Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
College Prospects - Hidden Gems & Sleepers - 2023

Wanted to start this thread earlier on but seems like the time to do it. Want this to be an ongoing thread for next year's draft. List a player or two on offense and defense that you feel are worth a late RD selection or potentially an instant UDFA signing. 

Offense:
Will Mallory - TE - Miami Hurricanes - Five year player. Local kid from Jacksonville. Has had a nice, steady four year stretch production wise. Nothing too crazy on the stat sheet but he's a pretty solid athlete and can help in the run blocking department. Wouldn't mind giving him a look in RD6 if he's there. I don't think he'll go undrafted though. Should test very well at the combine and/or at his pro day.

Defense:
PJ Mustipher - DT - Penn State Nittany Lions - Five year player. Very stout DT. Would fit in well here as an anchor at NT to free up other defenders to get after the QB. Penn State has been churning out really solid football players on defense. He may not be the guy that gets his name called too often but he's a guy that can develop into a path maker and lane clearer on a rotational basis early on.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Ricky Pearsall.

Good game today. Smooth route runner.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Antwane Wells Jr
T’Vondre Sweat

Tyler Brooks - DE Bowling Green
Has the size to play 5T and currently has 10 sacks and 18.5 TFLs. Has 27.5 sacks and 46 TFLs in his career.

Andrei Iosivas - WR Harvard
6’3” 200 lb with legit track speed. Under the radar now but will probably tear up the combine.

(11-29-2022, 09:32 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Tyler Brooks - DE Bowling Green
Has the size to play 5T and currently has 10 sacks and 18.5 TFLs. Has 27.5 sacks and 46 TFLs in his career.

6’3” 200 lb with legit track speed. Under the radar now but will probably tear up the combine.
I like both of these. Good stuff highlight wise. Andrei has an Alec Pierce look to him.

(12-01-2022, 01:38 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 09:32 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Tyler Brooks - DE Bowling Green

I like both of these. Good stuff highlight wise. Andrei has an Alec Pierce look to him.

Iosivas is definitely intriguing. Would be worth a mid-round pick if they don't take Johnston in the first.

(12-01-2022, 01:53 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(12-01-2022, 01:38 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I like both of these. Good stuff highlight wise. Andrei has an Alec Pierce look to him.

Iosivas is definitely intriguing. Would be worth a mid-round pick if they don't take Johnston in the first.
Yep. Good value there for sure. Could work in slowly.

Dylan Horton - TCU - Edge

Projected in the 4th or 5th round

He’s still learning the position but he was in the backfield all game against Michigan.  Was a safety when recruited and played basketball in high school, speaking to his athleticism.  Has put on 75 pounds since recruited and plays with a high motor.  I got to see him a lot.  I like his potential.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Trevius Hodges Tomlinson, nephew of LT. haven't really heard anyone bring him up but he's this years Jim Thorpe award winner and a huge part of TCUs scuccess this year. If we don't go corner in the first Hodges might be there in the 2nd or 3rd. Would be a good addition to Williams and Campbell. I think he could be a great nickel corner.

(01-01-2023, 11:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Trevius Hodges Tomlinson, nephew of LT. haven't really heard anyone bring him up but he's this years  Jim Thorpe award winner and a huge part of TCUs scuccess this year.  If we don't go corner in the first Hodges might be there in the 2nd or 3rd.  Would be a good addition to Williams and Campbell.  I think he could be a great nickel corner.

My only complaint with him is that he seems a little ‘handsy’.  Seems to hold a lot.

(01-01-2023, 11:13 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-01-2023, 11:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Trevius Hodges Tomlinson, nephew of LT. haven't really heard anyone bring him up but he's this years  Jim Thorpe award winner and a huge part of TCUs scuccess this year.  If we don't go corner in the first Hodges might be there in the 2nd or 3rd.  Would be a good addition to Williams and Campbell.  I think he could be a great nickel corner.

My only complaint with him is that he seems a little ‘handsy’.  Seems to hold a lot.

How many penalties did he get?

(01-01-2023, 11:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-01-2023, 11:13 PM)RicoTx Wrote: My only complaint with him is that he seems a little ‘handsy’.  Seems to hold a lot.

How many penalties did he get?

I don’t know.  I’ve seen almost every TCU game this year since they’re here in town.  I’m just going by what I’ve seen.  I know he had one, maybe two, against Michigan.

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2023, 11:42 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-01-2023, 11:31 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-01-2023, 11:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: How many penalties did he get?

I don’t know.  I’ve seen almost every TCU game this year since they’re here in town.  I’m just going by what I’ve seen.  I know he had one, maybe two, against Michigan.

The good thing is that is something that can be coached out of

(01-01-2023, 11:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-01-2023, 11:31 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I don’t know.  I’ve seen almost every TCU game this year since they’re here in town.  I’m just going by what I’ve seen.  I know he had one, maybe two, against Michigan.

The good thing is that is something that can be coaches out of

Oh I’m not saying I wouldn’t draft him…just a concern.  He’s a tremendous athlete.