Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Zay Jones. The man, the myth, the legend?

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/15526...ejpuL_xtPw
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

https://twitter.com/JStCyrTV/status/1553...3QhsX78XvQ

Apologies for repeating myself here, but I think this ^ type of thing is going to be a regular occurrence this season with Zay and Christian. Their former offenses utilized them this way with good results, and they are both adept at identifying and "sitting down" in the soft spots of zone coverage. When opponents show zone vs our offense, I expect (hope) these types of plays will be on speed-dial between Press Taylor and Lawrence.
It's an easy way to pick up good chunks of yardage if your OC, QB and receivers are prepped to take advantage of it when it's presented.

Zay Jones really had a nice showing tonight. If Trevor had hit him on the second play, he would have had over 50 yards on 3 series. He looked really smooth out there.

(08-12-2022, 08:51 PM)Newton Wrote: Zay Jones really had a nice showing tonight. If Trevor had hit him on the second play, he would have had over 50 yards on 3 series. He looked really smooth out there.

From all reports at camp, hes been killing it every day. Saying he has caught everything, constantly gets open and is one of the most vocal players on the field. Was good to see some of those reports translate over to tonight's game.

Hopefully it keeps up and isn't just camp hype.

Jones is going to have a career year

Zay Jones looked pretty good tonight.

(08-14-2022, 02:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/JStCyrTV/status/1558...9Us5B1Wr9w

Haha love Zay’s energy and personality.

Exciting times even though it's just preseason Smile

(08-14-2022, 02:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/JStCyrTV/status/1558...9Us5B1Wr9w

He should be buying him lunch every day. He's gonna make himself and Trevor a whole buncha money once they get rolling.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

https://mobile.twitter.com/JustonLewis_/...gr%5Etweet

Got To love those Zay interviews.

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2022, 05:27 PM by OG-JAGFAN. Edited 1 time in total.)

Keenan McCardell and Jimmy Smith were both considered bust. Zay Jones seems to have built a chemistry with Mr. Lawrence. I hope to see this continue into the regular season.

(08-16-2022, 05:26 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: Keenan McCardell and Jimmy Smith were both considered bust. Zay Jones seems to have built a chemistry with Mr. Lawrence. I hope to see this continue into the regular season.

LOL.  No way in hell McCardell was considered a bust.  He was a 12th round draft pick.  Not only that he had 56 receptions the year prior to the Jaguar’s signing him.  I’d love to know how a 12th rounder can be a ‘bust’.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Great! Now we’re all going to over draft him in fantasy
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(08-16-2022, 06:20 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(08-16-2022, 05:26 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: Keenan McCardell and Jimmy Smith were both considered bust. Zay Jones seems to have built a chemistry with Mr. Lawrence. I hope to see this continue into the regular season.

LOL.  No way in hell McCardell was considered a bust.  He was a 12th round draft pick.  Not only that he had 56 receptions the year prior to the Jaguar’s signing him.  I’d love to know how a 12th rounder can be a ‘bust’.

They were both seen as scrubs in the 1996 offseason and preseason.  The Jags paid big money to Rison for a reason.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2022, 12:11 AM by OG-JAGFAN. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-16-2022, 06:20 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

There was not a high demand for McCardell or Smith before they got here.

What a duo they were.

(08-17-2022, 12:09 AM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote:
(08-16-2022, 06:20 PM)RicoTx Wrote: LOL.  No way in hell McCardell was considered a bust.  He was a 12th round draft pick.  Not only that he had 56 receptions the year prior to the Jaguar’s signing him.  I’d love to know how a 12th rounder can be a ‘bust’.

There was not a high demand for McCardell or Smith before they got here.

I don't think you have the right definition for the word "bust."  Most people use that word to mean a high draft pick who plays much worse than expected.  A 12th round pick cannot be a bust.

(08-17-2022, 06:20 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-17-2022, 12:09 AM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: There was not a high demand for McCardell or Smith before they got here.

I don't think you have the right definition for the word "bust."  Most people use that word to mean a high draft pick who plays much worse than expected.  A 12th round pick cannot be a bust.

Precisely.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]