Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TWITAFCS - Week 13

Every silver lining has a cloud, so while many of us celebrated tack losses, Jag wins, and gave zero farts about tinhorns and horseshoes, many of us also lamented the hits our TWITAFCS standings would take. If you went against the grain, maybe you made up some ground on the pack. If not, suck it, ravens nonetheless!

Plenty of intrigue this week:

Jags @ Loins: Jags drew national attention with their bold play to steal a win from the visiting ravens. Loins had a nationwide broadcast and held their own against one of the best teams in the league. Expect a hotly contested football game between two young and ascending teams. If the Jags win here, the AFCS suddenly gets interesting. 34-30 Jags

tacks @ Iggles: The tacks are licking their wounds after losing to the Bungles, and remain one of the most confusing teams (for me, at least) to predict. Iggles have proven they can be beaten if forced into mistakes. Are they fading as the season enters the final stretch? How motivated is AJ Brown to face his former teammates? 27-22, Iggles

Brownies @ tinhorns: Speaking of facing former teammates, wise of the Browns to give Watson his first start on the road, that way he doesn't get booed out of the stadium at home. And for anyone familiar with Decembers in Cleveland, expect some rust. Sadly, the tinhorns are just bad enough that they won't be able to take advantage of the situation. Browns win, 17-9

indynoplace @ Cowpokes: Yet another force-feeding of horseshoes in a nationally televised game. If you enjoy watching a rival get trounced or looking at Jeff Saturday's "I just woke up after a three day bender" mug, I guess the networks are keeping these games on the TV for you. Pokes in a laffer, 34-18

Considering I went 1-3 last week and continue to flirt with .500 at 21-16-1, take these predictions with several grains of salt.  Best of luck!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

25-12-1 overall

I really want to take the Jags but just can't make myself do it.  I'm taking the pork loins in a close, high scoring, affair.

I really think the tack could pull this off because the birds suck against the run.  If the tacks can control the ball they can win a close one.  But I'm going to have to go birdies.

Browns.  Houston sucks.  Nuff said.

Cowgirls.  Hate 'em but Matt Ryan sucks [BLEEP] and the girls pass rush will beat the snot out of him.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

24-12-1

Eagles over Titans
Lions over Jaguars
Browns over Texans
Cowboys over Colts
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2022, 01:26 PM by HandsomeRob86. Edited 2 times in total.)

(12-01-2022, 10:12 AM)Mikey Wrote: Every silver lining has a cloud, so while many of us celebrated tack losses, Jag wins, and gave zero farts about tinhorns and horseshoes, many of us also lamented the hits our TWITAFCS standings would take. If you went against the grain, maybe you made up some ground on the pack. If not, suck it, ravens nonetheless!

Jags @ Loins: Jags drew national attention with their bold play to steal a win from the visiting ravens. Loins had a nationwide broadcast and held their own against one of the best teams in the league. Expect a hotly contested football game between two young and ascending teams. If the Jags win here, the AFCS suddenly gets interesting. 34-30 Jags

tacks @ Iggles: The tacks are licking their wounds after losing to the Bungles, and remain one of the most confusing teams (for me, at least) to predict. Iggles have proven they can be beaten if forced into mistakes. Are they fading as the season enters the final stretch? How motivated is AJ Brown to face his former teammates? 27-22, Iggles

Brownies @ tinhorns: Speaking of facing former teammates, wise of the Browns to give Watson his first start on the road, that way he doesn't get booed out of the stadium at home. And for anyone familiar with Decembers in Cleveland, expect some rust. Sadly, the tinhorns are just bad enough that they won't be able to take advantage of the situation. Browns win, 17-9

indynoplace @ Cowpokes: Yet another force-feeding of horseshoes in a nationally televised game. If you enjoy watching a rival get trounced or looking at Jeff Saturday's "I just woke up after a three day bender" mug, I guess the networks are keeping these games on the TV for you. Pokes in a laffer, 34-18

Considering I went 1-3 last week and continue to flirt with .500 at 21-16-1, take these predictions with several grains of salt.  Best of luck!
Glad I wasn't the only one who thought Saturday looked like he was coming off a bender.

Lions - cause I don't believe in full consistency.
Iggles  they gud
Browns - tinhorns bad
Cowboys

16-18-1 overall

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

25-12-1 overall as well.      since im tied with Rico tx right now my picks this week are  

Lions -they are at home

Eagles- they are a playoff team,and at home

cowboys- they are also a playoff team playig at home. 

Browns- Texans don't suck when they play jags,againest other 31 teams they do.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

22-15-1

Heck, I’ll go for it and take the Jags

Jags
Eagles
Cowboys
Browns.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2022, 08:12 PM by Redrunt82.)

Jags--------they could be turning a corner?
Eagles------this is a toss up game for me
Browns-----the Tinhorns can only beat us it seems.
Cowboys---Ryan is a hot mess.

Last week:   2 - 2

Overall:      24 - 13- 1
"So you're saying there's a chance!".   - Lloyd Christmas

Coming in at 17-20-1. Sorry for the 6 guys that preceded my picks, I usually provide a template on who to NOT choose. Anyways...

Jags over the Loins. I'm picking them the rest of the way, it's just too fun and I'm not winning this year. But the Jags are!

Cowboys over the colts. Am I the only one here that actually likes Jeff Saturday? The 'boys are SB contenders, and the ponies, mmmm, not so much.

Eagles over the tacks. I bet Tennessee doesn't even put up as good a fight as the Jags did.

Browns over Tinhorns. I mean, it's possible Deshawn needs some game time to get good again. But that's not the way he's used to doing it. Over/under on interceptions for Watson is 2, I'm taking the over, and the Browns still win by 2 scores.

Jaguars
Titans
Cowboys
Browns

Last week: 2-2
Overall: 24-13-1
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2022, 04:59 PM by SeldomRite. Edited 1 time in total.)

I'll take the jaguars, eagles, browns, and cowboys.

20-16 coming in, 23-17 going out.

(12-02-2022, 09:11 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: 25-12-1 overall as well.      since im tied with Rico tx right now my picks this week are  

Lions -they are at home

Eagles- they are a playoff team,and at home

cowboys- they are also a playoff team playig at home. 

Browns- Texans don't suck when they play jags,againest other 31 teams they do.

4-0 this week moves me to  29-12-1 overall

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(12-01-2022, 10:12 AM)Mikey Wrote: 34-30 Jags
27-22, Iggles
Browns win, 17-9
Pokes in a laffer, 34-18

3-1, 24-17-1

Silly optimism betrayed me again.

(12-02-2022, 06:46 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(12-01-2022, 10:12 AM)Mikey Wrote: Every silver lining has a cloud, so while many of us celebrated tack losses, Jag wins, and gave zero farts about tinhorns and horseshoes, many of us also lamented the hits our TWITAFCS standings would take. If you went against the grain, maybe you made up some ground on the pack. If not, suck it, ravens nonetheless!

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought Saturday looked like he was coming off a bender.

Lions - cause I don't believe in full consistency.
Iggles  they gud
Browns - tinhorns bad
Cowboys

16-18-1 overall

4-0, a rare treat for me this season. I am over 0.500 for first time.

20-18-1

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(12-01-2022, 01:39 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: 24-12-1

Eagles over Titans
Lions over Jaguars
Browns over Texans
Cowboys over Colts

4-0 this week
28-12-1 overall
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.