Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AFCS gets destroyed

So..... about the AFCS this week....

All 4 teams lost by a total of 155 - 57

Average margin of defeat was: 24.5 points

Houston was the best this week and lost by 13 points lol

Jags lost by 26, Ten by 25, Indy by 34

Just an overall brutal week for the division

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2022, 10:26 AM by NewJagsCity.)

AFCS is 1 and done in the wild card round. It may be time for realignment. Indy is certainly not in the 'south' and neither is Nashville.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

of all the games left the tittians have the easiest schedule left. 2 games againest jags,and one vs texans .  No way Jags are winning in tensse. they might have a chance last game cause tittians could be playing a game that means nothing due to them in playoffs,and already sedded.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(12-05-2022, 10:26 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: AFCS is 1 and done in the wild card round. It may be time for realignment. Indy is certainly not in the 'south' and neither is Nashville.

I....wut

Remember those "that's not how any of this works" commercials? Yeah, that.

(12-05-2022, 11:58 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-05-2022, 10:26 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: AFCS is 1 and done in the wild card round. It may be time for realignment. Indy is certainly not in the 'south' and neither is Nashville.

I....wut

Remember those "that's not how any of this works" commercials? Yeah, that.

Of course it's not related, but I like to insert my realignment commercial whenever possible. At the very least, Indy should be replaced by the Dolphins.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We're still a better division than the NFC South. But yeah, bad day at work yesterday.

(12-05-2022, 11:00 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: of all the games left the tittians have the easiest schedule left. 2 games againest jags,and one vs texans .  No way Jags are winning in tensse. they might have a chance last game cause tittians could be playing a game that means nothing due to them in playoffs,and already sedded.

They might win against a winless winning one win Texans tho

I do agree, the divisions make no sense. Indy in the AFCS? Dallas in the NFCE?

(12-06-2022, 08:43 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

I do agree, the divisions make no sense. Indy in the AFCS? Dallas in the NFCE?

Dallas was tied to Iggles/Redacteds/Giants due to ages of divisional history.

Both southern divisions were the leftovers, either expansion teams with little history, relocated franchises, or otherwise teams that didn't quite have the same ties that the other teams had when delineation occurred.

Prior to realignment, due to relocations and expansions we had other head-scratchers like ATL and NO in the NFC W, PHX/AZ in the NFC East, JAX in the AFC Central, Tampa in the NFC North, etc.

You can see that the NFCS has taken to their division, for years it seemed they rotated the crown from one team to the next, and it cemented new rivalries among 4 preexisting franchises. Unfortunately, the AFCS has had some real lopsided races (indy and Manning early on, and more recently the tacks) with no real contention. That lack of contention has hurt the divisional sense of rivalry. Heck, I'd even say in the early years of the division when we were chasing indy, they still had more focus on competing with Brady's Pats, Ben's Stillers way more than they worried about us unseating them.

We need a good number of years where multiple teams are competitive and the divisional games to mean more than darft positioning for the rivalries to really take hold.

(12-06-2022, 11:28 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 08:43 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I do agree, the divisions make no sense. Indy in the AFCS? Dallas in the NFCE?

Dallas was tied to Iggles/Redacteds/Giants due to ages of divisional history.

Both southern divisions were the leftovers, either expansion teams with little history, relocated franchises, or otherwise teams that didn't quite have the same ties that the other teams had when delineation occurred.

Prior to realignment, due to relocations and expansions we had other head-scratchers like ATL and NO in the NFC W, PHX/AZ in the NFC East, JAX in the AFC Central, Tampa in the NFC North, etc.

You can see that the NFCS has taken to their division, for years it seemed they rotated the crown from one team to the next, and it cemented new rivalries among 4 preexisting franchises. Unfortunately, the AFCS has had some real lopsided races (indy and Manning early on, and more recently the tacks) with no real contention. That lack of contention has hurt the divisional sense of rivalry. Heck, I'd even say in the early years of the division when we were chasing indy, they still had more focus on competing with Brady's Pats, Ben's Stillers way more than they worried about us unseating them.

We need a good number of years where multiple teams are competitive and the divisional games to mean more than darft positioning for the rivalries to really take hold.

Good post.
Agree 100%.