Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New draft projections

Thankfully, the emergence of Trevor Lawrence should not enable the Jaguars to pick in the top 10 for a long time. While their chances of winning the AFC South this season is likely no better than 50-50, I would expect the Jaguars to dominate the division for the next decade. The Jaguars most likely scenarios for the 2023 draft will have them picking either in the 13-17 range (2nd in AFC South) or 21-25 (win AFC South and possibly the wild card game). Our management MUST do better in the drafts since good players will need to either be cut or not resigned due to salary cap issues. Players like Jalen Carter and Wii Anderson will not be in the discussion for next years draft. Listed below are the players the Jaguars should strongly consider taking in one of these two draft slots: I'd expect Combine performances to alter their draft spot prior to the end of April. These players are listed by position and not by personal favorites.

Pick 13-17:

Receivers: Quinten Johnston and Jalin Hyatt

Offensive line: Peter Skoronski, Anton Harrison

Tight end: Michael Mayer

Cornerback: Joey Porter, Keelee Ringo

Picks 21-25:

Cornerback: Cam Smith,  Christian Gonzalez, Clark Phillips

Edge rusher: Felix Anudike-Uzmoah

Offensive line: Broderick Jones

The obvious need areas of cornerback, offensive line and edge rusher are a priority. Walker should be moved to defensive end opening up the need for someone to pair with Josh Allen. It's possible Devin Lloyd will also be given an opportunity here. Wide receiver is not a priority, but Johnston and Hiatt must be considered due to possibly being the BAP when the Jags pick. The same goes for Michael Mayer at tight end.  Peter Skoronski in not likely to make it out of the top 10, but he would be my top choice in round 1. Even if Walker Little becomes a solid taclkle, Skoronski could move to guard. The offensive line has improved this year, but run blocking is a weakness. A line of Robinson, Skoronski, Fortner, Scherff and Little could be very good

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Nice breakdown. I like both groups. Would be thrilled with that offensive line as a group next year. Hyatt will probably test off the charts at the combine speed wise. I think Mayer will as well for his position.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Can't say i've looked into many prospects for the upcoming draft but if we take a TE in round 1 and he isn't the living breathing reincarnation of Travis Kelce that would be a huge mistake. Engram is just fine.

(12-20-2022, 08:02 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Can't say i've looked into many prospects for the upcoming draft but if we take a TE in round 1 and he isn't the living breathing reincarnation of Travis Kelce that would be a huge mistake. Engram is just fine.

I agree with you on this. Mayer would be a very "safe" pick, but I'd rather keep Engram and draft another tight end like Sam Laporta or Tucker Kraft in round 3. Right now, my preference in round 1 would be for a cornerback to replace Griffin. This position is very deep and a very good one should be on the board when they pick in round 1.

IF we lose to titans

Where r we looking at draft pick wise?

(01-04-2023, 12:45 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: IF we lose to titans

What was it Vic liked to say?

I wouldn't worry about that.

Not 100% sure but we would finish 8 - 9. Would probably put us anywhere between the 15th - 18th range since the 14 teams that make the play-offs would eat up the 19th - 32nd range. 

Still puts us in a nice position to snag a quality CB, interior pass rusher on defense or a top guard or tight end on offense. I would think Ringo, Breese, Mayer, Skoronski & Torrence would all be in play here. 

I don't think Ringo is CB1 anymore. Even as a Bulldogs fan. He scares the hell out of me at times in coverage. Will be very, very interesting to see how handles Johnston in the National Championship game. If he gives up any of those big plays like he did against Ohio St. they're in deep [BLEEP].

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-04-2023, 10:12 AM)Caldrac Wrote:

Not 100% sure but we would finish 8 - 9. Would probably put us anywhere between the 15th - 18th range since the 14 teams that make the play-offs would eat up the 19th - 32nd range. 

Still puts us in a nice position to snag a quality CB, interior pass rusher on defense or a top guard or tight end on offense. I would think Ringo, Breese, Mayer, Skoronski & Torrence would all be in play here. 

I don't think Ringo is CB1 anymore. Even as a Bulldogs fan. He scares the hell out of me at times in coverage. Will be very, very interesting to see how handles Johnston in the National Championship game. If he gives up any of those big plays like he did against Ohio St. they're in deep [BLEEP].

Ringo can't cover a Slant to save his life and he can't find the football when it's in the air either. He'd be better off staying in school another year. 

Hes been exposed and cooked far too many times this season for my liking.

We should take Darnell Washington or Andrew Voorhees with the 31st overall pick.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

(01-15-2023, 07:23 PM)Caldrac Wrote: We should take Darnell Washington or Andrew Voorhees with the 31st overall pick.

I’d love to see Washington in a Jags uniform.  I think the only reason he doesn’t have better numbers is Bowers.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-15-2023, 08:48 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-15-2023, 07:23 PM)Caldrac Wrote: We should take Darnell Washington or Andrew Voorhees with the 31st overall pick.

I’d love to see Washington in a Jags uniform.  I think the only reason he doesn’t have better numbers is Bowers.

Agreed. Watching Hockenson's big [BLEEP] making plays in their loss to the Giants made me wonder what Lawrence could do with a monster like that out there running around. 

Having Kirk, Jones & Ridley with hopefully a tagged Engram + Behemoth in the opposite TE position? Good stuff man. Would love to see it.

I'll defer to those more informed than myself when it comes to prospects but for what little it is worth, at the minute if there were a really good O-lineman available that would be my first choice. After that probably a CB to complement Campbell and Williams or a top notch TE. Finding a really effective short yardage or power back in the later rounds or FA to take some of the grind off Etn would be nice too.

Draft approches change year to year depending on the situation but I do usually like how the ravens go about things. They're usually in the mid 20's. If there's a move to be made they make it but by a large they have a decent roster so they tend to let the draft come to them, at the minute I think we're in a similar boat for next year. We have positions more in need than others but by and large it's a young, steady, improving roster... If push comes to shove and it doesn't fall our way, that's life, don't reach, just take the best prospect there is and keep improving the team!