Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TWITAFCS - Week 16

Alright, big time Thursday game this week, so getting the thread in early to make sure nobody misses out. Don't forget to tally last week's predictions in the week 15 thread!

Jags @ JEST: It's hard not to think that the Jags are allied with the fates as this season progresses. They're playing with confidence, enthusiasm, and urgency. A run at the postseason is new ground for many on the team to tread, are they up to the pressure? The Jets are in disarray at the QB position, but if the same team that played us last season shows up, the Jags have a tough task at hand.

tinhorns @ tacks: The tinhorns gave KC a scare, and have been playing teams close for a while. Do they have enough in the tank to finally finish an upset? The tacks are on a lengthy losing streak, and risk a complete house cleaning if they don't start finding ways to win again, and fast. The tinhorns might be just what the doctor ordered.

Bolts @ horseshoes: Good lord, another primetime game for the stankeroo shoes. Unfortunately, I don't think we get the epic faceplant on back to back weeks, last Saturday's embarrassment shows just how valuable competent coaching can be. The bolts did Duval a big favor last weekend with the squeaker against the tacks, and they again get to feast on a cratering AFCS franchise.

A perfect week 15 brought me to 29-18-1. I'll take Duval 23-21, tacks (home) 24-16 and bolts 31-13.

Good luck, everyone!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

32-14-1 for me overall

This is a tough week to pick...

Jaguars over Jets
Titans over Texans
Chargers over Colts
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2022, 07:21 PM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-20-2022, 11:14 AM)Mikey Wrote: Alright, big time Thursday game this week, so getting the thread in early to make sure nobody misses out. Don't forget to tally last week's predictions in the week 15 thread!

Jags @ JEST: It's hard not to think that the Jags are allied with the fates as this season progresses. They're playing with confidence, enthusiasm, and urgency. A run at the postseason is new ground for many on the team to tread, are they up to the pressure? The Jets are in disarray at the QB position, but if the same team that played us last season shows up, the Jags have a tough task at hand.
!

(Emphasis added)

If the team that showed up last year shows up, I would be relieved.

This year's Jets team is far better than last year's team, even with the dysfunction at QB.

They are better at WR with Garrett Wilson.

Defensively they are loaded.  Quinned Williams has come into his own at DL and has had a Pro Bowl type season.  Overall they rush the passer much better than they did last year.  They are the ones that hit Josh Allen, hurting his elbow.  They have a top CB with Sauce Gardner.

That, plus our tackle injuries, the short week, and the weather forecast, are what makes me nervous about this game.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Don't wanna do this, but I have a feeling the Jets beat us in a sloppy weather game. However, I think the Texans upset the Titans, so its a wash.

Jets over Jaguars
Texans over Titans
Chargers over Colts
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2022, 09:03 AM by snowwolf776. Edited 1 time in total.)

34-13-1 overall

at this point and time Jets are the better team overall. Jags are still young, and growing.    Jags somehow pull it out.

no way tittians lose to Texans in Tennese.  tittians

colts

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2022, 12:09 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

34-13-1

Man I'm so scared to do it for the 'jinx factor', but I picked 'em last week two weeks ago vs. the girls tacks.  Jags take a close one.

I'd love to take the Texans here, but I think the tacks hold on for a close win at home despite Willis probably starting.

Bolts jockeying for a better playoff position.  Gotta go Bolts after the complete meltdown by the clots last weekend.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-21-2022, 11:36 AM)RicoTx Wrote: 34-13-1

Man I'm so scared to do it for the 'jinx factor', but I picked 'em last week vs. the girls.  Jags take a close one.

I'd love to take the Texans here, but I think the tacks hold on for a close win at home despite Willis probably starting.

Bolts jockeying for a better playoff position.  Gotta go Bolts after the complete meltdown by the clots last weekend.

you didn't pick jags last week, you took cowboys last week. you said everyone in AFC south would lose.  I took Jags last week though. thats how i tied back up with you.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Whatever

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2022, 07:13 PM by anonymous2112. Edited 1 time in total.)

Coming in at a hair better than coin flips at 24-23-1. Forgot about the Thursday game and figured the tacks would screw us just for the hell of it, so lost those 2.

Last week was so crazy anyone could have wound up 0-4 or 4-0 by a single play in each game. Congrats to those who went 4-0!

This is another tough week to call. Texans are not giving up, colts suck but are a helluva lot better with Ryan at the helm, and the Tacks will always find a way to screw the Jags and will play accordingly. Jets defense reminds me of the Jags 2017, so they won't have to lean on Wilson.

Anyway...

Jags over Jets. This game is just as tough as the Cowboys, and it's hard to catch lightning in a bottle twice. Somehow, the TEAM does. I'm guessing we'll either win or lose by a defensive score. This time we win.

Texans over the Tacks. Houston is hungry for a win and the tacks are vulnerable.

Chargers over the colts. I had a nice long paragraph about how the colts are in a bounce-back game, and then remembered Jonathan Taylor is on IR.

If I pick the jags they lose, but I think its time
Jags
Tinhorns
Bolts
24-20-1

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Jags
Tacks
Bolts

Last week:   3 - 1

Overall:      31 - 16- 1
"So you're saying there's a chance!".   - Lloyd Christmas

Jaguars
Texans
Chargers

I'll eventually get around to figuring out my record.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(12-21-2022, 07:12 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: Coming in at a hair better than coin flips at 24-23-1.  Forgot about the Thursday game and figured the tacks would screw us just for the hell of it, so lost those 2.

Last week was so crazy anyone could have wound up 0-4 or 4-0 by a single play in each game.  Congrats to those who went 4-0!

This is another tough week to call.  Texans are not giving up, colts suck but are a helluva lot better with Ryan at the helm, and the Tacks will always find a way to screw the Jags and will play accordingly.  Jets defense reminds me of the Jags 2017, so they won't have to lean on Wilson.

Anyway...

Jags over Jets.  This game is just as tough as the Cowboys, and it's hard to catch lightning in a bottle twice.  Somehow, the TEAM does.  I'm guessing we'll either win or lose by a defensive score.  This time we win.

Texans over the Tacks.  Houston is hungry for a win and the tacks are vulnerable.

Chargers over the colts.  I had a nice long paragraph about how the colts are in a bounce-back game, and then remembered Jonathan Taylor is on IR.

and also Ryan back on the bench and Foles will be starting, from what I've read. Too late to start tanking, so your guess is as good as mine...

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2022, 08:05 PM by SeldomRite. Edited 1 time in total.)

I'll go jets, tacks, colts. I keep picking the Jags to lose and they keep winning. Hopefully the trend continues.

27-19 coming into the week.

Looks like tannehill hoping to return for week 18.

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/titans-qb-ryan-...rn-vs-jagu

The city of Nashville has instituted rolling blackouts. They have asked for the Titans/Texans game to be pushed back in solidarity.

(12-24-2022, 01:36 PM)ShivanWurm Wrote: The city of Nashville has instituted rolling blackouts. They have asked for the Titans/Texans game to be pushed back in solidarity.

Rolling blackouts? I thought that only happens in (something something) hell holes like California.

It’s from the recent cold snap and winter weather that’s been going through the the country. Sudden spike in heating put a strain on power grid they said.

(12-24-2022, 02:28 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(12-24-2022, 01:36 PM)ShivanWurm Wrote: The city of Nashville has instituted rolling blackouts. They have asked for the Titans/Texans game to be pushed back in solidarity.

Rolling blackouts? I thought that only happens in (something something) hell holes like California.

Our ‘rolling blackout’ lasted 3 1/2 days last February, when the temperatures were below 20.  It was lovely.  Got down to about 40 in the house before the power came back on.

(12-24-2022, 02:44 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(12-24-2022, 02:28 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Rolling blackouts? I thought that only happens in (something something) hell holes like California.

Our ‘rolling blackout’ lasted 3 1/2 days last February, when the temperatures were below 20.  It was lovely.  Got down to about 40 in the house before the power came back on.

You live in California?