Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TNF - tacks v cowboys thread

(12-29-2022, 11:11 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(12-29-2022, 11:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: They may be better off with Dobbs than Willis IMO.

Regardless, I have faith our offense will find a way to score more points.

Hopefully our defense can continue this current run of scrappy play accompanied by more of those opportunistic takeaways.
There lies my chief concern.  Can't give up too many big plays and they are really banged along a D-line tasked with limiting Derrick Henry.

Dobbs is like a 6th year player. He hasn't played a lot but he should look better than Willis but I think Willis ability to run makes him more dangerous. They signed Dobbs this week I think so if they are willing to throw him in Week 18 against us I'm fine with that.

Yeah Henry is still their main weapon but he's not looked his best this year, especially as the year has gone on. The real key is getting 2-3 scores ahead and making them have to pass and move away from the run.

(12-29-2022, 11:06 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Yea, I've been following thier game day thread.  They are all-in on Dobbs over Willis.  Rightly so, I would say.

I'm not sold yet. Dallas have been sloppy and while his WR's have had some bad drops he's made some bad decisions. I may be wrong but this looks more like first game, looking good rather than actually being THAT good.
(12-29-2022, 11:20 PM)Newton Wrote: So do we think they roll with Dobbs against us?
(12-29-2022, 11:20 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-29-2022, 11:20 PM)Newton Wrote: So do we think they roll with Dobbs against us?

Definitely
Watch the Titans have planned to just throw out Dobbs to take the beating and save the gameplan for Willis for the Jags game. That gets him ready and they don't show anything this week. Then they just go full run offense. They also have more wins on the road.

That will be a #because jaguars way to lose the division.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Man. The cope on the tacks msg board is REAL. Dudes really think they’re gonna throw Dobbs out there, who completed 50% of his passes and smoke the Jags.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(12-30-2022, 01:06 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(12-29-2022, 11:11 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Dobbs is like a 6th year player. He hasn't played a lot but he should look better than Willis but I think Willis ability to run makes him more dangerous. They signed Dobbs this week I think so if they are willing to throw him in Week 18 against us I'm fine with that.

Yeah Henry is still their main weapon but he's not looked his best this year, especially as the year has gone on. The real key is getting 2-3 scores ahead and making them have to pass and move away from the run.

I'm not sold yet. Dallas have been sloppy and while his WR's have had some bad drops he's made some bad decisions. I may be wrong but this looks more like first game, looking good rather than actually being THAT good.
(12-29-2022, 11:20 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Definitely
Watch the Titans have planned to just throw out Dobbs to take the beating and save the gameplan for Willis for the Jags game. That gets him ready and they don't show anything this week. Then they just go full run offense. They also have more wins on the road.

Meh

The Jets tried to do it mid game with their Great Value Taysom Hill (who no one had tape on) and the Jags adjusted after one series.

Jags have faced good backs and mobile QBs several times this year. 
They have the packages installed to defend it.
Just need to execute.

(12-30-2022, 01:06 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(12-29-2022, 11:11 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Dobbs is like a 6th year player. He hasn't played a lot but he should look better than Willis but I think Willis ability to run makes him more dangerous. They signed Dobbs this week I think so if they are willing to throw him in Week 18 against us I'm fine with that.

(12-29-2022, 11:20 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Definitely

You don’t think the Jags will have a plan for both?

It took them about 9 plays to figure out Streeveler when they didn’t even game plan for him. They have had 10 days to come up with a plan for both Willis and Dobbs. And now they have tape on Dobbs.

Pederson and the boys will be ready.

(12-30-2022, 09:01 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-30-2022, 01:06 AM)p_rushing Wrote: Watch the Titans have planned to just throw out Dobbs to take the beating and save the gameplan for Willis for the Jags game. That gets him ready and they don't show anything this week. Then they just go full run offense. They also have more wins on the road.

It took them about 9 plays to figure out Streeveler when they didn’t even game plan for him. They have had 10 days to come up with a plan for both Willis and Dobbs. And now they have tape on Dobbs.

I think the Jets benching Wilson for that poor man's Tebow was a positive development for the Jaguars.  Lageman was also saying the Texans have been using two QBs-Davis Mills and Jeff Driskel. Per Lageman, Driskel is the mobile/running QB.  Both will help prepare the defense for any insanity the tacks will try with Willis.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(12-30-2022, 08:43 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-30-2022, 01:06 AM)p_rushing Wrote: Watch the Titans have planned to just throw out Dobbs to take the beating and save the gameplan for Willis for the Jags game. That gets him ready and they don't show anything this week. Then they just go full run offense. They also have more wins on the road.

Meh

The Jets tried to do it mid game with their Great Value Taysom Hill (who no one had tape on) and the Jags adjusted after one series.

Just need to execute.
(12-30-2022, 09:01 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

It's a joke about the poor performance in the past by the Jags and them finding ways to lose. Then the Jags have also had issues with backup QBs.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

It'll be Willis on Tack Sunday. The Titans did their best to disguise it (which wasn't very good), but they essentially rested their starters last night. We'd have seen a lot more Derrick Henry if they hadn't.

I'm hopeful that Pederson will put his best team on the field on Texan Sunday, and then re-evaluate at halftime. Someone will be monitoring the other games and if MIami is blowing out New England, maybe we'll see some Beathard in the second half regardless of score. He needs some reps too, y'know...

(12-30-2022, 09:29 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(12-30-2022, 08:43 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Meh

Just need to execute.
(12-30-2022, 09:01 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: You don’t think the Jags will have a plan for both?

It's a joke about the poor performance in the past by the Jags and them finding ways to lose. Then the Jags have also had issues with backup QBs.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Wile that has been an issue un the pastm and undoutbedly there will be the occasional down days in the future, I think overall, there will be far fewer poor performances than we've seen in the past.  Lots of negative past trends and tendencies are being broken this year.

(12-30-2022, 10:13 AM)anonymous2112 Wrote: It'll be Willis on Tack Sunday.  The Titans did their best to disguise it (which wasn't very good), but they essentially rested their starters last night.  We'd have seen a lot more Derrick Henry if they hadn't.

I'm hopeful that Pederson will put his best team on the field on Texan Sunday, and then re-evaluate at halftime.  Someone will be monitoring the other games and if MIami is blowing out New England, maybe we'll see some Beathard in the second half regardless of score.  He needs some reps too, y'know...

Hopefully we'll be up by a bunch at halftime and it gives us the best of both worlds.  By playing the starters in the dirst half, we've kept the sense of urgency and continue to build the winning culture and add another win and continue the momentum going into the tacks game, while having the injury mitigation benefit of sitting some starters in the second half, even if it's just in the 4th quarter.

But I expect the Texans to continue to play tough.  It's a testament to Lovie Smith and the chaacter of their players they continue to play hard, competitive football at the end of this horrible season for them.