Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
WEEK 17/ DAMAR HAMLIN Updates

You can't continue to play a game like this. Unless they get word that he has been successfully resuscitated and his stable, the game should stop.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2023, 10:21 PM by nejagsfan.)

I have a bad feeling about this one

This is just crazy. Feel so sorry for Hamlin. It looks like the initial impact from the hit is in the chest area, around the heart. Hope he's OK.

Not sure if they restart this. The league will want to due to all the Week 18 scenarios but those Bills players look broken.

That young man likely just died in front of his teammates on the field.

So heartbreaking.

I can't imagine. When I saw the ambulance ON THE FIELD, I knew something was not right.

I hope that Damar Hamlin ends up being okay. That is a very scary situation.

(01-02-2023, 10:15 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: That's just insane, cpr? Did they get him breathing? Need an update, [BLEEP].
(01-02-2023, 10:17 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(01-02-2023, 10:15 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: That's just insane, cpr? Did they get him breathing? Need an update, [BLEEP].

No update on that everybody's in tears on the field though... They did get him off the field though
The fact that they are saying the game needs to continue, I think they at least got him back to where they could get him into the ambulance.
(01-02-2023, 10:17 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Wonder if he has inflammation issues in the heart? I Know that's a growing issues in certain young men these days... Gonna leave it at that.
Could have popped up but they are checked every year. Won't get into it but this is what has been happening across the world.

If this doesn't have a good ending, the league will have to reevaluate all the players.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(01-02-2023, 10:21 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: You can't continue to play a game like this. Unless they get word that he has been successfully resuscitated and his stable, the game should stop.

The moneyed powers aren't going to like that option. I'm pretty sure this game will be finished this evening, one way or another.

(01-02-2023, 10:14 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-02-2023, 10:05 PM)NH3 Wrote: Injuries-R-Us for the Bills. I pray that Hamlin will be alright.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
This isn’t an injury dude

REALLY? 

What is it then? Some injuries reflect Life and Death.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(01-02-2023, 10:23 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(01-02-2023, 10:17 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: No update on that everybody's in tears on the field though... They did get him off the field though
The fact that they are saying the game needs to continue, I think they at least got him back to where they could get him into the ambulance.
(01-02-2023, 10:17 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Wonder if he has inflammation issues in the heart? I Know that's a growing issues in certain young men these days... Gonna leave it at that.
Could have popped up but they are checked every year. Won't get into it but this is what has been happening across the world.

If this doesn't have a good ending, the league will have to reevaluate all the players.

Oh eff right off

This happened to Hank Gather in 1990.

I can’t believe they are even thinking about continuing this game. They just watched a player basically die on the field in front of them, how do you keep playing after that????
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(01-02-2023, 10:24 PM)NH3 Wrote:
(01-02-2023, 10:14 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: This isn’t an injury dude

REALLY? 

NH3...
So you make an awful “injuries-r-us” joke about a player who is potentially dead on the field from what appears to be a heart issue?

And you wanna make a claim it’s just an injury?

(01-02-2023, 10:22 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: This is just crazy. Feel so sorry for Hamlin. It looks like the initial impact from the hit is in the chest area, around the heart. Hope he's OK.

Not sure if they restart this. The league will want to due to all the Week 18 scenarios but those Bills players look broken.
If he dies, this was as public as it could get. Sports in the US have been spared so far.

I'm not sure how they play week 18 as scheduled. I'm guessing the NFLPA may push for all players to be tested and cleared before playing.

Football is not important here, this young man's life is. I really hope he is ok.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

This goes far beyond a stupid football game. I hope that kid is ok. Truly terrible

(01-02-2023, 10:26 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(01-02-2023, 10:22 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: This is just crazy. Feel so sorry for Hamlin. It looks like the initial impact from the hit is in the chest area, around the heart. Hope he's OK.

If he dies, this was as public as it could get. Sports in the US have been spared so far.

I'm not sure how they play week 18 as scheduled. I'm guessing the NFLPA may push for all players to be tested and cleared before playing.

Shut the [BLEEP] up, [BLEEP] hole.

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2023, 10:31 PM by NH3. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-02-2023, 10:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-02-2023, 10:24 PM)NH3 Wrote: REALLY? 

NH3...
So you make an awful “injuries-r-us” joke about a player who is potentially dead on the field from what appears to be a heart issue?

STOP IT W/YOUR BULL [BLEEP]!!! I don't joke about situations like this. I don't joke about Life and Death.

GTFOOH

NH3...
"AZANE"

This is horrific.. Just read that they did 9 minutes worth of cpr on him..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Tested and cleared for what? You know it could have just been an underlying issue or a freak thing

Yeah I don't know. This was the leagues worst nightmare. Big MNF game and this happens. Factor in things like Tua's concussions and player health is going to be a big thing this offseason. 

This is new, truly horrible territory. Players off the field, cut to the studio. They have no idea what to do, this is a scenario that's never been planned for.

Just hoping with everything that kid is fighting right now. He's going to have the best people around him.

(01-02-2023, 10:30 PM)NH3 Wrote:
(01-02-2023, 10:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: So you make an awful “injuries-r-us” joke about a player who is potentially dead on the field from what appears to be a heart issue?

STOP IT W/YOUR BULL [BLEEP]!!! I don't joke about situations like this. I don't joke about Life and Death.

GTFOOH

NH3...
Then what’s the “injuries - r- us” comment? Just because?

Own it. You [BLEEP] up.