Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Drag Queens Are Upset About A New Law

(01-05-2023, 02:14 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-05-2023, 12:12 PM)mikesez Wrote: Weve discussed him before.  His handle is Desmondisamazing

I haven’t discussed him. I don’t do social media.

Apparently you don't do Google either?
When people talk about "grooming", that kid is the most public and concerning example I'm aware of.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-05-2023, 10:48 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-05-2023, 10:20 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: What does drag in front of children really mean?  I assume this would prohibit a public event at the Jax Landing to occur since it's not an 18 and over requirement.  In cases such as that, I think it's a parents discretion whether they want to bring their 15 year old kid to the event or if a kid shows up with their friends so be it.

How many parents actually know where their kids are at any given time these days? If the Jones' don't want Sam to go to an event but he wants to go all he has to do is "go spend the night with Johnny" whose parents don't have the same reservations and they're off to see a show. Oldest trick in the book.

And that's just one example. 

There is exactly zero reason why kids should be exposed to drag. They don't understand it and to have to explain it to a six year old is simply not something parents should have to do. Drag is something for adults who have made a choice, like Drifter has, to do something they have an understanding of. I'm 50 years old and I don't get the appeal of doing it or watching it but I get that people like different things. Kids do not have the ability to process things because they lack life experience that gives them perspective. 

Adult things should remain as such. Let kids be kids for crying out loud.

(01-05-2023, 03:05 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: Indoctrination into what, and for what purpose?

Really?

So, should Drifter be arrested when he drives to his favorite tavern and happens to cross paths with a few kids as he walks from his car to the bar dressed in drag?  In reality, that is exposing kids to drag.

(01-05-2023, 02:57 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-05-2023, 10:48 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: How many parents actually know where their kids are at any given time these days? If the Jones' don't want Sam to go to an event but he wants to go all he has to do is "go spend the night with Johnny" whose parents don't have the same reservations and they're off to see a show. Oldest trick in the book.

And that's just one example. 

There is exactly zero reason why kids should be exposed to drag. They don't understand it and to have to explain it to a six year old is simply not something parents should have to do. Drag is something for adults who have made a choice, like Drifter has, to do something they have an understanding of. I'm 50 years old and I don't get the appeal of doing it or watching it but I get that people like different things. Kids do not have the ability to process things because they lack life experience that gives them perspective. 

Adult things should remain as such. Let kids be kids for crying out loud.

Really?

So, should Drifter be arrested when he drives to his favorite tavern and happens to cross paths with a few kids as he walks from his car to the bar dressed in drag?  In reality, that is exposing kids to drag.

You’re being obtuse.

(01-05-2023, 03:47 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-05-2023, 02:57 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: So, should Drifter be arrested when he drives to his favorite tavern and happens to cross paths with a few kids as he walks from his car to the bar dressed in drag?  In reality, that is exposing kids to drag.

You’re being obtuse.

No, seriously.  Drag is on TV quite often.  Guys kissing is on all of the HIV prescription commercials.  Mixed marriages are always featured on commercials.   How can one say kids should not be exposed to things that are shown everywhere in public view at all times during the day and night.  Personally, I'm ok with it and simply think parents should talk to their kids but I do have to admit a lot of things seemed to be shoved down our throats more than I care for.

Talk to their kids about what? If it's normal, why shouldn't they do it. What is there to talk about?

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2023, 07:51 PM by Jags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-05-2023, 04:10 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-05-2023, 03:47 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: You’re being obtuse.

No, seriously.  Drag is on TV quite often.  Guys kissing is on all of the HIV prescription commercials.  Mixed marriages are always featured on commercials.   How can one say kids should not be exposed to things that are shown everywhere in public view at all times during the day and night.  Personally, I'm ok with it and simply think parents should talk to their kids but I do have to admit a lot of things seemed to be shoved down our throats more than I care for.

Parents should be checking on and limit what their kids do and watch.  “Is it normal” the drag thing… ugh…no.   It is not normal.   Is it normal for Johnny to want to marry Jane?  Yes!  Is it normal for Jane to put her penis in Johnny’s vagina? No! I don’t believe so.  that is not what biology had planned.

Drag is fine as a form of entertainment, even for children.

What isn't fine is sexually explicit entertainment in front of children, regardless of who is performing it.

If Drifter walks past kids while in drag, then who cares. But if Drifter uses sexually explicit gestures or language in front of kids - whether in drag or not, then I have a problem with that.

Is cross dressing a problem? No. It's been a feature of movies for forever. Kurt Russel cross dressed in Tango and Cash, Arnie dresses as a chick in Total Recall.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

(01-05-2023, 08:22 PM)captivating Wrote: Drag is fine as a form of entertainment, even for children.

What isn't fine is sexually explicit entertainment in front of children, regardless of who is performing it.

If Drifter walks past kids while in drag, then who cares.  But if Drifter uses sexually explicit gestures or language in front of kids - whether in drag or not, then I have a problem with that.

Is cross dressing a problem?  No.  It's been a feature of movies for forever.  Kurt Russel cross dressed in Tango and Cash, Arnie dresses as a chick in Total Recall.
Just gonna stop you right there.

(01-05-2023, 08:24 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-05-2023, 08:22 PM)captivating Wrote: Drag is fine as a form of entertainment, even for children.

If Drifter walks past kids while in drag, then who cares.  But if Drifter uses sexually explicit gestures or language in front of kids - whether in drag or not, then I have a problem with that.

Is cross dressing a problem?  No.  It's been a feature of movies for forever.  Kurt Russel cross dressed in Tango and Cash, Arnie dresses as a chick in Total Recall.
Just gonna stop you right there.

My kids recently saw a kids' play put on at our community theater that had a male actor playing a female character.  You could call that drag, but there was nothing sexual or even innuendo with it.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(01-05-2023, 08:27 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-05-2023, 08:24 PM)Jags Wrote: Just gonna stop you right there.

My kids recently saw a kids' play put on at our community theater that had a male actor playing a female character.  You could call that drag, but there was nothing sexual or even innuendo with it.
Ok

(01-05-2023, 03:47 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-05-2023, 02:57 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: So, should Drifter be arrested when he drives to his favorite tavern and happens to cross paths with a few kids as he walks from his car to the bar dressed in drag?  In reality, that is exposing kids to drag.

You’re being obtuse.

Thanks.

(01-05-2023, 08:27 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-05-2023, 08:24 PM)Jags Wrote: Just gonna stop you right there.

Exactly right.  People have cross dressed for entertainment since the Ancient Greek times. 

If a person is offended by Mrs Doubtfire, then I suggest they need to look within.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

(01-05-2023, 09:48 PM)captivating Wrote:
(01-05-2023, 08:27 PM)mikesez Wrote: My kids recently saw a kids' play put on at our community theater that had a male actor playing a female character.  You could call that drag, but there was nothing sexual or even innuendo with it.

Exactly right.  People have cross dressed for entertainment since the Ancient Greek times. 

If a person is offended by Mrs Doubtfire, then I suggest they need to look within.

Acting a part, as in Mrs. Doubtfire, is very different than teaching kids it's a way of life.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2023, 01:33 AM by captivating.)

You're reaching by thinking watching one drag show is teaching kids a way of life. So long as there is no sexual content, it's just entertainment. I'm sure no one would be offended by taking kids to an opera where men dressed as women.

But provocative or sexual content for minors is a no-no.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

Well, the bill is pretty specific, so most of these arguments aren't necessary. According to the article, the bill hopes to "create an offense for a person who engages in an adult cabaret performance on public property or in a location where the adult cabaret performance could be viewed by a person who is not an adult.” The Senator proposing the legislation said, "We’re protecting kids and families and parents who want to be able to take their kids to public places. We’re not attacking anyone or targeting anyone. I’ve heard references to this bill that it will ban drag shows. Well, no, it won’t. It just says you can’t do something that’s sexually explicit. It won’t prevent someone dressed in drag from being in a parade or being in public.”

So, it would seem that the drag queens who are "upset" by this bill are specifically upset about being able to perform sexually in front of children. Seems pretty dumb to be giving those people a voice.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2023, 12:52 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

It's never been okay for kids to see sexually explicit material.  So if what they're doing is banning drag queens from performing sexually explicit material in front of kids, what is the need for this legislation?  What kind of thing are they trying to ban that isn't already banned?  An "adult cabaret performance," to me, is someone standing on stage singing.  Are they banning singing in drag?

(01-06-2023, 12:50 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: It's never been okay for kids to see sexually explicit material.  So if what they're doing is banning drag queens from performing sexually explicit material in front of kids, what is the need for this legislation?  What kind of thing are they trying to ban that isn't already banned?  An "adult cabaret performance," to me, is someone standing on stage singing.  Are they banning singing in drag?

I take it you've never been to a drag show? Because it really sounds like you've never seen a drag show. It's ALL about outlandish and overt female sexuality.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-06-2023, 01:24 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-06-2023, 12:50 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: It's never been okay for kids to see sexually explicit material.  So if what they're doing is banning drag queens from performing sexually explicit material in front of kids, what is the need for this legislation?  What kind of thing are they trying to ban that isn't already banned?  An "adult cabaret performance," to me, is someone standing on stage singing.  Are they banning singing in drag?

I take it you've never been to a drag show? Because it really sounds like you've never seen a drag show. It's ALL about outlandish and overt female sexuality.

I have no desire to see a drag show.  Enlighten me.

(01-06-2023, 01:25 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-06-2023, 01:24 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I take it you've never been to a drag show? Because it really sounds like you've never seen a drag show. It's ALL about outlandish and overt female sexuality.

I have no desire to see a drag show.  Enlighten me.

It's hard to find appropriate gifs of 200 lb men in thongs spreading their legs so 10 year old girls can put dollars in their G-strings. Spend a few minutes on Google and you'll find plenty to enlighten you.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

But... but... there's already laws about this. The system is perfect. Republicans are overreacting...