Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Sounds of the Game

The video of the tacks game will go down in history as the game the Jaguars finally took their place in the NFL.
Maybe we can send the link to urbs and show him what a real coach is capable of.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-11-2023, 10:38 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-10-2023, 08:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://youtu.be/R05V_Ux_vl0

I don't often get emotional about a Jags win but this did it. Especially the last few minutes. I actually teared up. The pure joy on the faces of the fans and the hugs and such between players in the locker room is something else. 

Coach said that game was our season in a nutshell and he was right. I think a lot of "demons" were exorcised in that game and not just all the losses to the tacks over the decades. It was losses to NFC division teams we could never beat; losses on the west coast; losses to lesser teams we should have beat; the debacle that was the 2021 season; draft picks and acquisitions that didn't pan out; all of the crap the media spews.

We needed to win this game on a far deeper level than getting to the post season. We needed it for our sanity, yes, but we needed it so we could have hope. It just so happens that winning the game won us the AFC South and this feels so much better than the 2017 season. So. Much. Better.

I believe.
#itwasalwaysthejags

It was maybe the most important win in Jags history to date. In the grander scheme of the NFL, it might not look like anything other than a close division clinching win but for those of us who've followed this franchise, especially the long timers, it's hard to properly emphasize just how important and critical it was. We *had* to win that game. Exorcising demons is a very good way to put it.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(01-11-2023, 10:38 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-10-2023, 08:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://youtu.be/R05V_Ux_vl0

I don't often get emotional about a Jags win but this did it. Especially the last few minutes. I actually teared up. The pure joy on the faces of the fans and the hugs and such between players in the locker room is something else. 

Coach said that game was our season in a nutshell and he was right. I think a lot of "demons" were exorcised in that game and not just all the losses to the tacks over the decades. It was losses to NFC division teams we could never beat; losses on the west coast; losses to lesser teams we should have beat; the debacle that was the 2021 season; draft picks and acquisitions that didn't pan out; all of the crap the media spews.

We needed to win this game on a far deeper level than getting to the post season. We needed it for our sanity, yes, but we needed it so we could have hope. It just so happens that winning the game won us the AFC South and this feels so much better than the 2017 season. So. Much. Better.

I believe.
#itwasalwaysthejags

I've watched it twice now, and I'm not sure why but both times I got a lump in my throat towards the end when the fan was holding the "It was always the Jags" towel.

(01-11-2023, 10:58 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-10-2023, 08:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Gave me the chills.  I cant wait for the Wild Card game as i will be there.  Man i hope we upset the Chargers

We're the higher seed, home team, and beat the living [BLEEP] out of them in their house during the regular season, it's an upset if we lose.

They have the better record and are favored.

I was emotional to @americus. When we got that stop on 4th to seal the game I just screamed and threw my arms straight into the air for like 3 minutes lol. It felt like everything we had to sit through last year just got lifted off of me and was left way in the past.

It’s been a long time since I felt as confident about the Jags winning a game as I did about the Texans and the Titans. I’m just a nutty fan but everything that built up to the moment it just felt like it was finally our time. Everything is about to be more fun as a Jags fan now. The seasons. The post-seasons. The off-season. The social media content we get. There is a window of opportunity now I’m not sure I’ve ever experienced as a Jags fan.

(01-11-2023, 10:44 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: I love the bit with Rayshawn and Campbell after the pick. Rayshawn asking him where he got the turnover chain from and Campbell just says 'Out the crowd'

Campbell gettin INTs even after the play is done, love it!

(01-11-2023, 01:23 PM)TownCenterJag Wrote: I was emotional to @americus. When we got that stop on 4th to seal the game I just screamed and threw my arms straight into the air for like 3 minutes lol.  It felt like everything we had to sit through last year just got lifted off of me and was left way in the past.

It’s been a long time since I felt as confident about the Jags winning a game as I did about the Texans and the Titans. I’m just a nutty fan but everything that built up to the moment it just felt like it was finally our time.  Everything is about to be more fun as a Jags fan now. The seasons. The post-seasons. The off-season. The social media content we get. There is a window of opportunity now I’m not sure I’ve ever experienced as a Jags fan.

I definitely feel like the team, the organization as a whole and the fans finally have the proverbial monkey off our back now that we have have accomplished everything we have this season. All of the things I listed were weighing us all down and the wins against the tinhorns and tacks specifically were instrumental in setting us free from all of it.

Having Pederson come in and completely changing the culture that has been lingering for decades is huge. His winning the trust and respect of the players, especially the ones who were here for the [BLEEP] show last season, is more important than anything else because without that we don't have the men willing to sacrifice and be selfless on the field, during practice, in the gym, etc. 

If y'all haven't watched any of the pregame or post game stuff with Coach and the players I urge you to do so. These guys are seriously ALL IN in a way I have never seen before and you see it in the answers they give as well as on the field. This includes the Mic'd Up videos. It's like they're all each other's cheerleaders, biggest fans and biggest supporters. It really is fantastic. 

Maybe Dewey was instrumental in helping build this because we all know by now how much he loves the team and the game, and other players have mentioned him as being a big presence in the locker room and on the sidelines and field.

(01-12-2023, 12:38 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-11-2023, 01:23 PM)TownCenterJag Wrote: I was emotional to @americus. When we got that stop on 4th to seal the game I just screamed and threw my arms straight into the air for like 3 minutes lol.  It felt like everything we had to sit through last year just got lifted off of me and was left way in the past.

It’s been a long time since I felt as confident about the Jags winning a game as I did about the Texans and the Titans. I’m just a nutty fan but everything that built up to the moment it just felt like it was finally our time.  Everything is about to be more fun as a Jags fan now. The seasons. The post-seasons. The off-season. The social media content we get. There is a window of opportunity now I’m not sure I’ve ever experienced as a Jags fan.

I definitely feel like the team, the organization as a whole and the fans finally have the proverbial monkey off our back now that we have have accomplished everything we have this season. All of the things I listed were weighing us all down and the wins against the tinhorns and tacks specifically were instrumental in setting us free from all of it.

Having Pederson come in and completely changing the culture that has been lingering for decades is huge. His winning the trust and respect of the players, especially the ones who were here for the [BLEEP] show last season, is more important than anything else because without that we don't have the men willing to sacrifice and be selfless on the field, during practice, in the gym, etc. 

If y'all haven't watched any of the pregame or post game stuff with Coach and the players I urge you to do so. These guys are seriously ALL IN in a way I have never seen before and you see it in the answers they give as well as on the field. This includes the Mic'd Up videos. It's like they're all each other's cheerleaders, biggest fans and biggest supporters. It really is fantastic. 

Maybe Dewey was instrumental in helping build this because we all know by now how much he loves the team and the game, and other players have mentioned him as being a big presence in the locker room and on the sidelines and field.

Dewey is the one player i think might take a team discount to come back and play for Doug and with these players.  He loves coach and would die for Doug.  I hope we are able to bring him back.  Hes also a really great leader and locker room guy.

(01-12-2023, 05:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-12-2023, 12:38 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I definitely feel like the team, the organization as a whole and the fans finally have the proverbial monkey off our back now that we have have accomplished everything we have this season. All of the things I listed were weighing us all down and the wins against the tinhorns and tacks specifically were instrumental in setting us free from all of it.

Dewey is the one player i think might take a team discount to come back and play for Doug and with these players.  He loves coach and would die for Doug.  I hope we are able to bring him back.  Hes also a really great leader and locker room guy.

Not trying to take a shot at the guy or anything, but a discount shouldn't be required for a backup safety.

It should be a league minimum deal. Or really damn near it. 
 They can't afford anything else and he's a role player, not a vital piece of the defense. 

Locker room and culture fit is great, but I really don't think that moves the needle much when negotiating salary. It may help get him an offer, but shouldn't bump his money above realistic compensation.

Want to hear what the players hear when the fans show up and do their part?

https://youtube.com/shorts/ZXm4O6DqVWM?feature=share

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2023, 09:33 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-14-2023, 09:22 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Want to hear what the players hear when the fans show up and do their part?

That's something.  A full stadium full of nothing but Jag fans.  What a night.  That was a high point in the history of this franchise.

(01-14-2023, 09:22 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Want to hear what the players hear when the fans show up and do their part?

I hope it's the same kind of energy this evening. Gonna be a cool evening and a bit smaller crowd. Team will feed off the energy of the fans.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

This

One

Is

Going

To

Be

Epic

(01-15-2023, 12:42 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: This

One

Is

Going

To

Be

Epic

I was coming here to say the same. Tuesday can't come fast enough.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2023, 02:11 AM by Thewitnessofsolinvictus.)

We gotta have some compassion or understanding towards players past and present who have substance issues. That's some dope right there.

They should break it up into 2 parts: 1st half released then 2nd half couple days later

(01-15-2023, 02:04 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-15-2023, 12:42 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: This

One

Is

Going

To

Be

Epic

I was coming here to say the same. Tuesday can't come fast enough.
Agreed, can't wait for this one

It's Here!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDckMpDzh-4

(01-17-2023, 08:15 PM)Eric1 Wrote: It's Here!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDckMpDzh-4
Let’s goooooooo

Great stuff.