Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
It seems that Biden had Classified Docs at a personal location.......

(01-16-2023, 10:25 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-16-2023, 10:06 PM)mikesez Wrote: Buried in this is Joe has kept closer tabs on Hunter's activities than he would like to admit.  The two were definitely in cahoots. 

Anyhow, in the Obama administration you definitely had a VP and an SoS playing fast and loose with these documents in ways that would easily land plebians like us in jail. 

And in the Trump administration, at least at the end of it, Trump did the same thing.  The President has certain duties he did not fulfill, and he can only change classification status using a procedure that he did not use.

We have two choices now.  We can say "I guess that's normal now, they have the public trust, so one set of rules for them and another for us" or, we can say "let's prosecute both of them." 

We can't prosecute one and not the other. 

And we better choose carefully, because this is the kind of choice we probably won't get to revisit for a few decades.

You saying it over and over again doesn't make it any less false.

Just food for thought, many high level executive branch officials have the power to change classification status, including the Vice President.  However, none of them can do so unilaterally, and there is always a paper trail when it is done.

In the case of both Biden and Trump, it is possible but not likely that the documents they had were declassified after being printed, and just never got their classified markings removed.  The investigators are able to search for and verify that paper trail, but it's unlikely the public would ever be looped in.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-17-2023, 09:36 PM)The Drifter Wrote: NBC correspondent caught on hot mic complaining Biden ignored classified doc question: 'Didn't say a word'
Biden refused to say whether he will commit to speaking to special counsel investigating classified documents

A hot mic moment caught NBC News White House correspondent Peter Alexander complaining about President Joe Biden's refusal to answer questions after reporters repeatedly asked him to address the classified documents from his time as vice president that were recently found in his possession.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/nbc-corres...didnt-word

Apparently this guy doesn’t understand his place and responsibilities as a MSM correspondent. I’m sure he’ll get a talking to from his boss about asking pertinent questions to Democrats.

(01-18-2023, 10:23 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-16-2023, 10:25 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You saying it over and over again doesn't make it any less false.

Just food for thought, many high level executive branch officials have the power to change classification status, including the Vice President.  However, none of them can do so unilaterally, and there is always a paper trail when it is done.

In the case of both Biden and Trump, it is possible but not likely that the documents they had were declassified after being printed, and just never got their classified markings removed.  The investigators are able to search for and verify that paper trail, but it's unlikely the public would ever be looped in.

That statement is your opinion and factually applies to everyone who serves under the penultimate classification authority. What litigation we have on this is pretty clear that the power to both classify and declassify resides in the Executive to execute at his/her desire without regard to any other restraint. Until we have litigation that says otherwise then Trump had the authority to do what he wanted however he wanted with classified documents. He could walk out to the podium at a press conference and read classified documents at will and be within his authority to do so. And, the most important part, regardless of what you or I think about this there is simply no absolute authoritative position on this because it's a novel legal concept and there's pretty much no precedent for it anywhere. So any position either of us takes is purely speculative, but, of course, I'm right.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2023, 07:00 PM by mikesez. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-18-2023, 12:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-18-2023, 10:23 AM)mikesez Wrote: Just food for thought, many high level executive branch officials have the power to change classification status, including the Vice President.  However, none of them can do so unilaterally, and there is always a paper trail when it is done.

That statement is your opinion and factually applies to everyone who serves under the penultimate classification authority. What litigation we have on this is pretty clear that the power to both classify and declassify resides in the Executive to execute at his/her desire without regard to any other restraint. Until we have litigation that says otherwise then Trump had the authority to do what he wanted however he wanted with classified documents. He could walk out to the podium at a press conference and read classified documents at will and be within his authority to do so. And, the most important part, regardless of what you or I think about this there is simply no absolute authoritative position on this because it's a novel legal concept and there's pretty much no precedent for it anywhere. So any position either of us takes is purely speculative, but, of course, I'm right.

The bolded is true.  It's true for Biden's situation as well as Trump's. The two situations are more similar than they are different and should get similar treatment. 

I don't care if neither is punished for mishandling classified documents.  I would rather that both be punished for it.  But the worst case is punish one without punishing the other.

(01-18-2023, 06:40 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-18-2023, 12:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: That statement is your opinion and factually applies to everyone who serves under the penultimate classification authority. What litigation we have on this is pretty clear that the power to both classify and declassify resides in the Executive to execute at his/her desire without regard to any other restraint. Until we have litigation that says otherwise then Trump had the authority to do what he wanted however he wanted with classified documents. He could walk out to the podium at a press conference and read classified documents at will and be within his authority to do so. And, the most important part, regardless of what you or I think about this there is simply no absolute authoritative position on this because it's a novel legal concept and there's pretty much no precedent for it anywhere. So any position either of us takes is purely speculative, but, of course, I'm right.

The bolded is true.  It's true for Biden's situation as well as Trump's. The two situations are more similar than they are different and should get similar treatment. 

I don't care if neither is punished.  I would rather that both be punished.  But the worst case is punish one without punishing the other.

There you go again.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-16-2023, 08:37 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(01-16-2023, 07:47 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Not sure why you would have to show proof of rent received from anyone, especially a family member, on a property you own, unless there was a signed contract involved.

Not a fan of any of the Biden's, but this seems to be a stretch.

Rental income is required to be reported and possibly pay taxes on. Biden did not report the rental income. The rent is more than 6x the expected rent, so he wouldn't have been able to write it off. Hunter also provided this claim on docs, so it was used for financial purposes.

*Depending on how much a family member is paying, it may not matter and won't get you in trouble but it should be reported. If they are covering expenses, part of utilities, etc. If it's kids or parents, then you probably aren't charging more than expenses or it's low enough to be reported as a gift or written off.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(01-16-2023, 06:37 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Am I the first one to question paying any amount of rent for a property you claim to own?
There's also that fact but I don't remember the exact dates. It will be interesting to see the paperwork of those sales from Biden to Hunter and back. I wonder if everything was done by the book and taxes all paid.

So, um, oops

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/20...-dc-not-h/
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

(01-21-2023, 04:47 AM)captivating Wrote: So, um, oops

So you are taking the blame Hunter route? It was the 2nd option I mentioned. Either Biden lied on his taxes or Hunter lied on the form.

Both of the options are crimes that they have tried to convict Trump but they have no proof. There is clear proof here for them.

The factcheck also has no proof and is just guessing. It's plausible that it was a lie on the form but then they try to explain it away like it doesn't matter.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

(01-21-2023, 06:06 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(01-21-2023, 04:47 AM)captivating Wrote: So, um, oops

So you are taking the blame Hunter route? It was the 2nd option I mentioned. Either Biden lied on his taxes or Hunter lied on the form.

Both of the options are crimes that they have tried to convict Trump but they have no proof. There is clear proof here for them.

The factcheck also has no proof and is just guessing. It's plausible that it was a lie on the form but then they try to explain it away like it doesn't matter.

So what form did Hunter lie on and what's the penalty from the IRS for incorrectly filling in that form?
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

(01-21-2023, 04:00 PM)captivating Wrote:
(01-21-2023, 06:06 AM)p_rushing Wrote: So you are taking the blame Hunter route? It was the 2nd option I mentioned. Either Biden lied on his taxes or Hunter lied on the form.

So what form did Hunter lie on and what's the penalty from the IRS for incorrectly filling in that form?
It should be some type of fine .... they are going after Trump for increasing/decreasing valuations. That is using the loopholes and done by every company. This form has him paying rent on a home .. depending on what the form was used for, that could tangible affect a lot of things as money spent on housing is usually exempt from a lot of legal proceedings.

(01-21-2023, 04:53 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(01-21-2023, 04:00 PM)captivating Wrote: So what form did Hunter lie on and what's the penalty from the IRS for incorrectly filling in that form?
It should be some type of fine .... they are going after Trump for increasing/decreasing valuations. That is using the loopholes and done by every company. This form has him paying rent on a home .. depending on what the form was used for, that could tangible affect a lot of things as money spent on housing is usually exempt from a lot of legal proceedings.

Who's going to issue the fine?  That's what I am asking you.  What has Hunter done wrong and on what form, and who is responsible for that form?
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

(sigh) More??

https://www.news4jax.com/news/politics/2...tification

(01-21-2023, 10:17 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: (sigh) More??

https://www.news4jax.com/news/politics/2...tification

https://twitter.com/amuse/status/1614060...c25qg&s=19

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(01-21-2023, 07:21 PM)captivating Wrote:
(01-21-2023, 04:53 PM)p_rushing Wrote: It should be some type of fine .... they are going after Trump for increasing/decreasing valuations. That is using the loopholes and done by every company. This form has him paying rent on a home .. depending on what the form was used for, that could tangible affect a lot of things as money spent on housing is usually exempt from a lot of legal proceedings.

Who's going to issue the fine?  That's what I am asking you.  What has Hunter done wrong and on what form, and who is responsible for that form?
I don't know what the form was used for but there was a reason the monthly rental was included.

We know he has cheated on taxes and faced millions in fines.

Now Mike Pence is getting in on the action. 

Classified documents at Pence's home, too, his lawyer says (news4jax.com)

(01-24-2023, 07:07 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Now Mike Pence is getting in on the action. 

Classified documents at Pence's home, too, his lawyer says (news4jax.com)

Gotta protect the DC establishment.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

I never did like Pence.. Kind of a phoney.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

All these idiots are the same. The point being our federal government is garbage and should be defunded, or at least substantially defunded. The faux outrage from both sides is exhausting, and the one sided outrage by major news outlets is also exhausting.

I was reading a blog where a guy says he was working with the coast guard in the 1970s and came across some classified info that he was allowed to see, it was within his job duties, and he applied for it to be declassified. It was about the coast guard's efforts to track rum runners. In the 1920s. 50 years prior. The application was denied.

(01-24-2023, 10:44 PM)mikesez Wrote: I was reading a blog where a guy says he was working with the coast guard in the 1970s and came across some classified info that he was allowed to see, it was within his job duties, and he applied for it to be declassified. It was about the coast guard's efforts to track rum runners. In the 1920s. 50 years prior. The application was denied.
Probably had things they used or strategies to track them ...... or had info about some protected people being involved.