Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lloyd & Muma

(10-22-2023, 03:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-22-2023, 01:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Such a stupid argument - I never said jack [BLEEP] about a lineman and no draft pick is "random" LOL  - I'm saying they could have taken a player from their board that ranked similarly to Miller but a position they actually need instead of adding a long shot to an already existing logjam of linebackers. 

It was a stupid use of that draft capital. Every fourth rounder is gonna be a crapshoot to be worth a [BLEEP] or not. May as well gamble on one that may actually help you this century.

Miller can absolutely help if he's a good LB.  We could have used him a couple weeks ago but he is injured.  You use your board and take the player you think will be the best that's left available

He would not see the field except special teams until 2026
Totally stupid pick 

You use your board to take  players that make your team better - preferably within two seasons of being selected

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-22-2023, 04:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-22-2023, 03:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Miller can absolutely help if he's a good LB.  We could have used him a couple weeks ago but he is injured.  You use your board and take the player you think will be the best that's left available

Totally stupid pick 

You use your board to take  players that make your team better - preferably within two seasons of being selected

He would of seen the field a couple weeks ago when Lloyd was out.  He absolutely makes this team better if healthy.

(10-22-2023, 04:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-22-2023, 04:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: He would not see the field except special teams until 2026
Totally stupid pick 

He would of seen the field a couple weeks ago when Lloyd was out.  He absolutely makes this team better if healthy.

Jeebus Xmas...

Are you saying they'd play Miller over Muma right now if he were healthy?? 

LOL

I'm just gonna go ahead and take this with a grain of salt. 

Let me ask you a serious question.
Do you know which foot Miller suffered the Jones fracture in at UF? Do you know which foot he know has a ruptured achilles tendon in? 
 I'd like to know if it's the same foot.

You take the best player and figure it out later. I have no problem with the Muma/Miller picks.

We run a 3-4. Have to have more than two good backers inside.

Lloyd would have 3 INTs the past 2 weeks without a cast on his hand
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(10-22-2023, 05:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-22-2023, 04:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He would of seen the field a couple weeks ago when Lloyd was out.  He absolutely makes this team better if healthy.

Jeebus Xmas...

Are you saying they'd play Miller over Muma right now if he were healthy?? 

LOL

I'm just gonna go ahead and take this with a grain of salt. 

Let me ask you a serious question.
Do you know which foot Miller suffered the Jones fracture in at UF? Do you know which foot he know has a ruptured achilles tendon in? 
 I'd like to know if it's the same foot.

I don't understand the Muma hate.. I'm not hyper focusing on his play but typically bad players stick out like a sore Tre Herndon thumb. Am I missing something?

(10-10-2023, 12:35 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Lloyd is not a rush backer though. He can blitz from time to time, but his game isn't set up to go against an OT for the majority of his snaps like he'd be asked to do at OLB. Not his skill set.

Muma doesn't look to be a liability, but the Defense is better with Lloyd. He makes more impact plays. Gets his hands on more balls due to his length etc.

I'll give myself a little pat on the back for this one  Cool

(10-23-2023, 08:45 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-10-2023, 12:35 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Lloyd is not a rush backer though. He can blitz from time to time, but his game isn't set up to go against an OT for the majority of his snaps like he'd be asked to do at OLB. Not his skill set.

Muma doesn't look to be a liability, but the Defense is better with Lloyd. He makes more impact plays. Gets his hands on more balls due to his length etc.

I'll give myself a little pat on the back for this one  Cool

I'll give you one too!  LOL

Amazing what a difference 12 months make.  Last year Muma was king and Lloyd was heavily criticized. Of course this year Lloyd wasn't injured during the off season and got to fully participate. Hmm could that be a bit of the difference?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2023, 09:14 PM by iHaunting Raven. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-22-2023, 03:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Miller can absolutely help if he's a good LB.  We could have used him a couple weeks ago but he is injured.  You use your board and take the player you think will be the best that's left available

Totally stupid pick 

[Image: giphy.gif]

If Baalke stays I expect another LB or RB at the top rounds again

Glad Lloyd has improved though
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(10-23-2023, 09:13 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(10-22-2023, 04:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: He would not see the field except special teams until 2026
Totally stupid pick 

[Image: giphy.gif]

If Baalke stays I expect another LB or RB at the top rounds again

Glad Lloyd has improved though

O line has to be first priority followed by pass rush

All depends on hunter tbh, if we get him that changes things IMO

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2023, 07:40 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

Totally stupid pick 

You seem to be very invested in your position, but I think you're going a little overboard.  Over the last two years, our head coach and general manager have a very good track record.  Two years ago we were the worst team in the league.  And now we're one of the best teams in the league.  So if we get into the fourth round of a draft and they say we want this guy, I give them the benefit of the doubt.  
Like I said, going ape [BLEEP] about a late fourth round pick when we're having the success we're having is just a bit much, don't you think?

(10-24-2023, 07:39 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
Totally stupid pick 

You seem to be very invested in your position, but I think you're going a little overboard.  Over the last two years, our head coach and general manager have a very good track record.  Two years ago we were the worst team in the league.  And now we're one of the best teams in the league.  So if we get into the fourth round of a draft and they say we want this guy, I give them the benefit of the doubt.  
Like I said, going ape [BLEEP] about a late fourth round pick when we're having the success we're having is just a bit much, don't you think?

In my opinion our Head coach has bailed our GM out by making more with less. I'm not sold on Baalke at all.
In Dougie I Trust!

(10-24-2023, 07:57 AM)Hurricane Wrote:
(10-24-2023, 07:39 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: You seem to be very invested in your position, but I think you're going a little overboard.  Over the last two years, our head coach and general manager have a very good track record.  Two years ago we were the worst team in the league.  And now we're one of the best teams in the league.  So if we get into the fourth round of a draft and they say we want this guy, I give them the benefit of the doubt.  

In my opinion our Head coach has bailed our GM out by making more with less. I'm not sold on Baalke at all.

Agreed. He's had a few things going well for him. Mostly his free agency signings. That's where he's honestly earned the majority of his paycheck. That's very scary and risky though, because, if you're not drafting well enough, you're leaving your future very bleak once these contracts begin to expire. 

He's failed in building the trenches. Period. The biggest decision that is going to continue to hover above his head is the choice to select Walker over Hutchinson. The other challenge is that he just had a massive amount of selections back in April, and, while it's early, that's going to be his next make or break for me. 

I think he'll survive at least one more year. Because the team is winning in spite of the lack of consistency and cohesion with the offensive and defensive lines. But, it'll be an interesting development moving forward once we get into the play-offs and the next two off-seasons.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-24-2023, 07:39 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
Totally stupid pick 

I'm confident in my opinion if that's what you are trying to say.

Invested? 

Not unless we're counting season tickets in 4th round pick evaluation.
I'm not.

Not going ape [BLEEP]
I clearly stated i'm not a baalke basher in general 

This was just really dumb 
Three other needs with a better chance of working with a 4th rounder according to the stats listed in this thread, and...

We select a player with almost zero conceivable opportunity to impact a game until his third year because we are stacked at the position 

It was dumb - whether I trust the current regime or not

(10-22-2023, 11:25 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

Every single team drafts for needs with most of their early picks. It's insane that ppl still haven't figured this out.

If you really wanna talk about a stupid waste of draft capital - Baalke and co. took yet ANOTHER LB in the fourth round this year.
So dumb.

I don't bag on Baalke much, but I despise that pick.

IIRC he had surgery in the offseason too, it was one of those headscratchers for sure. Hope he can cover kicks.

Yea that 4th round pick easily could have been used better. Our GM has a penchant for deals. some payoff (Walker Little) some don't. I expect him to do this with at least 1 pick each year. Also, Teebow loaned Ventril his compromising pics of Urban. Baalke was in the background. what you gonna do?
A new broom always sweeps clean.