Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is the Fix In?

(01-21-2023, 09:11 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Refs called a great game for the most part. Nothing that was game changing. I would have liked to see Lawrence get the same roughing call they gave Chad Henne, but I really didn't see anything too egregious. Good, clean win by the Chiefs.

Our D needed to make the proper adjustments and our offensive line needs to change next year.

They missed some holding calls against us and had a really bad spot but other than that it wasn't as bad as some of the other games. They missed a helmet to helmet against Trevor too. Well, #BecauseJaguars, but what can you do?
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yeah, that's the roughing call I was talking about. They really didn't call holding at all today, so I don't mind a few misses for both teams. We could nitpick, but it definitely looked fairly called game throughout.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2023, 09:19 PM by Eric1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-21-2023, 09:11 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Refs called a great game for the most part. Nothing that was game changing. I would have liked to see Lawrence get the same roughing call they gave Chad Henne, but I really didn't see anything too egregious. Good, clean win by the Chiefs.

Our D needed to make the proper adjustments and our offensive line needs to change next year.

They favored them just enough to give them the edge. Definitely gave them the calls. Plenty of other people noticed it as well, not just Jag fans.

The bogus roughing call, the obvious helmet to helmet non call and obvious blind side block non call were awful and came in big moments of the game.

They did get a 1st down anyway on the [BLEEP] roughing call so it didn't have a huge impact

(01-21-2023, 09:32 PM)wassy04 Wrote: They did get a 1st down anyway on the [BLEEP] roughing call so it didn't have a huge impact

It's still a free 15

Eh, I have been a jags fan forever, and this was about as good as I would have ever hoped for. Very few penalties, and only the roughing call didn't go both ways. The point is that we didn't have to "beat" the refs today. We just needed to beat the Chiefs, and we came up short.

The team that made fewer mistakes won the game. And with the rare exception, that's pretty much how NFL has been since the merge.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

(01-21-2023, 09:56 PM)captivating Wrote: The team that made fewer mistakes won the game.  And with the rare exception, that's pretty much how NFL has been since the merge.

Oh bless your heart.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

The tripping call was stupid.

Oh... forgot about that one. That was pretty egregious.

The favorable calls for KC were more situational. As were the no-calls.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

The calls that pissed me off were the roughing the passer calls. Ours was ticky tacky. The one they got away with? Blatant.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-21-2023, 09:56 PM)captivating Wrote: The team that made fewer mistakes won the game.  And with the rare exception, that's pretty much how NFL has been since the merge.

NO.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2023, 05:26 PM by JagsorDie. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-22-2023, 09:59 AM)H8tank Wrote: The tripping call was stupid.

Yeah what the [BLEEP] was he supposed to do? lay down as flat as possible after being trucked. He got dropped from a bull rush but didn’t intentionally stick his legs in the air. Your legs tend to go in the air when you weigh 300+ lbs and get put on your [BLEEP].

https://youtu.be/DJIIqf4onFU

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-22-2023, 05:08 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

NO.

Yelling doesn't make you correct.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

(01-22-2023, 09:59 AM)H8tank Wrote: The tripping call was stupid.

Little did his darnedest to mask it, but that was about unnatural of a "fall" as I've seen in a while.

I admit that I do not pay any attention to soccer or basketball, though.

(01-22-2023, 06:32 PM)captivating Wrote:
(01-22-2023, 05:08 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: NO.

Yelling doesn't make you correct.

Did that mean ole woman hurt your little feelings?

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Jags are jags. Refs are against us, but just gotta win anyway. It's hard to officiate a game so biased that the better team will just get dominated, you'll still be given chances to win the game and you have to capitalize. May not be fair that you get robbed 1 or 2 chances out of 4 to win, but it is what it is. Jags had two, arguably 3 chances to beat Kansas City, we failed all of them. It is what it is.

(01-23-2023, 07:34 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-22-2023, 06:32 PM)captivating Wrote: Yelling doesn't make you correct.

Did that mean ole woman hurt your little feelings?

Not sure how you came to that conclusion.  I'm not the one yelling.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1