Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is the Fix In?

(01-30-2023, 11:28 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-29-2023, 11:13 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I am not watching the Super Bowl.  No one else should watch it either,espaissley if you really belieave  its fixed.  Make it so NFL  loses money.

The shield already got their money. Networks paid billions for the rights to show the game on their channels.

The networks will be making their money back selling ad space for the broadcast. 

You boycott the game, and several millions more casual fans will tune in for this event than any other televised program that week, month, etc.

Happy Monday, anyone else thinking Arby's for lunch?

Dude, their Greek Gyro rocks..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-30-2023, 02:10 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-30-2023, 11:28 AM)Mikey Wrote: The shield already got their money. Networks paid billions for the rights to show the game on their channels.

The networks will be making their money back selling ad space for the broadcast. 

You boycott the game, and several millions more casual fans will tune in for this event than any other televised program that week, month, etc.

Happy Monday, anyone else thinking Arby's for lunch?

Dude, their Greek Gyro rocks..

I ended up with 2 classics and a mint chocolate shake.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-30-2023, 05:05 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-30-2023, 02:10 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Dude, their Greek Gyro rocks..

I ended up with 2 classics and a mint chocolate shake.

it is mandatory to order Jamocha shakes when succumbing to Arby's.

I am disappoint.

(01-31-2023, 12:43 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-30-2023, 05:05 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I ended up with 2 classics and a mint chocolate shake.

it is mandatory to order Jamocha shakes when succumbing to Arby's.

I am disappoint.

Negatron Ghost Rider, the Orange Dreamcicle is the penultimate followed by the lesser Mint Chocolate. Jamocha is near the bottom of the list.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-29-2023, 11:03 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Watching this KC, Cincy game the people who argue that the fix is in have a lot of ammunition.

It's easy to see that the NFL wants to make Mahomes the new Brady. Expect nonstop hype about:

-- Andy Reid's revenge on Iggles
-- two black QBs

Mahomes is an amazing talent w/a wholesome image, making him prime for hyping up. I'm a little sick of anyone the NFL hypes, though, so I'll go for the Iggles.

The NFL does its best to nudge outcomes that feature simple storylines, star QBs, and/or big markets. Thus, if the game was close, which it was, KC was going to be awarded some phantom calls. Cincy is a small market like Jax. KC is small, too, but much more of a storied/favored franchise, like the Packers and Steelers. I remember the Steelers-Seahawks Super Bowl. The Seahawks were up and had momentum, then all of a sudden phantom calls shifted the momentum. The Steelers had not been to the Super Bowl since the '70s, so evidently it was their time. Same with Jughead Manning's Super Bowl win against the Bears. The NFL desperately wanted to get wholesome image star QB Jughead a Super Bowl win.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

I guess I’m in the minority on the 3rd down re-do, but I don’t have a problem with it. If the one ref way in the back was coming forward to wave off the play and blew his whistle but no one heard it how do you let the play stand? A referee made a call prior to the snap. You can’t say oh well too late ref we snapped it. Im presuming that it would have also been re-done if the chiefs converted or had a big play as well. Many may not agree with that presumption I’m sure.

That said there were some bad calls like the apparent block in the back on the one return, but the “hold” that Prisco highlighted on Twitter I did not agree was a hold. At any rate, there are bad calls every game. Lord knows the Jags and Jag fans have gotten more than their share, but that is the nature of human officiating. You’re going to have failures in vision and sometimes internal biases influencing the decisions that are and are not made by officials until such time that everything is monitored by and decisions are made by unthinking and unfeeling algorithms and computers.

(01-31-2023, 02:38 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-31-2023, 12:43 PM)Mikey Wrote: it is mandatory to order Jamocha shakes when succumbing to Arby's.

I am disappoint.

Negatron Ghost Rider, the Orange Dreamcicle is the penultimate followed by the lesser Mint Chocolate. Jamocha is near the bottom of the list.

you stink at nihilism!

(01-31-2023, 04:15 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I guess I’m in the minority on the 3rd down re-do, but I don’t have a problem with it.  If the one ref way in the back was coming forward to wave off the play and blew his whistle but no one heard it how do you let the play stand?  A referee made a call prior to the snap.  You can’t say oh well too late ref we snapped it.  Im presuming that it would have also been re-done if the chiefs converted or had a big play as well.  Many may not agree with that presumption I’m sure.

That said there were some bad calls like the apparent block in the back on the one return, but the “hold” that Prisco highlighted on Twitter I did not agree was a hold.  At any rate, there are bad calls every game.  Lord knows the Jags and Jag fans have gotten more than their share, but that is the nature of human officiating.  You’re going to have failures in vision and sometimes internal biases influencing the decisions that are and are not made by officials until such time that everything is monitored by and decisions are made by unthinking and unfeeling algorithms and computers.

I mostly agree with this. I didn't think it was a real do over but disagreed with the way they explained it at the time. Sounded like an excuse for screwing up. I also think Mahomes has been getting the benefit of the Tom Brady effect. As long as the officiating stinks this bad people are going to be pissed off.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

KC maybe won't get home cooking phantom calls like they got in the AFC championship game, like the third down that actually happened but had to be re-done, Joe getting hit after he threw the ball when they were at their end of the field, and all the holding on the punt that gave KC their field position for the last field goal. Hopefully they won't get all the calls in the Super Bowl. I never thought Mahones would be able to give it a go given the high ankle sprain, but the showed he was the great QB in the championship game, but now I think Philadelphia will be too much for them, but don't sell Mahones out though!

I get why Philly is the favorite, but I just can’t envision Siriani or Hurts hoisting the Lombardi. And don’t interpret that as me saying they aren’t very good. I guess it’s more gut feeling than anything.

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2023, 09:26 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-01-2023, 11:33 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I get why Philly is the favorite, but I just can’t envision Siriani or Hurts hoisting the Lombardi.  And don’t interpret that as me saying they aren’t very good.  I guess it’s more gut feeling than anything.

Kansas City has the advantage. They've been there and done it already. Mahomes > Hurts. Reid > Siriani. Kelce > Goedert. This game can be won by the Eagles if they can just figure out a way to stop Kelce and Mahomes from connecting too often in this contest. 

They're going to have to impose their will on them offensively. Which they could do. They have a good offensive line, they have a good running scheme coupled with two dynamic and explosive receivers in Brown and Smith. I wouldn't rule them out completely.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-02-2023, 09:14 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-01-2023, 11:33 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I get why Philly is the favorite, but I just can’t envision Siriani or Hurts hoisting the Lombardi.  And don’t interpret that as me saying they aren’t very good.  I guess it’s more gut feeling than anything.

Kansas City has the advantage. They've been there and done it already. Mahomes > Hurts. Reid > Siriani. Kelce > Goedert. This game can be won by the Eagles if they can just figure out a way to stop Kelce and Mahomes from connecting too often in this contest. 

They're going to have to impose their will on them offensively. Which they could do. They have a good offensive line, they have a good running scheme coupled with two dynamic and explosive receivers in Brown and Smith. I wouldn't rule them out completely.

The having been there twice before is a big part of it for sure.  Easier for the inexperienced to get caught up in the hoopla I’d imagine.

(02-03-2023, 07:24 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(02-02-2023, 09:14 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Kansas City has the advantage. They've been there and done it already. Mahomes > Hurts. Reid > Siriani. Kelce > Goedert. This game can be won by the Eagles if they can just figure out a way to stop Kelce and Mahomes from connecting too often in this contest. 

The having been there twice before is a big part of it for sure.  Easier for the inexperienced to get caught up in the hoopla I’d imagine.
That, or, sometimes they call a philly special and gamble all game because they know it's possibly the one and only shot they will ever have at this.

I really like this match up man. I haven't been excited about a Superbowl game like this in awhile.

I think it'll come down to the wire but each team scores points offensively in their own unique ways.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-06-2023, 07:18 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/tae15adams/status/16...G7UEQEmHjg

Is there an English translation for that?

(02-06-2023, 09:02 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-06-2023, 07:18 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/tae15adams/status/16...G7UEQEmHjg

Is there an English translation for that?

"Gosh, the refs are cheating in the Pro Bowl too? Why am I always on the losing end of the fix?"

(02-06-2023, 09:05 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-06-2023, 09:02 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Is there an English translation for that?

"Gosh, the refs are cheating in the Pro Bowl too? Why am I always on the losing end of the fix?"

I just flash-backed "Airplane".  Is that bad?

(02-07-2023, 03:36 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(02-06-2023, 09:05 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: "Gosh, the refs are cheating in the Pro Bowl too? Why am I always on the losing end of the fix?"

I just flash-backed "Airplane".  Is that bad?

I also speak Jive.