Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
DJ First Mock

(02-24-2023, 09:20 AM)Caldrac Wrote: If Baalke slobers over measureables? I am curious how big his eyes are going to get when he sees Darnell Washington out of Georgia up close. For his size I expect him to put up similar numbers at the combine that Jelani Woods put up last year. He's also a better overall prospect.

If it comes down to a TE in the first I think Doug will get finale say on which TE he prefers for his offense.  I think Mayer will be the pick.  Hes like a Jason Witton imo.  Not a freak athlete but does everything at a high level.  There isn't any question the LG spot needs a huge upgrade and if the best G is still on the board when we pick I think they take Torrence.  Torrence had the size Doug and Baalke love not and they seen first hand we have to boost the interior

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-24-2023, 10:40 AM by Caldrac.)

(02-24-2023, 10:36 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-24-2023, 09:20 AM)Caldrac Wrote: If Baalke slobers over measureables? I am curious how big his eyes are going to get when he sees Darnell Washington out of Georgia up close. For his size I expect him to put up similar numbers at the combine that Jelani Woods put up last year. He's also a better overall prospect.

If it comes down to a TE in the first I think Doug will get finale say on which TE he prefers for his offense.  I think Mayer will be the pick.  Hes like a Jason Witton imo.  Not a freak athlete but does everything at a high level.  There isn't any question the LG spot needs a huge upgrade and if the best G is still on the board when we pick I think they take Torrence.  Torrence had the size Doug and Baalke love not and they seen first hand we have to boost the interior

This makes sense to me as well. Just interested to see what they do next month defensively though. If they can't resign Key or pull in a veteran like Justin Houston or Chandler Jones for a one year deal I could see them looking heavily at a viable edge rusher in RD1. 

The other player I would like to see them target is Patrick Peterson at CB. That would be my next big move. Getting a veteran edge rusher and cover corner would save this team the drama and anxiety of having to backfill these positions early in the draft where they could go full tilt on offense for Lawrence.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-24-2023, 10:39 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-24-2023, 10:36 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If it comes down to a TE in the first I think Doug will get finale say on which TE he prefers for his offense.  I think Mayer will be the pick.  Hes like a Jason Witton imo.  Not a freak athlete but does everything at a high level.  There isn't any question the LG spot needs a huge upgrade and if the best G is still on the board when we pick I think they take Torrence.  Torrence had the size Doug and Baalke love not and they seen first hand we have to boost the interior

This makes sense to me as well. Just interested to see what they do next month defensively though. If they can't resign Key or pull in a veteran like Justin Houston or Chandler Jones for a one year deal I could see them looking heavily at a viable edge rusher in RD1. 

The other player I would like to see them target is Patrick Peterson at CB. That would be my next big move. Getting a veteran edge rusher and cover corner would save this team the drama and anxiety of having to backfill these positions early in the draft where they could go full tilt on offense for Lawrence.

We could go edge or interior dline in the first.  RRH is on the last year of his deal and we need someone that can give us pressure up the middle.  I think they are counting on Walker to take the next step.  I could see us going after Brandon Graham, or Fletch Cox.  I'm sure Doug would love to reunite with some of his guys from Philly.  I could even see us going after them first and then Key.  If we resign Taylor though I doubt we bring in any of those new guys though.  Will likely just try to resign our own guys.  Not sure we will be able to afford Key if we sign Taylor and Engram to an extension.

(02-24-2023, 10:47 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-24-2023, 10:39 AM)Caldrac Wrote: This makes sense to me as well. Just interested to see what they do next month defensively though. If they can't resign Key or pull in a veteran like Justin Houston or Chandler Jones for a one year deal I could see them looking heavily at a viable edge rusher in RD1. 

We could go edge or interior dline in the first.  RRH is on the last year of his deal and we need someone that can give us pressure up the middle.  I think they are counting on Walker to take the next step.  I could see us going after Brandon Graham, or Fletch Cox.  I'm sure Doug would love to reunite with some of his guys from Philly.  I could even see us going after them first and then Key.  If we resign Taylor though I doubt we bring in any of those new guys though.  Will likely just try to resign our own guys.  Not sure we will be able to afford Key if we sign Taylor and Engram to an extension.

Those are good names as well to throw around. Philadelphia had three of the top eleven edge defenders last year per PFF. Graham was one of them. 

Just a lot to wait and see with I guess.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-27-2023, 08:45 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/a...3.amp.html

WR is one of our least needs imo but if Hyatt is their top guy then get him.  He's just like Jameson Williams last year, maybe even faster

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2023, 12:19 AM by Dimson. Edited 2 times in total.)

Did a couple of minor trades.

Clark Phillips III
CB Utah
JAX

Dalton Kincaid
TE Utah
trade icon
JAX

Luke Wypler
OC Ohio State
trade icon
JAX

Wanya Morris
OT Oklahoma
JAX

DeMarvion Overshown
LB Texas
JAX

Parker Washington
WR Penn State
trade icon
JAX

Tyjae Spears
RB Tulane
trade icon
JAX

Zacch Pickens
DT South Carolina
JAX

Xavier Henderson
S Michigan State
JAX
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Mel Kiper's latest mock came out today and he had Broderick Jones, Brian Branch and Calijah Kancey all available for the Jaguars. While he had the Jaguars selecting Lukas Van Ness, I'd love it if the Jags could land any of these other 3 players. Kiper dropped Kancey from his initial mock when he was selected 10th.

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2023, 02:40 AM by Dimson. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-28-2023, 01:46 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Mel Kiper's latest mock came out today and he had Broderick Jones, Brian Branch and Calijah Kancey all available for the Jaguars. While he had the Jaguars selecting Lukas Van Ness, I'd love it if the Jags could land any of these other 3 players. Kiper dropped Kancey from his initial mock when he was selected 10th.

Of those 4, I like Kancey the most. I just don't think he will pass the measurement test for Balke.

Pretty much a dream draft
Antonio Johnson
S Texas A&M

Darnell Wright
OT Tennessee
trade

Steve Avila
OG TCU

Sam LaPorta
TE Iowa

Parker Washington
WR Penn State

Kendre Miller
RB TCU
trade icon
JAX

Zacch Pickens
DT South Carolina

Brock Martin
EDGE Oklahoma State

Moro Ojomo
DT Texas

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2023, 03:32 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-14-2023, 12:51 PM)Dimson Wrote: Pretty much a dream draft
Antonio Johnson
S Texas A&M

Darnell Wright
OT Tennessee
trade

Steve Avila
OG TCU

Sam LaPorta
TE Iowa

Parker Washington
WR Penn State

Kendre Miller
RB TCU
trade icon
JAX

Zacch Pickens
DT South Carolina

Brock Martin
EDGE Oklahoma State

Moro Ojomo
DT Texas

Disgustingly good draft here. I would [BLEEP] my pants if LaPorta was there in RD4. Kendre Miller is a great choice there at RB. Had a really, really good year for TCU. Those last three picks offer plenty of upside and great depth for the next few years. 

The first three selections are top notch. I don't see how anybody could complain about a big safety with range and with two starters clearly added there at OG and RT with Wright and Avila. Parker Washington is also a local prospect here as well if I am not mistaken with plenty of upside. 

Good job man!