Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Official Game Day Thread - Divisional Round - Jaguars @ chefs ***

(01-21-2023, 09:39 AM)heywally Wrote: Have been watching the NFL since 1960 and frankly, based on the season, the setup for this game has K.C. blowout written all over it, in spite of the miracle Jag comebacks.

There must be a TON of NFL bets (guaranteed long term losing activity) with K.C. paired up with something else (tough to find) at -3, in a teaser.

One thing for "sure", the Jags need to find out how to do ball security in this game. The thing they have going for them is "pressure" on K.C because they are expected to win easily and the Jags have nothing to lose.

Ramping up the running game successfully would be a huge plus; move the ball and keep the K.C. offense off of the field. Throw a few bombs because nothing but dink passes will not work here.

GL to the Jags. Ball security.

I've seen teams with a bye week sometimes come out flat, so this might offset the emotional toll of the comeback wins the last couple of weeks. But KC is really talented in terms of offensive fire power. For the Jags to stay in this, they'll need long, clock eating drives that produce points. Keep Mahomes off the field as much as possible. The weather won't be ideal either so that may end up being a factor too. Keep it close and anything can happen in the fourth quarter.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-21-2023, 09:50 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(01-21-2023, 09:39 AM)heywally Wrote: Have been watching the NFL since 1960 and frankly, based on the season, the setup for this game has K.C. blowout written all over it, in spite of the miracle Jag comebacks.

There must be a TON of NFL bets (guaranteed long term losing activity) with K.C. paired up with something else (tough to find) at -3, in a teaser.

One thing for "sure", the Jags need to find out how to do ball security in this game. The thing they have going for them is "pressure" on K.C because they are expected to win easily and the Jags have nothing to lose.

Ramping up the running game successfully would be a huge plus; move the ball and keep the K.C. offense off of the field. Throw a few bombs because nothing but dink passes will not work here.

I've seen teams with a bye week sometimes come out flat, so this might offset the emotional toll of the comeback wins the last couple of weeks. But KC is really talented in terms of offensive fire power. For the Jags to stay in this, they'll need long, clock eating drives that produce points. Keep Mahomes off the field as much as possible. The weather won't be ideal either so that may end up being a factor too. Keep it close and anything can happen in the fourth quarter.
I agree that some teams do come out flat but I think Andy Reid is something like 28-4 after a BYE week. Something crazy.

Anything is possible!

(01-21-2023, 09:52 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-21-2023, 09:50 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: I've seen teams with a bye week sometimes come out flat, so this might offset the emotional toll of the comeback wins the last couple of weeks. But KC is really talented in terms of offensive fire power. For the Jags to stay in this, they'll need long, clock eating drives that produce points. Keep Mahomes off the field as much as possible. The weather won't be ideal either so that may end up being a factor too. Keep it close and anything can happen in the fourth quarter.
I agree that some teams do come out flat but I think Andy Reid is something like 28-4 after a BYE week. Something crazy.

Anything is possible!

Teams were 0-26 with a -5 turnover differential and we still won.

Anything is possible (though luck does eventually run out).

DUUU FREAKING VAL

Even though we werent good in the 2 bad weather games this year i think the familiarity with playing in the 2 rainy games this year will help out for the bad weather today. It wont be something new to them as they have already been in a few bad weather games. Hopefully the rain will be the Chiefs achilles heel

https://twitter.com/colefartleyy/status/...cvEp01MiDA
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(01-21-2023, 06:11 AM)NH3 Wrote: Today's game is going to be Seriously Nerve Wrecking for me to say the least. Last week I Damn Near gave Birth during the game. Those labor pains were intense. Unfortunately, I expect more intensity today and I still hav'nt came up/w a name for the new born to be.

I know that our team is going to lay it on the line to honor our/their wishes. All I'm honestly asking for is No Turnovers and that everyone remains healthy while letting the game play out. The final result will be determined on the field of play.

Time Will Tell.

"It Was Always The Jags" (Patented)

Duuuuuuuuuuvalllllll...

NH3...

I got a good chuckle out of that. Hopefully today will be less intense and we can all just chill and enjoy the game.

Who am I kidding?! We're all gonna be in that posture until the clock shows 0:00. LOL

I feel good about this game the same as I did last week against the Bolts. In a butt puckering, I could puke my brains out at anytime, nervous kind of way. But I knew we would win last week. I had confidence then, and I do today. The Chefs are good but they are not untouchable.

I believe
#itwasalwaysthejags

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2023, 11:31 AM by americus 2.0. Edited 1 time in total.)

Jag Freaking Nation in the house. And Shad Khan is golden. Evidently the team opened up a tab at this joint.

https://twitter.com/RyanRosenblatt/statu...3076192258

[BLEEP] the chefs and their fans!!

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2023, 11:59 AM by Ronster.)

https://twitter.com/nfltotalaccess/statu...cvEp01MiDA

[Image: Fm8udUrX0AI4lKI?format=jpg&name=large]
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

[BLEEP] the sheffs

spell check for the thread title? Steal the show Jags!

(01-21-2023, 09:50 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:

True. 

The difficulty in doing long drives is how to achieve them without being so predictable with the short game that you can’t actually move the ball. In this game, I’d try and deviate at least a bit from what shows up on the game film the Chiefs are watching.

Good luck today. I hope to see the jags knock patches and the chefs out of the playoffs.
[Image: incredulous.gif]

White jerseys and black trews for this one apparently ... 

Doug Pederson so far ahead of the game he had Trevor practicing throwing to white jerseys last saturday ... What a plan, what a man ... That's plates in the air coaching people!

Now git out theer an git tore intil em boys!!

Had a tuna sub for brunch. We're winning.

Repping my all black #41 Allen jeresy again today.. Keep the hype going!!

Hopefully Trevor is ready for the rain/snow.

Running the ball would be great if they can do that.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(01-21-2023, 02:02 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Hopefully Trevor is ready for the rain/snow.

Running the ball would be great if they can do that.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

We coming out slinging regardless.

Anyone out in KC with a weather update?