Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
With the 24th pick, the Jaguars are on the clock!

Normally we are discussing the draft in early November but this was a fun ride of a season. The Jags will pick 24th this year. It feels so bizarre because the team normally is picking near the top of the draft. The team needs help on both offensive/defensive lines. If Baalke can trade out of the first and get more firepower it may benefit the team more. The team is also tight on the cap so do not see any big splashes in free agency. Can we cut Scheriff without a massive cap hit? The draft is only a few months away.

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2023/01...023-order/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I want one of those BIG TEs coming out. Or give me a CB, super deep class this year for CBS.

O LINE

O LINE

O LINE

O LINE

We’re good at TE

DT/NT, G, S, TE

(01-21-2023, 10:13 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: We’re good at TE

we need a 6’7’’ TE. All teams seem to have one these days. We need some bigger bodies on offense

Trevor needs a prototypical TE. Mike Mayer if he is still there?

Guard, Center, or bust.
Trevor needs less dudes in his face when he passes, and he needs a more credible running threat so he doesn't have to pass 50x per game.
Anything else is a luxury.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2023, 10:20 PM by OG-JAGFAN.)

I personally thing we need interior offensive line help as a top priority. Scheriff is well overpaid and under performed. The center is a rookie and of course having some mental errors. Lawrence has rushers running free far too often. Lawrence got smoked a handful of times vs KC with next to no time.

(01-21-2023, 10:19 PM)mikesez Wrote: Guard, Center, or bust.
Trevor needs less dudes in his face when he passes, and he needs a more credible running threat so he doesn't have to pass 50x per game.

Exactly. KC defensive line ate today.

Torrence is my guy there at Guard. If not him, I am leaning towards Mayer, Kincaid or Washington at Tight End to compliment Engram who is hopefully tagged.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-21-2023, 10:22 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Torrence is my guy there at Guard. If not him, I am leaning towards Mayer, Kincaid or Washington at Tight End to compliment Engram who is hopefully tagged.

If we can't get Engram to a deal and he is not tagged they should fire Baalke on the spot.  He had over 70 catches this year.

(01-21-2023, 10:19 PM)mikesez Wrote: Guard, Center, or bust.

We ran well, we were just behind on possessional leverage.  

That said I think Guard is a possibility @ 24.  I think CB is possible, but they may wait a year.  I actually think it has to be someone in that defensive front seven.  We're loosing Smoot and key, I think chaisson gets lost to the cap and we don't have an interior lineman that gets to the passer.  I think It'll be someone to get after the qb.  

Also, watch for them to trade out.  This team has a LT, Cambells a # 1 corner, Allen and Walker play both end/olb spots.  Qbs taken care of for the next 10 to 15.  We don't really have a singular premium need, we will have multiple holes at non premium positions.  That scream quantity over quality when acquiring raw draft capital.

Hopefully Engram is back. Still need that big 6’6 250ish guy however.

Gotta think guard and tight end

Give me the best guard on the board to play left guard.

No more spending 1st Rd picks on the D-line. Those never pan out historically, it's like a curse or something with this team. O-line, TE, or Secondary

It's so much more difficult to predict when picking so late, as a jags fan it's very rare. I'd like to think we'd go for a Guard in that scenario, tight end would be redundant as hell..

If you want to go defense, cb to help out. Playmaker. I also think guard help on online. This team is not far away with a good draft and keeping the right players.

Tight end in the first would be a bad move imo. Get a guard or a corner.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2023, 01:07 AM by TheDuke007. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-21-2023, 10:22 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Torrence is my guy there at Guard. If not him, I am leaning towards Mayer, Kincaid or Washington at Tight End to compliment Engram who is hopefully tagged.

I find it highly unlikely that Engram plays under the franchise tag.  Where are they going to find the cap space?  I think they resign him to a multi-year deal, but if not, he is let go.  If Engram is back, they are not going tight end in the first round.

(01-21-2023, 10:13 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: We’re good at TE

Good at TE???..

You do realize Luke Farrell is the only active TE that's currently under contract right..