Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
With the 24th pick, the Jaguars are on the clock!

(01-22-2023, 01:31 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-21-2023, 10:13 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: We’re good at TE

Good at TE???..

You do realize Luke Farrell is the only active TE that's currently under contract right..

I believe they will find a way to keep Engram. He’s earned it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2023, 01:48 AM by Jaguar Warrior. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-21-2023, 10:44 PM)jaglyn Wrote: No more spending 1st Rd picks on the D-line. Those never pan out historically, it's like a curse or something with this team. O-line, TE, or Secondary
Defensive End never pans out. We've had some banger DTs. Stroud, Henderson, I think Pot Roast was a draft pick.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2023, 02:22 AM by Eric1.)

(01-22-2023, 01:47 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(01-22-2023, 01:31 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Good at TE???..

You do realize Luke Farrell is the only active TE that's currently under contract right..

I believe they will find a way to keep Engram. He’s earned it.

Even if they re-sign Engram, they still have to add two more TEs.

(01-22-2023, 01:48 AM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote:
(01-21-2023, 10:44 PM)jaglyn Wrote: No more spending 1st Rd picks on the D-line. Those never pan out historically, it's like a curse or something with this team. O-line, TE, or Secondary
Defensive End never pans out. We've had some banger DTs. Stroud, Henderson, I think Pot Roast was a draft pick.

Pot Roast was a 3rd round pick

(01-22-2023, 01:31 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-21-2023, 10:13 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: We’re good at TE

Good at TE???..

I think this team would be moronic to let Engram walk and hope to god a rookie can match his production. A first round pick on a TE is almost as stupid as a first round pick on a RB, the only way it makes any sense is if a guy was coming out was absurdly talented like Kyle Pitts was and he fell to 24. 

There is only 1 TE in this league i'd take for a 1st round pick and that's Travis Kelce... we're not finding Travis Kelce at 24 in this draft.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2023, 04:43 AM by Jag88.)

Have to try to resign Ingram back and why not try to keep Arnold who kind of got lost in the mix but is pretty good?

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2023, 04:57 AM by Kane.)

Bruh I've barely even paid attention to draft prospects lol

(01-22-2023, 04:24 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-22-2023, 01:31 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Good at TE???..

I think this team would be moronic to let Engram walk and hope to god a rookie can match his production. A first round pick on a TE is almost as stupid as a first round pick on a RB, the only way it makes any sense is if a guy was coming out was absurdly talented like Kyle Pitts was and he fell to 24. 

There is only 1 TE in this league i'd take for a 1st round pick and that's Travis Kelce... we're not finding Travis Kelce at 24 in this draft.

No kittle?

Given the amount of draft capital and money we have tied up on the defence, (second most in the nfl), I absolutely do not want to go dline in the first round.
All focus should be on helping Trevor. Either the best guard on the board or Mayer the TE. There’s no way they let Engram go, but we need another TE aswell.
The only caveat to this is for some reason someone you have insanely high up on the board is available

It's safe to say that the Jaguars will NOT be taking a quarterback, running back, wide receiver or safety in the top 3 rounds unless they let Jenkins go. That leaves interior offensive line, pass rusher and cornerback/nickel as the most likely targets with nose tackle slightly behind.Things will change once the team decides whom not to re-sign for the 2023 season. I believe the Jaguars will approach this draft with following plan:

Rounds 1 and 2:  An Edge rusher to replace Walker- who moves to defensive end and an interior lineman to replace Bartch/Shatley as a starter. The Edge rusher class is much deeper than guard, so Torrence would be the pick in round 1, if available and it's likely that they could then get a good Edge in round 2. Jeremiah had 8 Edge rushers going in round 1 which shows how strong this group is.

Rounds 3 and 4: The Jaguars have 3 total picks in these rounds and I'd expect one of them to be a corner/nickel and another to be a defensive lineman/nose tackle.

Tight end and offensive tackle will also likely be addressed at some point to provide more depth at these positions. Engram is likely to be re-signed but they will be losing at least a few current back-ups at this position and I see no way they keep Taylor despite having his best season by far. Of course, there is a possibility that a player they really like drops to a spot in which they can't pass up the value. I have 3 players that would fall into this category:

Broderick Jones: Georgia's offensive tackle should go in top 20, but he'd be hard to pass on at 24 since he could play a year at guard before replacing Cam Robinson at tackle in 2024.

Luke Musgrave: I'd likely select him in round 2. He and Engram would be very hard for defenses to contend with. He is also a good blocker in addition to being an excellent receiver.

Devon Witherspoon: Love his skill-set at corner/nickel and would be a huge upgrade if available at pick 24.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2023, 05:43 AM by cat bells. Edited 1 time in total.)

Chrisjagboy ... It's unlikely i'd agree ... But the Chiefs found him at #63 in the 3rd round so why not. Let's hope the scouting team can nail a few. 

If we found any player equally as impactful as Kelce at just about any position at #24 is take him and not look back. First three rounds just keep improving your lineup.

I like the idea of adding interior o line or just great o line in general …. A great pass rusher … or a really good CB with our top two picks… but I have no idea who is actually going to be available with us picking this late .. and certainly don’t want to force one of these picks on one of said positions if the value isn’t there for them to be day one difference makers … which should still be our aim with 24th overall.

I am admittedly not familiar even in the slightest with this draft class though.

OG, TE, DT, and a nickel corner that can match up on Kelce. We will be seeing the chiefs a lot in the next few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]

(01-22-2023, 08:09 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: OG, TE, DT, and a nickel corner that can match up on Kelce. We will be seeing the chiefs a lot in the next few years.

Kelce will be 34 in October. We need more firepower and strength on offense. For those saying 'TaKiNg A tE aT 24 iS dUmB" crowd.

Yeahhh, okay. If a guy like Mayer is there? You take him. Especially if you tag Engram and resign him after clearing cap space.

Having two viable receiving threats at that position in this offense could change A LOT up. It wouldn't hurt me if they took him.

If they went Guard first, Tight End second and Defensive Tackle third? I think the best case scenario would be Torrence, Washington or Kincaid and Dexter.

The TE crowd in RD1 though. Mayer is projected to be a top 20 - 25 pick by most analysts so its not a bad pick. Especially for an offense with a coach and QB that will use him.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

This is aimed at the belief, or approach, rather than a specific player: I'd like to see the FO draft offense early and often- keep the expensive side of the ball young, on rookie and 2nd contracts amap. Use the 1st round to access talent at expensive, premium positions- no more project lb/des and rbs.

Secondofly, Baalke's gonna have to learn to get it right later in the rounds rather than earlier from here on out.

(01-22-2023, 08:57 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-22-2023, 08:09 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: OG, TE, DT, and a nickel corner that can match up on Kelce. We will be seeing the chiefs a lot in the next few years.

Kelce will be 34 in October. We need more firepower and strength on offense. For those saying 'TaKiNg A tE aT 24 iS dUmB" crowd.

Yeahhh, okay. If a guy like Mayer is there? You take him. Especially if you tag Engram and resign him after clearing cap space.

Having two viable receiving threats at that position in this offense could change A LOT up. It wouldn't hurt me if they took him.

If they went Guard first, Tight End second and Defensive Tackle third? I think the best case scenario would be Torrence, Washington or Kincaid and Dexter.

The TE crowd in RD1 though. Mayer is projected to be a top 20 - 25 pick by most analysts so its not a bad pick. Especially for an offense with a coach and QB that will use him.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

I normally agree with you, but if we do anything other than draft an interior guard (assuming we're not reaching), I will be livid. Trevor, with time, is one of the most dangerous QBs in the league.

(01-22-2023, 01:48 AM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote:

Uh...

I think you meant Pork Chop, bud

(01-22-2023, 05:06 AM)Ordar Wrote: Given the amount of draft capital and money we have tied up on the defence, (second most in the nfl)

On it's face, without looking it up, I believe that. That's gotta change,  imo. I say get it out of the way sooner rather than later.This organization has gone that route before and by God it doesn't end well. Or end quick.

I dont understand why some say we shouldnt look at defensive line in the first round since we have already invested a lot of capital there of late (whether it be draft picks or free agents). Unless you fully believe Travon will develop into a top pass rusher (and I'm not sure why anyone would think that based on his first year), rushing the passer continues to be our biggest need. Yes we have put in effort and money to find one but you don't always hit on every draft pick or every free agent signing. It is a critical need at arguably the 2nd most important position in football. If there is a guy we think could become a really good pass rusher sitting there at the end of the first round you take him. That trumps all other potential needs whether it be a guard or tight end or nickel or whatever.

(01-22-2023, 10:50 AM)carp8dm Wrote:
(01-22-2023, 01:48 AM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Defensive End never pans out. We've had some banger DTs. Stroud, Henderson, I think Pot Roast was a draft pick.

Uh...

I think you meant Pork Chop, bud

Who the [BLEEP] is pork chop?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2023, 03:10 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

In an ideal world, the best player available at pick 25 would be a CB, OG, or DT.  Of course, a lot would depend on which of our 2022 players, who are going into free agency, we can re-sign. 

But I don't want to waste a first round pick on a guy who belongs in the 2nd round, just because he fits a position of need.

I don't believe in curses, and I don't think that because draft picks have failed in the past, we should never draft that position in the first round again.  Heck, if we followed that rule, we wouldn't have any positions we could draft.  If we followed that rule, we wouldn't have drafted Trevor Lawrence.

We pick 25th