Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jamal Agnew

Personally, I would try restructuring RRH, Jenkins and Agnew. Maybe even Cam to help with the cap. Griffin, as much as I like him as a person, must be llet go or traded. Chaisson, trade if possible but doubt there would be many takers. Jawaan? We could try to negotiate a deal with Little looming in the background as leverage, otherwise let him walk. We have too gig a need to resign Engram. For more help on the cap restructure Kirk and Zay too. In addition to Engram we need to resign Key and, believe it or not Wiongard. I truly believe everyone I mentioned really, really wants to be here but it is a business at the end of the day. We have quite a few needs for a team that went to the Divisional Round so free agency, the draft and keeping the right players are critical and will be Baalke's biggest test yet. Restructiuring gurus do wonders at this time of the year and it is time for ours to step up and hit some out of the park.

The bottom line is : we have our QB and we have the right coach so now we must continue to build around them.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

To the poster who said let Agnew walk because he will cost $6M. Agnew holds the record for longest return in nfl history, he gained over 1,000 all purpose yards, scored 4 TDs even tho he isn’t a starting WR, caught a game-tying TD against Baltimore while catching 5 balls for 37 yards, put up 52 yards rushing on 3 carries against Dallas in a must-win game, caught 2 TD passes in the game against Philly and caught 4 balls for 50 yards. He also added a 2 point conversion in the Lions game.

In the division title game against Tennessee, the biggest game of the season, Agnew posted 125 kick return yards, 33 punt return yards, and 1 reception on offense for 8 yards.

Agnew’s last 3 games on kickoff return:

AFC South Title Game - 125 yards on 4 returns
Wildcard Weekend - 134 yards on 4 returns
Divisional Round - 131 yards on 3 returns

He also registered 1 reception in all 3 of those games. Agnew also registered atleast 1 reception on offense in every game except for 3 games and in 2 of those 3 games he gave the offense atleast 1 rush. He had 3 receiving TDs on just 23 receptions! Swagnew also had 9 games this season with 100%catch rate.

If we take a look at his 2021 season, he stepped in and gave the Jaguars 2 starts on offense. He had 5 games with atleast 3 receptions. In the win against Miami he had 5 catches for 78 yards with 55 kickoff return yards.

Look what he did against Indy in 2021:

Rushing yards - 79 (on 3 attempts)
Kickoff return - 101
Punt return - 30
Touchdowns - 1

In 2021 in weeks 6,7,8 he had 3 games in a row where he had atleast 5 receptions and 1 receiving TD. In those 3 games he also put 126 yards on kickoff return.

In the 2021 Arizona game:

Receptions - 0
Rush yards - 0
Kickoff returns yards - 18 yards
Punt return yards - 10
Touchdowns - 1 (109 FG miss return for TD) he also scored the TD as the clock hit 0:00 in the first half when the score was tied 7-7. After Agnew scored the Jaguars took the lead 14-7. I point that out because that’s a game altering play and a play that he made in which the team took the lead at a crucial part in the ball game.

In weeks 4 through 10 of the 2021 season:

Receptions - 24
Receiving yards - 229
Rushing yards - 111 on 7 attempts for a 15.86 ypc
Rushing TD - 1
Receiving TD - 1
Return TD - 2 (including the FG miss/return)
Total Touchdowns - 4

He put up 939 all purpose yards in 10 games, which he would have been on pace for about 1600 all purpose yards before he missed the final 7 games of the season with the injury.

Agnew suited up for 10 games 2021 Total Yards:
*6 games with 100+total yards
*missed 7 games due to injury

Denver - 122 yards, 1 TD
Arizona - 137 yards, 1 TD
Tennessee - 134 yards
Seattle - 123 yards, 1 TD
Indy - 210 yards, 1 TD
Miami - 133 yards
49ers - 71 yards
Cincy - 65 yards
Buffalo - 52 yards

That’s producing…

Total yards in 2021 = 1,048 *includes 109 yd fg return
Total yards in 2022 = 1,025

I hate getting into the numbers because teams find ways to keep who they want. Agnew’s base salary for 2023 is $4.2M, and based on his production he’s worth it. If Trent can’t scrounge up $4 racks, he needs to clean out his desk and leave the building. Hell Bryan Anger will make 2.2M in base in 2023 and he provides 0 touchdowns, 0 receptions, 0 rushing yards, 0 ypc, 0 all purpose yards, in my Stuart Scott voice - zero…..everything, and he will make 2.2 next season. Trent better do what he’s gotta do.

(01-24-2023, 11:22 AM)carp8dm Wrote:
(01-23-2023, 07:43 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Griffin and Chaisson seem to be "no-brainer" cuts. RRH and Jenkins are tougher calls to make. RRH was very valuable down the stretch while Jenkins made some game-changing plays. However, both were inconsistent and cutting them would save a lot of money, as you indicated.

I've already stated my opinion that Agnew is not worth his cap hit, but should be re-structured like you indicated. I took a lot of heat for even suggesting that he was not worth the salary cap hit for next season. Based on the passion of these criticisms, I wondered whether Jamal's family members were using aliases to make their feelings known Smile

This actually made me chuckle...  In another conversation I had, someone mentioned Jamal as "Jag-new", and that really hit home.  Dude just feels like a Jag, like a little brother of mine.  I'd hate to lose him.  Same with a guy like Wingard.  Wingard is that idiot step brother you're forced to hang out with and then eventually realize he's your best friend.

Guys like that, you just want on your team...
Glad it gave you a "chuckle." Those who utilize this excellent sight have at least two things in common- we are big fans of the Jaguars (the vast majority of us) and we are here to be entertained. I agree with you that it's great to have guys like "Dewey" and Agnew on the team.

He also goes by Swagnew

(01-24-2023, 04:46 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: He also goes by Swagnew

Should be Jagnew if he really cared about Duval.

@@

(01-25-2023, 09:44 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-24-2023, 04:46 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: He also goes by Swagnew

Should be Jagnew if he really cared about Duval.

@@

That’s a good one. I like that.

Agnew is a beast, isn't the best as a WR but he is money as a Runner and Special Teams and getting an edge on ST is key in the game now especially since how they want to get rid of kickoffs more and more it seems.

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2023, 12:16 AM by StrayaJag.)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxBm4HaPJXU

Now imagine that commentary in the Chargers game

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2023, 02:22 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

Def worth his salary as a punt/kick returner. He adds yards that the offense wont need to. However, hes going to get less chances as a KO returner as more teams just kick away from him or kick touchbacks. So then, he'll have to make up those yards as a WR / runner. Can he do that? He showed flashes, but in general was just average. Had some drops, some fumbles. Goes down pretty easily on initial contact. And there will be fewer opportunites with Ridley in the lineup. So I dont know. Just glad i dont have to decide.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(01-25-2023, 12:44 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(01-25-2023, 09:44 AM)Mikey Wrote: Should be Jagnew if he really cared about Duval.

@@

That’s a good one. I like that.

I only got good ones, man.

(or at least those are the only ones I post) Wink

(01-26-2023, 02:22 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Def worth his salary as a punt/kick returner. He adds yards that the offense wont need to. However, hes going to get less chances as a KO returner as more teams just kick away from him or kick touchbacks.  So then, he'll have to make up those yards as a WR / runner.  Can he do that? He showed flashes, but in general was just average. Had some drops, some fumbles.  Goes down pretty easily on initial contact. And there will be fewer opportunites with Ridley in the lineup. So I dont know. Just glad i dont have to decide.

Teams have known hes a massive threat in the return game for years now and he still gets plenty opportunities to return it. I don't really see that changing much next year, or it would have already happened. Especially since he isn't afraid to take one out that's deep into the end zone either.

They'll basically be swapping Marvin Jones (free agent) out for Ridley next year. Agnew will still have the same opportunities in the Offense, maybe even more since Doug and Co. will have a full year of tape to go back on now (in their offense) and likely scheme up a few more things for him.