Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jamal Agnew

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2023, 03:46 PM by RicoTx. Edited 2 times in total.)

It was a fumble and he knew it was a fumble.

Never mind the fact that they review all turnovers automatically.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-22-2023, 03:23 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I’ve watched the fumble about 10 times now, I just don’t see how the refs could call that a fumble in a playoff game when the Jaguars are about to mount another comeback. I don’t think he ever had possession. He made a football move but never possessed the football. He was also getting tackled at the same time.

I think this play will go alongside the Myles Jack wasn’t down play.

He got two feet down, with possession and made a turn...

This wasn't a MJWD type play.  

I appreciate your fandom.  And last night I was pretty pissed off about it as well.  But the call was the call.  It was Boom-Boom, quick and the decision was made.  I don't think it was as big a travesty as you think it was.

(01-22-2023, 03:23 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I’ve watched the fumble about 10 times now, I just don’t see how the refs could call that a fumble in a playoff game when the Jaguars are about to mount another comeback. I don’t think he ever had possession. He made a football move but never possessed the football. He was also getting tackled at the same time.

Buddy. If it was the Chiefs who made that play, you would 100000% say it was a fumble.

It sucks but it was a fumble.

And don’t equate that play to the Myles Jack play. Don’t do that.

(01-22-2023, 03:44 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Buddy. If it was the Chiefs who made that play, you would 100000% say it was a fumble.

Exactly.

The Myles Jack play was a travesty of justice.  And the Football Gods proved it with the Philly Special.

The Agnew Fumble was a call.  Was it close?  Yeah.  But you can't argue against the call on the field.  On top of that, it wasn't as if the Agnew fumble was the reason we lost.  Hell, the Agnew Return was the reason we were still in the game...

Eh, we lost the game fair and square.  They were better than us.  That's just sometimes how it goes.

(01-22-2023, 03:44 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

All you had to do was see Agnew’s reaction.  He knew it was a fumble.

(01-22-2023, 03:48 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-22-2023, 03:44 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Buddy. If it was the Chiefs who made that play, you would 100000% say it was a fumble.

All you had to do was see Agnew’s reaction.  He knew it was a fumble.

Yea, at first being a homer I was upset with the call.  Then they showed the replay.....

Looking back today that was our chance.  He goes down instead of spinning. We punch it in. The D gets us the ball back (which they did)  Treavor throws that int pass 6 inches higher it gets to the receiver and he catches it, scores and we win.  Yea I know what an imagination I have.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(01-22-2023, 10:15 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Good to great on ST, but he rarely gets past the 1st tackle attempt on offense. Last night another example.
There was a game earlier in the season when Zay was injured. Agnew came up big as a receiver.

Sent from my KFTRWI using Tapatalk
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2023, 04:20 PM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

I do wonder what we could have with Agnew if he really went full in on being a WR. Spent the entire offseason focusing on it.

Some people may not realize this, but he was a CORNERBACK in college.

(01-22-2023, 04:09 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(01-22-2023, 03:48 PM)RicoTx Wrote: All you had to do was see Agnew’s reaction.  He knew it was a fumble.

Yea, at first being a homer I was upset with the call.  Then they showed the replay.....

Looking back today that was our chance.  He goes down instead of spinning. We punch it in. The D gets us the ball back (which they did)  Treavor throws that int pass 6 inches higher it gets to the receiver and he catches it, scores and we win.  Yea I know what an imagination I have.
Jags win that game if Agnew doesn’t fumble.

Can’t convince me otherwise.

Agnew is a fantastic returner and he provides a spark with some gadget plays here and there plus a sprinkling of legit routes run as a receiver.

No need to overthink it.

If you can afford him, keep him outright - or extend his deal to reduce the annual impact on the cap.
I think his contribution is easily worth the minimal cap space he represents.

(01-22-2023, 04:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Agnew is a fantastic returner and he provides a spark with some gadget plays here and there plus a sprinkling of legit routes run as a receiver. 

No need to overthink it.

If you can afford him, keep him outright -  or extend his deal to reduce the annual impact on the cap.
I think his contribution is easily worth the minimal cap space he represents.

I agree, his level of contribution easily justifies his contact. I'd definitely look to extend him for a few more years if he's willing to take a similar amount per season to what he has so far.

(01-22-2023, 12:31 PM)surfon Wrote: I dont think agnews fumble was a carch.  He was juggling the ball while making the football move.

Idk man as many as they dont call catches ball came out on his third step, the football move part.  It was closer than the tv ppl made it out to be imo.

Those tv people had such a boner for Mahomes they wouldn't have noticed a hot naked chick getting greased up right in front of them. Specifically Collinsworth. Worthless excuse for an announcer.

Gotta keep him.

Have to keep Agnew. He is a huge part of our success.

(01-22-2023, 04:52 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-22-2023, 12:31 PM)surfon Wrote: I dont think agnews fumble was a carch.  He was juggling the ball while making the football move.

Idk man as many as they dont call catches ball came out on his third step, the football move part.  It was closer than the tv ppl made it out to be imo.

Those tv people had such a boner for Mahomes they wouldn't have noticed a hot naked chick getting greased up right in front of them. Specifically Collinsworth. Worthless excuse for an announcer.

Lol, what?
 Never change.

(01-22-2023, 04:52 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

I completely agree.  They were practically drooling.  Collinsworth is horrible.

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2023, 02:05 AM by JagFanatic24. Edited 4 times in total.)

We absolutely at minimum take it to overtime if we don’t turn the ball over TWICE with 5:29 left in the game. Hell they probably go for 2 and the win to avoid overtime.

In the shout out to Agnew in the original post, it’s also pretty cool that he put the Jaguars in the history books in 2021 for the longest return in NFL history when he returned a field goal attempt 109 yards. The game was tied 7-7 and Agnew took it to the house before halftime with 0 seconds on the clock. I’m a huge Reggie Barlow fan and chanted “Reggie Reggie” in the stands, but Agnew is right up there with him as a special teams ace who provides a spark on offense.

In his first playoff game vs the Chargers, Agnew had 134 yards on kickoff return. In his 2nd playoff game against the Chiefs, Agnew had another 100 yards on kickoffs, he went for 131 yards. 2 playoff games 288 yards on kickoff return and he did it on just 7 returns. That’s an average of 41 yards per kickoff return. Wowzer.

Agnew also scored his first kickoff return for a TD as a Jaguar in week 2 at Denver in just his 2nd game. He scored on his 2nd kickoff return.

Nobody thought he would have fumbled there. It’s just one of those things. To the person that’ said etn has fumbling problems, I think he did pretty good down the stretch taking care of the ball.

(01-22-2023, 10:36 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: It is really aggravating that the last thing on everyone's mind is going to be him coughing the ball up near the endzone in a game we needed that TD.  Really unfortunate circumstance at a most inopportune time.  I hope he sticks around and learns from his experiences this year.

Could be worse.  The last thing on Cowboys fans mind is Zeke lining up at Center and getting pancaked !!!   [BLEEP]

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2023, 10:26 AM by Caldrac.)

Out of all of the teams that played this past weekend and overall game wise? I felt like our team held it's own the best. Giants laid down to the Eagles. The Bills really didn't look like they wanted that game enough against the Bengals. Dallas continues to look anemic offensively with Prescott under center.

This team really pulled off some really, really cool things all season with a new coaching staff and a lot of new faces around the team.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."