Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The offensive line was the number 1 reason we lost against KC. 911!

Yes Kirk missed that 60 yard bomb that totally changed the game, yes Agnew fumbled inside the 5, and yes the team allowed henne to lead a 98yd td drive.  All of those are contributing factors.  The major issue most are not talking about is the offensive line. Too many times Lawrence had almost 0 time with a defender in his face. On the INT late in the game it was mostly due to pressure. Lawrence can't get enough arm on the football due to a guy free running wide open at him.  The Line played possibly the worst game all year.   IMO this team should draft 2-3 offensive linemen in this coming draft.  The truth is the team lacks any dominant offensive line players. The team is filled with a bunch of Average/below average linemen. This was not an issue in just this game.  Lawrence really did save this offensive line's reputation by getting the ball away fast. If we have just an average QB this line maybe giving up 40 sacks a year.  I do not want to single anyone out but some linemen in the game against KC were little more than turnstiles letting defenders get in Lawrences face.  I do understand we need pass rush but the QB is our most important player. Time to build primarily around him. 

Go to 1:07 and watch this defender run straight into Lawrences face on the throw. He had no chance to step into it.  You do not see the Good QB's like Burrow, Mahomes, Allen have free defenders run into their grill like we allow to happen to Lawrence.  This line is not good enough!

https://youtu.be/KIJUqtd9Q3w

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Amen

I’m going to say again, this team needs one more cb too.

I've been saying it since Halloween.

LG and Center struggle to protect.

Fortner may yet catch on, but they've gotta get IOL competition on the roster come March and April.

RE: post #3 - yes, the team also needs a skilled nickel DB. I like Williams and Campbell outside quite a lot.

Shreff had his worst game of the year. he totally blew the block on the Pick he was almost looking like Norwell that one play from last year.

we will have Bartch Back, maybe we can get Little, Taylor and Robinson on the line at same time.

(01-23-2023, 06:00 PM)icey14 Wrote: Shreff had his worst game of the year. he totally blew the block on the Pick he was almost looking like Norwell that one play from last year.

we will have Bartch Back, maybe we can get Little, Taylor and Robinson on the line at same time.

I have some confidence Scherff will be fine after an offseason to heal up, but I hope better depth is in place behind him so he doesn't need to stay out there if he's only at 60% and struggling. 

I'm slowly compiling clips of the interior from the latter half of the season to post in a thread about all of this. 
One of the things I'm noticing is that they get beat on stunts and twists easily. Late to react to the rusher looping inside.

No.

The offensive line is a contributing factor. But it was the turnovers that cost us the game in KC. The Jags can improve the line, yes, and I hope they do but you can't lose the turnover battle against Kansas City and expect to win.

acctutly the biggest reason was the 98 yard td drive the defense alloewed. take that away, and score is 20 t0 20 near the end.. we lost by a TD.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Although I am an advocate at this pre-free agency time in using the 1st and 2nd round picks on an edge rusher and cornerback, it would not surprise me to see them take a top ranked OG to beef up the line for Trevor and ETN.