Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Baalke Year-End Presser

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2023, 08:16 PM by Thewitnessofsolinvictus. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-24-2023, 02:57 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Get / draft some run blockers.  We are wasting ETN's home run ability otherwise.

I miss fullbacks. I could hear some of Greg Jones's blocks from my seat.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-24-2023, 08:16 PM)Thewitnessofsolinvictus Wrote:
(01-24-2023, 02:57 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Get / draft some run blockers.  We are wasting ETN's home run ability otherwise.

I only think two teams still use the fullback now. San Francisco with Juszcyzk and Baltimore with Rickard.

I miss this position as well. I know it's scheme specific but a lot of teams are using the TE position to supplement the FB position in some capacity.

I think it's something worth looking into but it takes a unique guy to make it work correctly. What Rickard does at 6'3, 305 pounds is impressive.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-24-2023, 08:16 PM)Thewitnessofsolinvictus Wrote:

Yes! I don't know why we don't have a FB. You watch the older games with Jones and even DJ Watt in Steelers games and it makes sense to have that weapon, especially for ETN. Maybe someone will see the light and we'll get one in the off-season.

Apologies are coming to the forefront and it's Well Deserved.

NH3...

https://www.facebook.com/100064332953505...tid=6aamW6
"AZANE"

Vid doesn't work.

(01-25-2023, 12:22 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-24-2023, 08:16 PM)Thewitnessofsolinvictus Wrote: I miss fullbacks. I could hear some of Greg Jones's blocks from my seat.

Yes! I don't know why we don't have a FB. You watch the older games with Jones and even DJ Watt in Steelers games and it makes sense to have that weapon, especially for ETN. Maybe someone will see the light and we'll get one in the off-season.

Doug doesn't want to run the ball and the linemen for his system aren't power guys.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-24-2023, 05:47 PM)JagCard Wrote: I’d like more detail on the impact Travon had this year. Wasn’t his role supposed to be getting to the QB?

Agreed.

(01-28-2023, 06:28 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-25-2023, 12:22 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Yes! I don't know why we don't have a FB. You watch the older games with Jones and even DJ Watt in Steelers games and it makes sense to have that weapon, especially for ETN. Maybe someone will see the light and we'll get one in the off-season.

Doug doesn't want to run the ball and the linemen for his system aren't power guys.

I mean I get it, most of the succesful teams these days are very pass heavy and teams with guys like Derrick Henry/Nick Chubb aren't winning superbowls.. but at the same time, there have been games where ETN is averaging like 8 YPC and we just stop using him and our offense dries up and it makes you scratch ya head a bit. 

But I believe in Doug, and i'm sure the more familiar Trevor and the WRs get with the offense it will end up being fine.

(01-30-2023, 12:55 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-28-2023, 06:28 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Doug doesn't want to run the ball and the linemen for his system aren't power guys.

I mean I get it, most of the succesful teams these days are very pass heavy and teams with guys like Derrick Henry/Nick Chubb aren't winning superbowls.. but at the same time, there have been games where ETN is averaging like 8 YPC and we just stop using him and our offense dries up and it makes you scratch ya head a bit. 

But I believe in Doug, and i'm sure the more familiar Trevor and the WRs get with the offense it will end up being fine.
The offense is already fine.

It's about to become top 5.

I agree that Doug gets pass happy sometimes and that bothers me, but I still really like his offense and guts.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-30-2023, 10:02 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I agree that Doug gets pass happy sometimes and that bothers me, but I still really like his offense and guts.

Yes

The Jags offense under Pederson is the best playbook we've ever seen our team run IMO. 
Can't wait to see what they sprinkle in next year. 

And also yes, I too would like to see them take more advantage of the run against certain opponents.

(01-30-2023, 10:18 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-30-2023, 10:02 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I agree that Doug gets pass happy sometimes and that bothers me, but I still really like his offense and guts.

Yes

The Jags offense under Pederson is the best playbook we've ever seen our team run IMO. 

And also yes, I too would like to see them take more advantage of the run against certain opponents.

I think a guy like Samaje Perine or Jamaal Williams would be a nice addition to this team, we need someone to be the battering ram that Etienne really isn't (and shouldn't be).  Get Etienne more targets and plays in space in general and hopefully maximize his value through a potential second contract.

(01-30-2023, 07:07 PM)empty Wrote:
(01-30-2023, 10:18 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yes

I think a guy like Samaje Perine or Jamaal Williams would be a nice addition to this team, we need someone to be the battering ram that Etienne really isn't (and shouldn't be).  Get Etienne more targets and plays in space in general and hopefully maximize his value through a potential second contract.

I agree that we need someone who can run with more power to compliment ETN, but I'd prefer to get someone in the mid to late rounds of the draft than to spend second or third contract money on a running back.  If they can make it work without sacrificing somewhere else, fine.  But the way it looks now, we'd be better served using our cap money to re-sign some of our own pending free agents.

(01-31-2023, 12:06 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(01-30-2023, 07:07 PM)empty Wrote: I think a guy like Samaje Perine or Jamaal Williams would be a nice addition to this team, we need someone to be the battering ram that Etienne really isn't (and shouldn't be).  Get Etienne more targets and plays in space in general and hopefully maximize his value through a potential second contract.

I agree that we need someone who can run with more power to compliment ETN, but I'd prefer to get someone in the mid to late rounds of the draft than to spend second or third contract money on a running back.  If they can make it work without sacrificing somewhere else, fine.  But the way it looks now, we'd be better served using our cap money to re-sign some of our own pending free agents.

Like Jarod?

How do you post pictures saved in your camera roll on this site?

(01-31-2023, 01:05 PM)TownCenterJag Wrote: How do you post pictures saved in your camera roll on this site?

Use a hosting site and link from there.

Here's a link to a thread in the Board Forum that talks about the how to.

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.php?tid=21127

(01-31-2023, 12:06 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(01-30-2023, 07:07 PM)empty Wrote: I think a guy like Samaje Perine or Jamaal Williams would be a nice addition to this team, we need someone to be the battering ram that Etienne really isn't (and shouldn't be).  Get Etienne more targets and plays in space in general and hopefully maximize his value through a potential second contract.

Yeah - I don't see this f.o. or staff waiting to burn draft capital on a back.

They'll adda late rounder or UDFA to compete with Snoop Conner for that role (if they even value that role half as much as fans do.)

(01-31-2023, 01:31 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-31-2023, 01:05 PM)TownCenterJag Wrote: How do you post pictures saved in your camera roll on this site?

Thank you.

(01-31-2023, 01:31 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Some old names in that thread. Whatever happened to Minorcan?