Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Doug Pederson Coach of the Year

(01-26-2023, 02:29 AM)captivating Wrote:
(01-25-2023, 06:13 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Bingo.

That's just bulls&^t.  Smaller market say it's rigged for bigger markets.  Bigger markets say that the NFL exploits the certainty of bigger markets to ensure smaller markets remain viable.

Quit this rubbish conspiracy crap against the Jags.

Daboll or Pederson are both worthy winners.  Daboll achieved more with a worse roster, but Dougie turned around a disgraceful franchise and gave it credibility.  But that's easier to do with a No. 1 QB.

Just a heads up that inserting special characters to get around the word filter is verboten. I bring this up because I saw that you have done this in some other posts. 

Golly, gee willickers and gosh darn it are acceptable substitutes.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-26-2023, 06:51 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-26-2023, 02:29 AM)captivating Wrote: That's just bulls&^t.  Smaller market say it's rigged for bigger markets.  Bigger markets say that the NFL exploits the certainty of bigger markets to ensure smaller markets remain viable.

Daboll or Pederson are both worthy winners.  Daboll achieved more with a worse roster, but Dougie turned around a disgraceful franchise and gave it credibility.  But that's easier to do with a No. 1 QB.

Just a heads up that inserting special characters to get around the word filter is verboten. I bring this up because I saw that you have done this in some other posts. 

Just type the word out and let the filter catch it. If a bad word doesn't catch the filter we won't dock you for it, we'll just update the filter. If you need context for the word choice you can always type [BLEEP] as bull [BLEEP].

That's just bulls&^t.  Smaller market say it's rigged for bigger markets.  Bigger markets say that the NFL exploits the certainty of bigger markets to ensure smaller markets remain viable.

Daboll had the better roster, this is evidenced by which team had the #1 selection in the last draft and which team had the 5th pick in said draft. The Jaguars achieved more than the Giants in a single season by achieving essentially the same final record while starting from behind. In every conceivable way Doug Pederson is the better coach.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

@I don't think you're allowed to have unbiased comments in this thread. Sorry if this post leads to a warning.@

(01-26-2023, 09:32 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-26-2023, 06:51 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Just a heads up that inserting special characters to get around the word filter is verboten. I bring this up because I saw that you have done this in some other posts. 

Just type the word out and let the filter catch it. If a bad word doesn't catch the filter we won't dock you for it, we'll just update the filter. If you need context for the word choice you can always type [BLEEP] as bull [BLEEP].

(01-26-2023, 02:29 AM)captivating Wrote: That's just bulls&^t.  Smaller market say it's rigged for bigger markets.  Bigger markets say that the NFL exploits the certainty of bigger markets to ensure smaller markets remain viable.

Daboll had the better roster, this is evidenced by which team had the #1 selection in the last draft and which team had the 5th pick in said draft. The Jaguars achieved more than the Giants in a single season by achieving essentially the same final record while starting from behind. In every conceivable way Doug Pederson is the better coach.

But wouldn't it also be fair to say before the season that Doug was the better coach Daboll was more of an unknown as far as HC. So one could argue he did what many thought couldn't be done with the Giants. Also everyone knew the Jags would be better just because Urban wasn't here anymore. Daboll was looking at possibly having to get a new QB. I think both are deserving of the award, the homer in me says Doug but I could easily see Daboll getting it.
"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2023, 06:34 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-26-2023, 04:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/GeneFrenette/status/...mK4AtYp9TA

Yeah. Noticed that all season. I was also starting to get away from my habit of looking for the flag every time we made a big play and just enjoying the damn thing for once because the flags just simply didn't keep piling on like they would have done in year's past. That's also with the league recently going from a 16 game season to a 17 game season. Making it that much more impressive IMHO.

There were only a few where they really burned our [BLEEP] up a bit. Mostly the goofy [BLEEP] roughing the passer calls that happened at the worst of times. But, he coached this dumpster fire of a team into a 9 - 8 divisional winner and home play off game winner, in a contest that has to go down in franchise history as one of our top five games. Easily. 

He's awesome man. We're really fortunate to have him here. I think it's very, very realistic and possible that he brings us a Lombardi Trophy within this decade.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2023, 06:58 PM by Jags.)

(01-26-2023, 04:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/GeneFrenette/status/...mK4AtYp9TA

Idk where that ranks amongst the league, but we certainly had a more disciplined team this year compared to years past.   It’s really refreshing.  This team is going to be much fun to watch on so many levels that we’re just not used to.  It’s amazing what good coaching and a franchise QB can do.

(01-26-2023, 06:58 PM)Jags Wrote:

Idk where that ranks amongst the league, but we certainly had a more disciplined team this year compared to years past.   It’s really refreshing.  This team is going to be much fun to watch on so many levels that we’re just not used to.  It’s amazing what good coaching and a franchise QB can do.

Twenty teams had more penalties than we did this year.

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2023, 08:55 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

https://twitter.com/TheHonestNFL/status/...Y7kW91QGyQ

I can't wait for next year.

I think what hurt Doug was the record. Our latter half of the season was awesome, but if we win even just one more game earlier in the season, I believe Doug takes home the hardware.

(01-26-2023, 09:32 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-26-2023, 06:51 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Just a heads up that inserting special characters to get around the word filter is verboten. I bring this up because I saw that you have done this in some other posts. 

You amazingly patient moderator.

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2023, 06:25 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-01-2023, 05:15 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: I think what hurt Doug was the record. Our latter half of the season was awesome, but if we win even just one more game earlier in the season, I believe Doug takes home the hardware.

They haven't announced who won it yet.  He's one of the 3 finalists.

(02-02-2023, 12:13 AM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(01-26-2023, 09:32 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Just type the word out and let the filter catch it. If a bad word doesn't catch the filter we won't dock you for it, we'll just update the filter. If you need context for the word choice you can always type [BLEEP] as bull [BLEEP].

You dirty liar.

preview post is your friend. You can self-[bleep] too if you so choose. Or, you could use other words to get yer flippin' message across without relying on the baloney profanity filter to do your dang job for you.

(Personally I think the alternates are funnier than the bleeps)

Robbed.

I think the small market hurt him in a tight race such as this.

(02-10-2023, 12:40 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I think the small market hurt him in a tight race such as this.

It's not that, it's because Daboll had the Giants in the playoffs with Daniel Jones. I'd say a slightly more impressive feat than what Doug did, but Doug was absolutely deserving had he won.

(02-10-2023, 01:27 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(02-10-2023, 12:40 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I think the small market hurt him in a tight race such as this.

It's not that, it's because Daboll had the Giants in the playoffs with Daniel Jones. I'd say a slightly more impressive feat than what Doug did, but Doug was absolutely deserving had he won.
The Jags had the #1 overall pick in back to back years. And had to suffer Urban Meyer.

Doug should have won in a landslide

I don't think we're surprised that Daboll won. But I don't think any of us expected that Shanahan would also get more votes than Pederson.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.