Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MLB 2023 Season

So young, truly sad, R. I.P.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Not looking good for the Orioles. I didn’t expect this considering how hot they were.

Now the Braves are gone. Postseason is cruel.

Three of the four teams with a bye lost. You could tell the time off was bad for Baltimore. I didn’t watch enough of the other games to get a feel for how it affected the Dodgers or Braves.

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2023, 10:10 AM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

Getting the bye in round 1 is good when you have an ace to 2 like Arizona had in 2001 (Randy Johnson and Curt Shilling) that you're going to ride throughout the playoffs but it appears that it really adversely impacted the star hitters as Mookie Betts and Freddie Freeman went for a combined hitting of 1 for 21.

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2023, 04:44 PM by RicoTx.)

It's been one day and I'm already getting tired of the commercials our here for the ALCS.  They're hyping it as the Lonestar Showdown.  Is that just out here or are they doing it nationally?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-13-2023, 04:43 PM)RicoTx Wrote: It's been one day and I'm already getting tired of the commercials our here for the ALCS.  They're hyping it as the Lonestar Showdown.  Is that just out here or are they doing it nationally?

I haven't seen any but then again, I haven't tuned in too much to baseball.  I'm pulling for the Rangers and Dbacks to advance.   I like the Cheatin' Astros since they dominate the hated Yankees but like to see fresh blood in the WS.    The Rangers were 1 strike away from the title a few years ago so I wouldn't mind seeing them win this year

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2023, 10:20 AM by RicoTx. Edited 3 times in total.)

(10-17-2023, 09:06 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(10-13-2023, 04:43 PM)RicoTx Wrote: It's been one day and I'm already getting tired of the commercials our here for the ALCS.  They're hyping it as the Lonestar Showdown.  Is that just out here or are they doing it nationally?

I haven't seen any but then again, I haven't tuned in too much to baseball.  I'm pulling for the Rangers and Dbacks to advance.   I like the Cheatin' Astros since they dominate the hated Yankees but like to see fresh blood in the WS.    The Rangers were 1 strike away from the title a few years ago so I wouldn't mind seeing them win this year

Pulling for  Rangers / Phillies WS myself.  Been a Phillies fan since the Schmidt / Bowa / Maddox / Carlton / Luzinski / et al days.  

Spent literally hundreds of nights at games at The Vet...easily 50-60 games a year sometimes.  Of course, that's when I was young enough to buy general admission tickets (for $1.50 or so) then hop the fence to the lower level (and sometimes outrun security guards) and watch the rest of the game from the box seats.

Looks like the Rangers are too much for [Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2Foriginal...ipo=images]s.

Rangers/Dbacks..

Should be a great series.. I got the D-Backs in 7

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/173357971...SO5bA&s=19

Early reports are 10 year, $700 Million..

Now, my Sox need to go after Yamamoto!! Dude said he was waiting for Ohtani to sign first.

(12-09-2023, 07:27 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/MLB/status/173357971...SO5bA&s=19

Now, my Sox need to go after Yamamoto!! Dude said he was waiting for Ohtani to sign first.

While he’s recovering from his second Tommy Johns surgery and won’t pitch until 2025. Crazy.

(12-09-2023, 07:27 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/MLB/status/173357971...SO5bA&s=19

I was just coming to post about this.

Nobody…in any sport…is worth that kind of money.  It’s ridiculous.  It’s almost double what Trout and Harper got just a few years ago.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2023, 12:17 AM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-09-2023, 08:44 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

I was just coming to post about this.

Nobody…in any sport…is worth that kind of money.  It’s ridiculous.  It’s almost double what Trout and Harper got just a few years ago.

It was iffy for me for Devers 10 year 300+ Mill lol

(12-09-2023, 08:43 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

While he’s recovering from his second Tommy Johns surgery and won’t pitch until 2025. Crazy.

Bingo.. Dude is a straight talent.. But is still only 1 player with a bad wing..