Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MLB 2023 Season

LETS GO OS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Spoke too soon!

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2023, 07:16 PM by WingerDinger.)

Walk off..

#dirtywater

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(04-01-2023, 07:15 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Walk off..

#dirtywater
That was one of the worst routine drops I’ve ever seen an outfielder drop. Yeeesh

(04-01-2023, 07:23 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-01-2023, 07:15 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Walk off..

#dirtywater
That was one of the worst routine drops I’ve ever seen an outfielder drop. Yeeesh

https://twitter.com/CJOffTheBench/status...0CYpQ&s=19

I actually watched a baseball game yesterday, for the first time in years. It was on Fox. The Giants at the Yankees. They have some nice technology now, with the strike zone box and the spot where the ball went through the strike zone. I was surprised at how accurate the umpire was with the balls and strikes. Another thing that surprised me was how the game just clipped along at a decent pace. It must be the new pitch clock. It was pretty entertaining, I think because they've sped up the pace of the game to where it's a lot more watchable.

(04-02-2023, 05:01 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I actually watched a baseball game yesterday, for the first time in years.  It was on Fox.  The Giants at the Yankees.  They have some nice technology now, with the strike zone box and the spot where the ball went through the strike zone.  I was surprised at how accurate the umpire was with the balls and strikes.  Another thing that surprised me was how the game just clipped along at a decent pace.  It must be the new pitch clock.  It was pretty entertaining, I think because they've sped up the pace of the game to where it's a lot more watchable.

Jezzus Marty, when's the last time you've seen a game on TV? lol 

I know you said years, but it sounds like decades lol

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2023, 10:20 AM by Cleatwood.)

(04-02-2023, 08:49 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(04-02-2023, 05:01 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I actually watched a baseball game yesterday, for the first time in years.  It was on Fox.  The Giants at the Yankees.  They have some nice technology now, with the strike zone box and the spot where the ball went through the strike zone.  I was surprised at how accurate the umpire was with the balls and strikes.  Another thing that surprised me was how the game just clipped along at a decent pace.  It must be the new pitch clock.  It was pretty entertaining, I think because they've sped up the pace of the game to where it's a lot more watchable.

Jezzus Marty, when's the last time you've seen a game on TV? lol 

He’s not wrong though.

Baseball was dying at its previous rate and it needed a drastic change. The pitch clock is the best thing to happen to baseball in a very very long time.

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2023, 10:32 AM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-02-2023, 10:20 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-02-2023, 08:49 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Jezzus Marty, when's the last time you've seen a game on TV? lol 

He’s not wrong though.

Baseball was dying at its previous rate and it needed a drastic change. The pitch clock is the best thing to happen to baseball in a very very long time.

That's why I didn't say he was wrong.. It definitely needed change. The pitch clock was kinda cringe during Spring Training, but honestly after thinking about it more, it's definitely growing on me. It's definitely speeding up the game.. I think the new rule I like best though, is that pitchers can only try a pickoff attempt twice.. Dude, I've seen games where the pitcher spends 5-10 minutes with one batter, just trying to pick off the guy on first..

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2023, 04:21 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

Sox take the opening series against The O's, 9-5.. They scored 27 runs in the first 3 games.. Just a terrible offense lol.. Need pitching!!

Love that #DirtyWater
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5apEctKwiD8

Tough loss for the Braves today but winning the opening series is still good. My brother's team(Not sure why haha)the Rays had a good sweep against the Tigers.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

Put in a waiver claim for Brice Turang!

(04-02-2023, 10:20 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-02-2023, 08:49 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Jezzus Marty, when's the last time you've seen a game on TV? lol 

He’s not wrong though.

Baseball is still dying though. Changing the game by making new rules and shaving off 20 minutes of game time isn't bringing in new viewers. All it's doing is making the same old viewers happy, or mad.

Happy because they don't have to waste an extra 20 minutes watching a baseball game, or mad because they paid X amount of $$ to get less of a show and have to go home earlier.

(04-04-2023, 02:50 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-02-2023, 10:20 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: He’s not wrong though.

Baseball is still dying though. Changing the game by making new rules and shaving off 20 minutes of game time isn't bringing in new viewers. All it's doing is making the same old viewers happy, or mad.

Happy because they don't have to waste an extra 20 minutes watching a baseball game, or mad because they paid X amount of $$ to get less of a show and have to go home earlier.

It may be a 20 min average but the pace is far quicker imo. I don’t watch baseball much at all(may have watched two or three games in last 4 years) but have watched two games already this year because it is much more enjoyable for for a casual fan like me.

Maybe it is just me but it also appears to be much more offensive with higher scores than in the past. It has to be easier for a batter to know the pitch is coming within X amount of seconds. That is also coming from a casual fan so I could be wrong. 

With basketball going in the wrong direction as far as rules and style of play(simulating fouls to get to the free throw line and refs seemingly blowing the whistle more often than not in the paint) I think baseball has a great opportunity to move up in ratings.

(04-04-2023, 06:51 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(04-04-2023, 02:50 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Baseball is still dying though. Changing the game by making new rules and shaving off 20 minutes of game time isn't bringing in new viewers. All it's doing is making the same old viewers happy, or mad.

It may be a 20 min average but the pace is far quicker imo. I don’t watch baseball much at all(may have watched two or three games in last 4 years) but have watched two games already this year because it is much more enjoyable for for a casual fan like me.

Maybe it is just me but it also appears to be much more offensive with higher scores than in the past. It has to be easier for a batter to know the pitch is coming within X amount of seconds. That is also coming from a casual fan so I could be wrong. 

With basketball going in the wrong direction as far as rules and style of play(simulating fouls to get to the free throw line and refs seemingly blowing the whistle more often than not in the paint) I think baseball has a great opportunity to move up in ratings.

You would be right about it being more offensive. I seen a tweet the other day that said the hit average was up and single base hits were up like 80% from previous seasons, or something like that.

Sox dropped 2 to The Pirates.. The Pirates have themselves a 6'7 SS lol..

Dude is actually pretty impressive. Looks like a giraffe in the batting box. His floating strike zone is at the catchers head lolol

Don't know if you saw Josh Smith get hit in the face Monday night in the Rangers game.  It was ugly.  Amazingly no broken bones and all he got was six stitches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcQqJUhZBqk
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-05-2023, 09:24 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Don't know if you saw Josh Smith get hit in the face Monday night in the Rangers game.  It was ugly.  Amazingly no broken bones and all he got was six stitches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcQqJUhZBqk

That was as bad as Justin Turner's in Spring Training. I'm starting to think that sooner than later, they may start making all batters wear the helmets with the jaw guard.

JT switched after his injury and said in an interview that switching batting helmets to one with a jaw guard didn't take much to get used to..

Went to our first Jumbo Shrimp game of the season last night.. Great time! Cheap tickets, great seats.. The couple next to us have season tickets and were extremely nice. Told them when we buy tickets again, we're going to try to get the same seats. Nice full moon last night as well.. Food sucked, but still had a blast!

[Image: 20230405-210419.jpg]

[Image: 20230405-195850.jpg]

Can't wait to go to some Sox games!

How ‘bout those Rays.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]