Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MLB 2023 Season

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2023, 09:09 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

Sox sweep the blue birds in 4 games.. Always nice to sweep a division rival!
[Image: red-sox-sweep-boston-sweep.gif]

#dirtywater

Next up, Phillies in Philly for a 3 game stretch..

Go Sox!

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Sox take the first game in Philly..

Chris Sale.. 10k, 1 walk.. He's back, baby!

https://twitter.com/RedSox/status/165466...HE7yA&s=19

Go Sox!

Looking for the Philly sweep today!

Go Sox!

No sweep for my Sox.. Good game by Philly. Took the loss, but also took the series..

Go Sox!

Great series in Atlanta.. Sox split the series with the Braves.. One hell of a tough team up there.

Kenley Jansen gets his 400th save.
https://twitter.com/RedSox/status/165648...la40Q&s=19

Go Sox!
#dirtywater

Sox at home tonight for the start of a 3 game series against The Cards.

Love home games, especially in Boston! Fenway is an American Icon Ballpark.. Been around since 1912 and hasn't changed very much since. Absolutely legendary!

But.. Don't get me wrong. Even though I absolutely love Fenway, there some really beautiful parks out there. I love home games in Boston, but love seeing a lot of these great parks during away games.

Example, PNC Park in Pittsburgh. Absolutely gorgeous!

Busch Stadium, Camden Yards, Angels Stadium in Anaheim.. There's so many to be named.. Just really cool to see these other ball parks during away games.

Even the new (yuck) Yankee Stadium, pretty damn nice!

The old Yankee Stadium was way better though. The historical value to it alone totally outweighs almost any renovation they could have constructed. Been there a handful of times. As a life-long Sox fan, I'm still sad to see it go..

An Orioles player has hit for the cycle 7 times in the history of baseball. I have been attendance for 3 of those games!!!!!!!

What a crazy end to the Rays and Mets game last night.

My O’s took an absolute beating tonight.

My boy Tanner took a line drive to the face last night. Walked off under his own power and went to the hospital for stitches and evaluation.. Looks horrible, could have been a lot worse.

https://twitter.com/tylermilliken_/statu...M2t_A&s=19

(05-11-2023, 01:24 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Sox at home tonight for the start of a 3 game series against The Cards.

Love home games, especially in Boston! Fenway is an American Icon Ballpark.. Been around since 1912 and hasn't changed very much since. Absolutely legendary!

But.. Don't get me wrong. Even though I absolutely love Fenway, there some really beautiful parks out there. I love home games in Boston, but love seeing a lot of these great parks during away games.

Example, PNC Park in Pittsburgh. Absolutely gorgeous!

Busch Stadium, Camden Yards, Angels Stadium in Anaheim.. There's so many to be named.. Just really cool to see these other ball parks during away games.

Even the new (yuck) Yankee Stadium, pretty damn nice!

The old Yankee Stadium was way better though. The historical value to it alone totally outweighs almost any renovation they could have constructed. Been there a handful of times. As a life-long Sox fan, I'm still sad to see it go..

I lived in Philly for 29 years.  My dad used to do a lot of business in NY.  I was in Yankee Stadium several times.  Got to see Mickey Mantle (albeit the washed up, broke down version) play a few times.  I’ve been in a bunch of the old stadiums with my travels.  I think that’s what they’re trying to build with these new stadiums.  Something with atmosphere.  Those cookie cutter bowl stadiums sucked.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 06-18-2023, 08:37 AM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

Phillies red hot.  They’ve been an incredibly streaky team this year...hot and cold.

(This post was last modified: 06-18-2023, 01:19 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

(06-18-2023, 08:35 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Phillies red hot.  They’ve been an incredibly streaky team this year...hot and cold.

Sox could get hot and it just wouldn't matter.. Nobody is catching Tampa..

I love the American East, but damn lolol

I was watching a Sox game a few days ago and the commentator said that even with The Sox being in last place in the East, they would be tied for first in The National League Central lolol

(06-18-2023, 12:57 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(06-18-2023, 08:35 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Phillies red hot.  They’ve been an incredibly streaky team this year...hot and cold.

I was watching a Sox game a few days ago and the commentator said that even with The Sox being in last place in the East, they would be tied for first in The National League Central lolol

O’s @ Rays is a big two game series starting tomorrow. I’ll probably watch your boys @ the Twins and then Padres @ Giants later on tonight.

(This post was last modified: 06-20-2023, 02:26 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(06-18-2023, 12:57 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:

I used to love the Red Sox. My home town of Winter Haven FL was thier spring training city long ago, and thier AA Minor league affiliate was also in WH. As a kid, I met Jim Rice and Fred Lynn when they were minor leaguers. But all that got wiped away by the Roger Clemens stuff. Never went back to them, even when they had Schilling and Ortiz and finally broke the curse.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Good grief this guy hits some incredible home runs.  What a stud.  

https://www.mlb.com/news/shohei-ohtani-h...th-of-year

I enjoyed watching the Rays hand it to Seattle last night. The Mariners got up 4-0 in the 2nd, then the Rays came alive and absolutely demolished them. I don’t know which team the crowd was jeering.

4 O’s in the ASG!!!

(07-01-2023, 09:54 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Good grief this guy hits some incredible home runs.  What a stud.  

https://www.mlb.com/news/shohei-ohtani-h...th-of-year

So... question for all the baseball fans out there.  Is Shohei Ohtani one of the best baseball players ever?