Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2023 Offseason News and Rumors

(01-29-2023, 05:00 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-25-2023, 10:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: A Rod to the Jets for 2 1sts?  I'd like to see this.  Hopefully Brady goes to the Raiders.  All the top QBs would be in the AFC

https://sports.yahoo.com/peter-king-beli...52097.html

Should the Jets trade two No. 1 picks for Rodgers?

The Jets would end up losing 2 first round picks for very short term gain.

If Rodgers has anything left, including interest in playing more than a year, it might be a little worth it for the Jets because they'd have a QB that could get them to the playoffs.  But I think Aaron Rodgers is finished.  Brady too.

(01-26-2023, 10:11 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Brady needs a life after football. The guy doesn’t know what to do with himself and he’s becoming a sad has-been who can’t let go. 

For his sake and his incredible legacy, I hope he hangs it up this year.

Hey if the Raiders want to blow first round picks on Brady, let them.

What makes you think Brady is finished?  Was it him setting his own All time completion record for most completions in a season All time or was it him being 3rd in the league in passing with the worst run game in the league and worst interior oline in the league?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-29-2023, 05:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-29-2023, 05:00 PM)Bullseye Wrote: The Jets would end up losing 2 first round picks for very short term gain.

If Rodgers has anything left, including interest in playing more than a year, it might be a little worth it for the Jets because they'd have a QB that could get them to the playoffs.  But I think Aaron Rodgers is finished.  Brady too.

What makes you think Brady is finished?  Was it him setting his own All time completion record for most completions in a season All time or was it him being 3rd in the league in passing with the worst run game in the league and worst interior oline in the league?

He threw a million short passes, but keep harping on that.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-29-2023, 05:50 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-29-2023, 05:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What makes you think Brady is finished?  Was it him setting his own All time completion record for most completions in a season All time or was it him being 3rd in the league in passing with the worst run game in the league and worst interior oline in the league?

He threw a million short passes, but keep harping on that.
He had the worst interior oline in the league and he had to get the ball out quick.  Is he supposed to just hold on to the ball and get killed?  Is Brady the reason they had the worst run offense as well?  It couldn't of been the play calling either right?

(01-29-2023, 06:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-29-2023, 05:50 PM)RicoTx Wrote: He threw a million short passes, but keep harping on that.
He had the worst interior oline in the league and he had to get the ball out quick.  Is he supposed to just hold on to the ball and get killed?  Is Brady the reason they had the worst run offense as well?  It couldn't of been the play calling either right?

So what?  Good grief.  You keep saying he completed the most passes in his career and you answer your own [BLEEP] question.  Duh.

As far as the play calling, kinda funny he never complained until the had a bad year.  Right?

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2023, 07:04 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-29-2023, 06:46 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-29-2023, 06:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He had the worst interior oline in the league and he had to get the ball out quick.  Is he supposed to just hold on to the ball and get killed?  Is Brady the reason they had the worst run offense as well?  It couldn't of been the play calling either right?

So what?  Good grief.  You keep saying he completed the most passes in his career and you answer your own [BLEEP] question.  Duh.

As far as the play calling, kinda funny he never complained until the had a bad year.  Right?

So what?  You say some dumb [BLEEP].  lol  He did complete the most passes in NFL history along with being 3rd in passing yards with the worst interior oline in the league.  I wouldnt call that a bad year lol.  Brady doesnt need Byron to succeed and was obviously trying to help the organization because i highly doubt he will be back in Tampa next year. Brady gave Byron an opportunity of a life time to be a HC but he thought he could be the big guy and call the shots and choose the GM over what the owner wants on his first HC job ever. That wasnt very smart at all. Now Byron will never have the luxury again of what he had in Tampa with the GOAT.

(01-29-2023, 07:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-29-2023, 06:46 PM)RicoTx Wrote: So what?  Good grief.  You keep saying he completed the most passes in his career and you answer your own [BLEEP] question.  Duh.

So what?  You say some dumb [BLEEP].  lol  He did complete the most passes in NFL history along with being 3rd in passing yards with the worst interior oline in the league.  I wouldnt call that a bad year lol.  Brady doesnt need Byron to succeed and was obviously trying to help the organization because i highly doubt he will be back in Tampa next year.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
‘Help the organization…’

Oh obviously.

Laughing Laughing

(01-29-2023, 07:05 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-29-2023, 07:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: So what?  You say some dumb [BLEEP].  lol  He did complete the most passes in NFL history along with being 3rd in passing yards with the worst interior oline in the league.  I wouldnt call that a bad year lol.  Brady doesnt need Byron to succeed and was obviously trying to help the organization because i highly doubt he will be back in Tampa next year.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
‘Help the organization…’

Oh obviously.

Laughing Laughing
So you think he's coming back to Tampa this year and just doesn't want Byron there?

(01-29-2023, 07:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-29-2023, 07:05 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Laughing Laughing Laughing
‘Help the organization…’

Oh obviously.

Laughing Laughing
So you think he's coming back to Tampa this year and just doesn't want Byron there?

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. I think Byron was ousted because the management in Tampa is bad (see also making Bowles HC). Whether or not Tawmy plays another season is up to Tawmy, but I don't think he wants to stay in Tampa. They are fading into mediocrity, as is Tawmy.

Leftwich is Bowles's scapegoat, nothing more to it than that.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-30-2023, 11:41 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-29-2023, 07:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: So you think he's coming back to Tampa this year and just doesn't want Byron there?

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. I think Byron was ousted because the management in Tampa is bad (see also making Bowles HC). Whether or not Tawmy plays another season is up to Tawmy, but I don't think he wants to stay in Tampa. They are fading into mediocrity, as is Tawmy.

Tawmy? The chick in Bachelor Party?
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2023, 01:42 PM by Cleatwood.)

Kellen Moore to be OC for the Chargers.

That is HUGE for Herbert.

(01-29-2023, 05:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-29-2023, 05:00 PM)Bullseye Wrote: The Jets would end up losing 2 first round picks for very short term gain.

Yes. Because if there's one thing the Raiders are elite at... It's pass blocking and interior Oline play. You think Brady had a bad Oline in Tampa? Just wait til you see him play for the Raiders. He's going to get SMOKED if he goes there. He will immediately go from being the best QB in the NFC South to arguably 3rd. He would go from a team with the best roster in the division to a team with the worst roster in the division. Brady can't carry a team by himself and he certainly won't be able to carry a bad roster in LV.

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2023, 02:29 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-30-2023, 01:38 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Kellen Moore to be OC for the Chargers.

Another OC scapegoated.  Cheaper to fire the OC than cut the $40 million QB.  As if it’s Moore’s fault that Prescott can put up great regular season numbers and chokes and falls on his face in the playoffs.

(01-29-2023, 05:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What makes you think Brady is finished?  Was it him setting his own All time completion record for most completions in a season All time or was it him being 3rd in the league in passing with the worst run game in the league and worst interior oline in the league?
Yes. Because if there's one thing the Raiders are elite at... It's pass blocking and interior Oline play. You think Brady had a bad Oline in Tampa? Just wait til you see him play for the Raiders. He's going to get SMOKED if he goes there. He will immediately go from being the best QB in the NFC South to arguably 3rd. He would go from a team with the best roster in the division to a team with the worst roster in the division. Brady can't carry a team by himself and he certainly won't be able to carry a bad roster in LV.

So Kellen is going from one choking culture to another. Whats different?
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(01-30-2023, 02:32 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:

So Kellen is going from one choking culture to another. Whats different?
Herbert has had trash OCs his entire career.

I think Kellen Moore is going to unlock Herbert to the next level.

DeMeco Ryans to the tinhorns. Could be a good hire there. Former player I believe there.

Sean Payton to Denver in a trade deal with New Orleans. Interesting. Solid roster there. Maybe Payton can cook with Wilson. We'll see.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2023, 05:35 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-31-2023, 05:30 PM)Caldrac Wrote: DeMeco Ryans to the tinhorns. Could be a good hire there. Former player I believe there.

Sean Payton to Denver in a trade deal with New Orleans. Interesting. Solid roster there. Maybe Payton can cook with Wilson. We'll see.

A really good hire for the Texans defense.  With Ryan's being an Alabama guy I'm sure he really wants Young. I can see the Texans being the 2nd best team in the AFC South

(01-30-2023, 02:25 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

Another OC scapegoated.  Cheaper to fire the OC than cut the $40 million QB.  As if it’s Moore’s fault that Prescott can put up great regular season numbers and chokes and falls on his face in the playoffs.

Wasn't that Romo's M.O.?

(02-01-2023, 11:26 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-30-2023, 02:25 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Another OC scapegoated.  Cheaper to fire the OC than cut the $40 million QB.  As if it’s Moore’s fault that Prescott can put up great regular season numbers and chokes and falls on his face in the playoffs.

Wasn't that Romo's M.O.?

It's the new Cowboy way.

Man if there’s anybody that should hang it up it’s this guy.  This is a CTE case just waiting to happen…already.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3557...n-protocol

(02-01-2023, 04:28 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Man if there’s anybody that should hang it up it’s this guy.  This is a CTE case just waiting to happen…already.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3557...n-protocol

Does this mean he can "play" in the probe owl?