Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How Jacksonville got an NFL team

So, I didn't know this video existed. It came up as a recommendation because I've watched so many Jags videos. WJXT researched and put together this hour-long documentary of how Jacksonville got an NFL team and it came out on that station back around 2017 or so. 

I have only watched the first two minutes so I can't say anything about it but I wanted to share it here. All I can say so far is, WOW. Enjoy!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UtP427tvuuQ

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Thanks for digging this out. I'll definitely give it a whirl when I get a spare evening.

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2023, 06:29 PM by Ronster. Edited 1 time in total.)

I was at this game. LOL

https://twitter.com/nfl_vintage/status/1...yDC5ZTuh6w
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

I've seen it. Brought back some memories. I remember hitting redial over and over again to get my season tickets. Finally got through on the second day.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(01-28-2023, 07:30 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: I've seen it. Brought back some memories. I remember hitting redial over and over again to get my season tickets. Finally got through on the second day.

You had to call in for them. Wow. Yeah, this was before the internet took off. My dad got season tickets at some point. I was stationed at Fort Sam Houston so I wasn't getting them. Told my dad I'd go with him when I was in town.

(01-28-2023, 07:43 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-28-2023, 07:30 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: I've seen it. Brought back some memories. I remember hitting redial over and over again to get my season tickets. Finally got through on the second day.

You had to call in for them. Wow. Yeah, this was before the internet took off. My dad got season tickets at some point. I was stationed at Fort Sam Houston so I wasn't getting them. Told my dad I'd go with him when I was in town.

Oh yeah definitely. The Internet was around sort of but you didn't buy tickets that way. Very old school. You gotta remember that was in 93, two years before the Jags took the field. Good times.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I went to The Avenues and stood in line.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Pretty cool seeing all of that history. Watched Boselli's story after that. Was very bittersweet for me. Seeing how much everybody has aged. Wayne, Tom.

It's sad but it's also a great legacy and key cornerstone that was established early here in Jacksonville. Seeing the old local crew members I watched in the early 90s, etc.

It's just all business. Tough love in this sport. I do not envy some of these decisions these people have had to make over the years.

But, man am I greatful for the season ticket holders that kept the culture going and strong and through the thick of it all.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

That brought back some memories.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

There was an article I found which was like a 45 min read that goes through all the foundation work Wayne had to do to even be considered. It was a well written article and being not a local gives alot of insight to the process.

Sorry for the ads the only version I could find.

https://www.jacksonville.com/story/sport...807332007/

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2023, 11:19 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-28-2023, 06:28 PM)Ronster Wrote: I was at this game. LOL

https://twitter.com/nfl_vintage/status/1...yDC5ZTuh6w

I was as well. Even then, Fisher's insufferable mug was ....insufferable.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption