Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Conference Title games

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2023, 05:19 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

Such an aggressive defense.. To a fault

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Seems that the 49er strategy is to just keep fouling and assuming the refs won't call all of them.

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2023, 05:36 PM by JagFan81.)

(01-29-2023, 05:26 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Seems that the 49er strategy is to just keep fouling and assuming the refs won't call all of them.

Thought a few were unfortunate calls. Called the hands to the face on the Dlineman as he's being held but don't see that. 

Good response from Philly after the TD. Niners got to climb the mountain again. Surely Purdy is done for the day as he doesn't seem to be getting treatment but still on the sideline.

Niners killing themselves here.

NFC Championship Game and I'm already thinking of a movie to watch, and it's not even halftime.

Like I said. A miracle.

(01-29-2023, 05:37 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: NFC Championship Game and I'm already thinking of a movie to watch, and it's not even halftime.

I know what you mean. Niners get themselves back in it then D gives Philly 7 and the O does too. Not sure Josh Johnson is the guy to bring you back here.

Feel sorry for Shanahan, what can he do here. Was a tough game with Purdy in, baaically impossible with Johnson.

(01-29-2023, 05:39 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(01-29-2023, 05:37 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: NFC Championship Game and I'm already thinking of a movie to watch, and it's not even halftime.

I know what you mean. Niners get themselves back in it then D gives Philly 7 and the O does too. Not sure Josh Johnson is the guy to bring you back here.

Feel sorry for Shanahan, what can he do here. Was a tough game with Purdy in, baaically impossible with Johnson.

49ers had a chance if Johnson could just not drop the ball or throw it to the other team.  He can't even handle a snap properly.  12 other teams didn't think Johnson was good enough to be on a roster I'm surprised Shanahan did.  This will likely be Johnson's last game of his career.  Blake Bortles would of been a much better option than Johnson.  Re retired because he couldn't land on a team yet you have this bum on a roster

(01-29-2023, 05:32 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(01-29-2023, 05:26 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Seems that the 49er strategy is to just keep fouling and assuming the refs won't call all of them.

Thought a few were unfortunate calls. Called the hands to the face on the Dlineman as he's being held but don't see that. 

Good response from Philly after the TD. Niners got to climb the mountain again. Surely Purdy is done for the day as he doesn't seem to be getting treatment but still on the sideline.

The hands to the face was first, glad to see the refs didn't make the holding call. Offsetting penalties when one may have caused the other are ridiculous.

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2023, 05:57 PM by JagFan81.)

(01-29-2023, 05:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-29-2023, 05:39 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: I know what you mean. Niners get themselves back in it then D gives Philly 7 and the O does too. Not sure Josh Johnson is the guy to bring you back here.

49ers had a chance if Johnson could just not drop the ball or throw it to the other team.  He can't even handle a snap properly.  12 other teams didn't think Johnson was good enough to be on a roster I'm surprised Shanahan did.  This will likely be Johnson's last game of his career.  Blake Bortles would of been a much better option than Johnson.  Re retired because he couldn't land on a team yet you have this bum on a roster

Yeah the guys a career backup. I think his only advantage is he's been around so many O's he can maybe learn a playbook quicker but they never wanted to have to rely on him to win them a game, let alone an NFC Championship game against a great Eagles team.

(01-29-2023, 05:48 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(01-29-2023, 05:32 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Thought a few were unfortunate calls. Called the hands to the face on the Dlineman as he's being held but don't see that. 

The hands to the face was first, glad to see the refs didn't make the holding call. Offsetting penalties when one may have caused the other are ridiculous.

No I get you, you could call any of the penalties they called but they also let a lot go in the playoffs. Eagles just on the positives end of all of them calls.

Eagles got all the beaks so far today.

CMC at QB?

The Niners 5th QB of the season....

Crazy

When the wheels fell off, they really fell the [BLEEP] off lolol

And that's definitely game. Just feel a bit disappointed. This game looked like a great game but injuries have killed it. Penalties have killed them too but the Niners are losing their discipline now.

Eagles have a great team but what a nice, easy playoff ride to the SB. Beat the Giants by halftime then a Josh Johnson Niners.

I'm not sure either AFC team will beat the Eagles. They have the best oline, best dline, and really no weakness. You win in the trenches and Eagles have the best of both

Just saw a commercial for those mexican pizzas from taco bell.. I tried one a while back when they just recently reintroduced them, and either they're not as good as they used to be or my taste buds changed.. yuck.

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2023, 06:38 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

As great and as deep as the Eagles team is, next year when they lose Kelce and Cox is going to hurt. The good thing is for them they have a top 10 pick incoming lol

Graham and Hargrave are also FA's

Down 21 points in the 4th Q and all you can do is run the ball.

Just a slow death.

I'm surprised the 49ers don't have any type of half-back or WR- pass wrinkles?

(01-29-2023, 06:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: As great and as deep as the Eagles team is, next year when they lose Kelce and Cox is going to hurt.  The good thing is for them they have a top 10 pick incoming lol

They'll have to pay Hurts and Smith soon aswell. Not sure how many years Kelce and Lane Johnson have left in them but they've built a great team there this year. Just strong in every group.

Maybe the Eagles should think of pulling starters.

(01-29-2023, 06:43 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(01-29-2023, 06:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: As great and as deep as the Eagles team is, next year when they lose Kelce and Cox is going to hurt.  The good thing is for them they have a top 10 pick incoming lol

They'll have to pay Hurts and Smith soon aswell. Not sure how many years Kelce and Lane Johnson have left in them but they've built a great team there this year. Just strong in every group.

Maybe the Eagles should think of pulling starters.

Im just talking about next year.  Kelce has already said this is his last year which is why they drafted Jurgens.  He was going to retire this past year but he came back for one more.