Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Conference Title games

I’m hoping the Eagles thrash the Chiefs, because I’ve grown to dislike everything about KC over the last 3-4 years.

Tired of seeing the insurance commercials, tired of hearing the stupid tomahawk chop and FSU chant, tired of watching Mahomes—>Kelce be the answer to all KC’s difficulties, and tired of seeing them go deep in the playoffs every year like it’s a birthrite.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think Phili have 3 straight bye weeks is ultimately going to hurt them. By the time the SB comes around, it's like 5 weeks since they last played a real football game.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

I remember when people said the Chiefs would have a down year and Mahomes wouldn’t be as good without Hill…..

Fun times.

We have a major Mahomes problem. He has become the new Brady, and we are going to have to get through him every year. I think if any QB can ultimately challenge him it’s going to be Trevor. However, we need to add some firepower with a full strength Ridley and have Trevor continue to progress to have a chance.

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2023, 09:01 AM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-30-2023, 08:19 AM)Newton Wrote: We have a major Mahomes problem. He has become the new Brady, and we are going to have to get through him every year. I think if any QB can ultimately challenge him it’s going to be Trevor. However, we need to add some firepower with a full strength Ridley  and have Trevor continue to progress to have a chance.

Initially was thinking we might take a step back next year before taking a step forward the following year, but the Jags just need to get a tad tighter and keep as much talent as they can this off-season.  The young talent already under contract should take a step forward next year.  Keeping that in mind, I think we’ll be right there in the end next year barring catastrophic injury.  

We have a lot of young guys still ascending which should outweigh any talent loss due to cap concerns this off-season.  I expect us to be in contention to be in the AFC championship next year.

Mahomes and that offense rely heavily on Kelce and he’s getting close to a cliff at his age if not already standing on the edge of it.

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2023, 09:13 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-30-2023, 09:00 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(01-30-2023, 08:19 AM)Newton Wrote: We have a major Mahomes problem. He has become the new Brady, and we are going to have to get through him every year. I think if any QB can ultimately challenge him it’s going to be Trevor. However, we need to add some firepower with a full strength Ridley  and have Trevor continue to progress to have a chance.

Initially was thinking we might take a step back next year before taking a step forward the following year, but the Jags just need to get a tad tighter and keep as much talent as they can this off-season.  The young talent already under contract should take a step forward next year.  Keeping that in mind, I think we’ll be right there in the end next year barring catastrophic injury.  

We have a lot of young guys still ascending which should outweigh any talent loss due to cap concerns this off-season.  I expect us to be in contention to be in the AFC championship next year.

Mahomes and that offense rely heavily on Kelce and he’s getting close to a cliff at his age if not already standing on the edge of it.

He's still on the plateau. Nowhere near the cliff. Plus, TEs, excluding maybe Gronk, seem to outplay their age. Hes gonna have to start getting nagging injuries before he starts to slow down.

Newton is dead on. These guys are going to end up as major obstacles for us if they stay healthy.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2023, 09:23 AM by Caldrac.)

Easiest way to get away from Mahomes is by playing so damn good during the regular season they have no choice but to travel to Jacksonville. Outside of that? Not sure how you outright stop him. You can slow him down, you have to win with your base front defensively and virtually everybody has to be damn near perfect enough to give your offense multiple opportunities to score again.

The problem I saw mostly last night? Same with our game? Chiefs have a good DC and a good base front to pressure the QB with. It's that simple. The amount of times Burrow had to move or ate sacks in that game was frustrating to watch. Was the same exact case with us in our divisional match up. And, like that crazy catch Chase made on 4th and 6?

We need receivers like that to keep our drives alive. Kirk dropping a bomb still hurts. Just my opinion. Burrow also made one hell of a back shoulder throw to Higgins. Had 2 or 3 really SUPERB throw and catches with Burrow and Higgins last night. In spite of bad protection.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2023, 12:41 PM by rpr52121. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-30-2023, 02:47 AM)KodiakJag Wrote: I’m hoping the Eagles thrash the Chiefs, because I’ve grown to dislike everything about KC over the last 3-4 years.

Tired of seeing the insurance commercials, tired of hearing the stupid tomahawk chop and FSU chant, tired of watching Mahomes—>Kelce be the answer to all KC’s difficulties, and tired of seeing them go deep in the playoffs every year like it’s a birthrite.

So if the Jags start to do that in a few years, Trevor gets a bunch a commercials, and the media repetitively gives credit to a rabid Jags fanbase and some of the chants the fans, you will also get tired of that and dislike Jax?

(01-30-2023, 09:00 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:

People keep saying this and then Mahomes goes out with whoever and shreds defenses. They said he wouldn't be as good without Hill.

Mahomes is the best QB of all time (not from a rings stand point obviously) and he has an all time HC. The AFC goes through KC considering the last 5 AFC title games have been played there. He's the new Brady and I just hope the Jags have the new Manning.

Mahomes biggest strength is that he can make explosive plays without the expectation of the negative plays that comes with it -- sacks and TO's. This stress how important pass rush is. Most important part of the defense because it can lead to all sorts of negative plays.

Lawrence made huge strides this year in limiting negative plays. The next step for him is explosive plays, but he really needs a Top 5 level TE or WR to help create those. Kirk/Engram/Etienne/Zay are all very good, but just a tad too inconsistent to reach that level. Hopefully Ridley can be that.

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2023, 12:49 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 3 times in total.)

(01-29-2023, 06:33 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Just saw a commercial for those mexican pizzas from taco bell.. I tried one a while back when they just recently reintroduced them, and either they're not as good as they used to be or my taste buds changed.. yuck.

Your first instinct is correct. They are disappointing compared to the original.

(01-29-2023, 07:11 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(01-29-2023, 07:08 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: So..

Minshew get a ring?

Haven't many of the prior Jags QB's got rings as back ups? Henne, Bortles, and Gabbert?

Not Bortles. Brunell with the Saints.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2023, 12:53 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

I just came to say we are almost there. Once we can get the overlooks for holds an pi's like the big boys then we are sb bound. Almost there just a little more media popularity.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(01-30-2023, 11:47 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(01-29-2023, 06:33 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Just saw a commercial for those mexican pizzas from taco bell.. I tried one a while back when they just recently reintroduced them, and either they're not as good as they used to be or my taste buds changed.. yuck.

Your first instinct is correct.  They are disappointing compared to the original.

(01-29-2023, 07:11 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Haven't many of the prior Jags QB's got rings as back ups? Henne, Bortles, and Gabbert?

Not Bortles.  Brunell with the Saints.

Byron with the squealers.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-30-2023, 01:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-30-2023, 11:47 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Your first instinct is correct.  They are disappointing compared to the original.

Not Bortles.  Brunell with the Saints.

Byron with the squealers.

Nice catch! Forgot about that one.

(01-30-2023, 09:11 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(01-30-2023, 09:00 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Initially was thinking we might take a step back next year before taking a step forward the following year, but the Jags just need to get a tad tighter and keep as much talent as they can this off-season.  The young talent already under contract should take a step forward next year.  Keeping that in mind, I think we’ll be right there in the end next year barring catastrophic injury.  

He's still on the plateau.  Nowhere near the cliff. Plus, TEs, excluding maybe Gronk, seem to outplay their age.  Hes gonna have to start getting nagging injuries before he starts to slow down.

Newton is dead on. These guys are going to end up as major obstacles for us if they stay healthy.

He’ll be 34 next season.  If by “no where near” you mean not 2023 but 2024, ok. Semantics I guess, but I expect a noticeable decline if not next year then almost certainly the following one. You’d be hard pressed to find anyone beyond Tony Gonzalez that produced at an elite level beyond that age. Sure, he’s already an outlier, but Father Time is undefeated and can’t be too far off.

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2023, 06:08 PM by NewJagsCity.)

(01-30-2023, 05:46 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(01-30-2023, 09:11 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: He's still on the plateau.  Nowhere near the cliff. Plus, TEs, excluding maybe Gronk, seem to outplay their age.  Hes gonna have to start getting nagging injuries before he starts to slow down.

He’ll be 34 next season.  If by “no where near” you mean not 2023 but 2024, ok. Semantics I guess, but I expect a noticeable decline if not next year then almost certainly the following one. You’d be hard pressed to find anyone beyond Tony Gonzalez that produced at an elite level beyond that age. Sure, he’s already an outlier, but Father Time is undefeated and can’t be too far off.

I hear you. I guess I'm hoping to see the decline while we are still on the ascent. Sadly, I think he can play at a high level till he's 36-37, especially if he avoids injury and is still paired with Mahomes.

Watching Around the Horn and looking at a penalty / officiating montage. Bengals got screwed. Multiple times.

(01-30-2023, 09:49 AM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(01-30-2023, 02:47 AM)KodiakJag Wrote: I’m hoping the Eagles thrash the Chiefs, because I’ve grown to dislike everything about KC over the last 3-4 years.

So if the Jags start to do that in a few years, Trevor gets a bunch a commercials, and the media repetitively gives credit to a rabid Jags fanbase and some of the chants the fans, you will also get tired of that and dislike Jax?

Trevor starts boringly completing 70% or more of his passes to the same target, some drunk fan in a teal fireman’s hat starts a “J…A…G…S…Jags! Jags! Jags!” chant that somehow catches on, during games large groups of fans are seen in the stands posing with the metrosexual “do you jaguar?” pose, and Trevor takes Stafford’s place in the Little Caesar’s commercials…yep, I’d probably have to move on.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan