Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pro Bowl

Honestly, I didn't mind the events. I forgot to watch it last night, but they put all the events on YouTube. It could use some work, but it was entertaining, and the players seem to be enjoying themselves. Definitely, something the kids enjoyed. If the flag football game is competitive, it might be worth watching. I still think they need to put something on the line. Your thoughts?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

When did they switch to flag football? This is horrible
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(02-05-2023, 04:15 PM)EricC85 Wrote: When did they switch to flag football? This is horrible

This year and it's horrible....what a joke...probowl is on a downward spiral and the game it self will not be around much longer....

Seriously what garbage did I just watch The game only was two quarters long Trevor didn't play once they kept the same quarterback in the whole time

(02-05-2023, 04:55 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Seriously what garbage did I just watch The game only was two quarters long Trevor didn't play once they kept the same quarterback in the whole time

There doing 3 flag football games, each QB gets a whole game. Lawrence is in now.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

I looked this better. Was quick and not tackle football with no tackling lol

It's too easy to pick this version of Pro Bowl apart. Those of us who remember the better Pro Bowls, the ones played after the Super Bowl, where almost everyone participated, seem to be gone for good.

I mean, I can kinda understand it, they added an extra game to the season (correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't I hear that they're adding 2 extra Wild Card teams next season? Or did I imagine that?) So yeah, we're getting more meaningful games now. Which in turn, probably dumbs down Pre Season and Pro Bowls.

Plus it looks like the players are actually having fun while still trying to remain competitive.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(02-05-2023, 05:13 PM)Protozoa Wrote:
(02-05-2023, 04:55 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Seriously what garbage did I just watch The game only was two quarters long Trevor didn't play once they kept the same quarterback in the whole time

There doing 3 flag football games, each QB gets a whole game. Lawrence is in now.

Ya figured it out lol

I really don't mind it. It's very family friendly and the players are having fun. It seems more like a 'get to know the players event.' I think the players are trying to win the game.

We'll never get what we had, but if you can let that go, I think this new format could be entertaining in a different way.

Now that we have our QB playing in it, I'm fine with it being flag lol. Last thing we need is a stupid injury from a meaningless game. But my real issue with the probowl is the fan voting, why the hell is tyler huntley there

Oh the hell he didn't.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Same move he pulled in the Seahawks game.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

At least no one got hurt   Big Grin

and ramsey a tool as always  Ninja
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Well that was underwhelming
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

(02-05-2023, 06:14 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: It's too easy to pick this version of Pro Bowl apart. Those of us who remember the better Pro Bowls, the ones played after the Super Bowl, where almost everyone participated, seem to be gone for good.

I mean, I can kinda understand it, they added an extra game to the season (correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't I hear that they're adding 2 extra Wild Card teams next season? Or did I imagine that?) So yeah, we're getting more meaningful games now. Which in turn, probably dumbs down Pre Season and Pro Bowls.

Plus it looks like the players are actually having fun while still trying to remain competitive.

I can remember being at the Air It Out tournament back in late 90’s and they would play the entire Pro Bowl game on the radio for everyone to hear. That was when the Pro Bowl mattered to players and they played as it was a regular season game. Hearing our players names like Boselli, Brunell, McCardell, and Smith was encouraging.