Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who is yalls top player or players right now that is underrated in mocks and reports?

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2023, 11:02 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Who do yall think can or will be the steals of the drafts?  A player or plays that looks like will get drafted later than they should?  My top guy right now is Clark Phillips.  I'd honestly be good with taking him at 24 but it looks like he could possibly fall to our 2nd pick.  I think he can be an elite corner in this league inside or on outside.  He played both at Utah at a very level and would be very good pick if we can get him after our first pick.  Andrew Voorhees is my guy on offense.  I think Voorhees and Clark are both first round talents thank could play multiple positions for us.  With Clark being able to play any CB spot and possibly even safety, I think Vorhees could play most spots on the oline.  Both would be a really good pick if we could get either in the 2nd and would be a steal if we could come away with one in the 3rd even if it means trading up with our 3rd being we have 2 4ths.

My bad, meant to put in the college section

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Will McDonald IV out of Iowa State would be a good pick for us at 24. Think that might fly under the radar a little bit but he would be a great edge setter and situational pass rusher early on as a rookie.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Luke Musgrave has been all over the charts in the mock drafts I've seen. The guy has everything one would want in a tight end at the NFL level. Tight end will not be one of the Jaguars top 2 or 3 needs after Engram re-signs, but I'd have to strongly consider Musgrave in round 1. It wouldn't shock me if he passes Mayer come draft day as the first TE taken. Imagine what Doug Pederson could do with an offense with Engram and Musgrave in addition to Calvin Ridley.

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2023, 05:33 PM by ATLjag. Edited 2 times in total.)

One guy I rarely hear mentioned as highly as I think he deserves is Baylor's Siaki Ika. He's a massive 6'4" 358 pound nose tackle, but with very good movement skills (yes, a proverbial "dancing bear"). He has shown the ability to not only clog the inside, but penetrate effectively. With a little more technique/coaching that he will get at the pro level, I think this guy will be a beast and likely a steal for some team for many years.

Tyjae Spears. He is my favorite RB in the draft.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Parker Washington. I think he's gonna be a really good receiver in the NFL.

Will McDonald IV out of Iowa St. and Karl Brooks out of Bowling Green for me at the DE positions. I really like the progression these two players have had over the last two, three years. Consistency is always important to me when looking at players. It shows a good understanding of one's position but it also shows a deep rooted willingness to work and maintain a level of expectations and play on the field. McDonald in RD2 would be ideal. Wouldn't shock me if he goes in RD1 though late. Brooks is a guy I feel could have a late RD3 grade on him. Certainly shouldn't make it out of RD4.

I don't like these players that are too flashy for one season and then test off the charts at the combine. Those types of players tend to scare me away. Especially early. Offensively I think Will Mallory is underrated at the TE position. Again, goes back to the consistency thing for me. Is he going to light up the combine like a Luke Musgrave or Darnell Washington? Probably not. But, when you look at the film? He's the most consistent player from that group. He improved every year for the Miami Hurricanes.

There's a few other names from that group too that you'll see start rising up once they test at the combine and pro day's. I was already eyeing one of them. Zack Kuntz out of Old Dominion. He's 6'8. He'll probably be the tallest of this group. Has a bit of a Harrison Bryant look and feel to him. Which wouldn't be a bad option with one of those picks in RD4. The other two players are Davis Allen out of Clemson and Noah Gindorff out of North Dakota State. Due to size and speed ratios you'll probably see teams take some chances on them on day three for sure.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-20-2023, 04:10 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Will McDonald IV out of Iowa St. and Karl Brooks out of Bowling Green for me at the DE positions. I really like the progression these two players have had over the last two, three years. Consistency is always important to me when looking at players. It shows a good understanding of one's position but it also shows a deep rooted willingness to work and maintain a level of expectations and play on the field. McDonald in RD2 would be ideal. Wouldn't shock me if he goes in RD1 though late. Brooks is a guy I feel could have a late RD3 grade on him. Certainly shouldn't make it out of RD4.

I don't like these players that are too flashy for one season and then test off the charts at the combine. Those types of players tend to scare me away. Especially early. Offensively I think Will Mallory is underrated at the TE position. Again, goes back to the consistency thing for me. Is he going to light up the combine like a Luke Musgrave or Darnell Washington? Probably not. But, when you look at the film? He's the most consistent player from that group. He improved every year for the Miami Hurricanes.

There's a few other names from that group too that you'll see start rising up once they test at the combine and pro day's. I was already eyeing one of them. Zack Kuntz out of Old Dominion. He's 6'8. He'll probably be the tallest of this group. Has a bit of a Harrison Bryant look and feel to him. Which wouldn't be a bad option with one of those picks in RD4. The other two players are Davis Allen out of Clemson and Noah Gindorff out of North Dakota State. Due to size and speed ratios you'll probably see teams take some chances on them on day three for sure.

Consistency in college is definitely preferable to guys who were "one year wonders" and workout warriors at the combine. Brooks is someone who'd be an excellent choice, especially if they are unable to keep Arden Key. His versatility is a big asset and, as you said, he might be around at the end of round 3. McDonald is likely to be gone by pick 57, but he'd definitely be a solid option there. I wouldn't take him in round 1, however. Initially, I see him as a rotational Edge rusher in the 3-4 due to his pass rush abilities. He'll need to gain some weight and strength in order to improve his weakness in stopping the run.

(02-18-2023, 11:52 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Parker Washington. I think he's gonna be a really good receiver in the NFL.

Got eeeeem

I was spot on about McDonald. I still can't believe the Jets took him 15th overall, but, again, goes back to the consistency point I was making all along.