Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2023 Offseason Roster Moves

(02-23-2023, 07:52 AM)NoShoes Wrote:
(02-22-2023, 10:43 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Henne made the money plays though. Multiple 3rd down conversions and the TD.

Money plays as in dropped pick 6’s and a BS roughing penalty?

Yup. If Oluokun catches that and/or Agnew doesn't fumble, I'm positive we would have won that game.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We have extended Beathard.

(02-25-2023, 09:31 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/...JphWw&s=19

They brought this idea up on the radio.  Gives us more money for this year

(02-25-2023, 09:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-25-2023, 09:31 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/...JphWw&s=19

They brought this idea up on the radio.  Gives us more money for this year

Good call. That's two
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Looks like we are setting ourselves up for BPA again. Love it

(02-26-2023, 12:06 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Looks like we are setting ourselves up for BPA again.  Love it

It's one less position or role to worry about. I still think they need to find a way to bring in a veteran CB and DE. Patrick Peterson and Brandon Graham (Or, Justin Houston or Chandler Jones) would be on my list right now to pick-up for a year on fair deals. 

Just gives us more breathing room in the draft to address other areas of concern or pushing the burden off of having to backfill the CB and DE positions earlier than expected. Getting any of those guys listed above though also brings on board strong, veteran leadership and presences that can help mentor the younger guys on the roster. 

Walker and Allen could stand to learn a lot from Graham, Houston or Jones while offering impacts opposite of them on the field. Campbell and Williams would easily benefit from Peterson in the secondary.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-26-2023, 07:28 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-26-2023, 12:06 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Looks like we are setting ourselves up for BPA again.  Love it

It's one less position or role to worry about. I still think they need to find a way to bring in a veteran CB and DE. Patrick Peterson and Brandon Graham (Or, Justin Houston or Chandler Jones) would be on my list right now to pick-up for a year on fair deals. 

Just gives us more breathing room in the draft to address other areas of concern or pushing the burden off of having to backfill the CB and DE positions earlier than expected. Getting any of those guys listed above though also brings on board strong, veteran leadership and presences that can help mentor the younger guys on the roster. 

Walker and Allen could stand to learn a lot from Graham, Houston or Jones while offering impacts opposite of them on the field. Campbell and Williams would easily benefit from Peterson in the secondary.

Players play.  Coaches coach.  Players don't coach.  We have coaches.

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2023, 08:06 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-26-2023, 07:39 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-26-2023, 07:28 AM)Caldrac Wrote: It's one less position or role to worry about. I still think they need to find a way to bring in a veteran CB and DE. Patrick Peterson and Brandon Graham (Or, Justin Houston or Chandler Jones) would be on my list right now to pick-up for a year on fair deals. 

Players play.  Coaches coach.  Players don't coach.  We have coaches.

Thanks, Captain Obvious! LOL. 

Mentoring is not the same as coaching. Just FYI. A coach installs game plans throughout the work week, goes over the scripted plays, shows them what to look out for tendency wise and down and distance wise, etc. 

Players, especially veterans, who have been around for a long, long time can mentor younger players through your group workouts, breakfast and lunch breaks, midgame, on the sideline, etc. 

Why is this such a hard or foreign concept to grasp? It's a brotherhood at the end of the day for these guys. You don't think Peterson, Houston, Graham or Jones wouldn't be able to walk up to Campbell and Walker and say: 

"Hey, I have played this guy many times over my career, when he gives you this little shoulder lean to his left, be looking for him to actually cut back inside and make a move on you towards the right".

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2023, 08:19 AM by The Real Marty.)

(02-26-2023, 08:05 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-26-2023, 07:39 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Players play.  Coaches coach.  Players don't coach.  We have coaches.

Thanks, Captain Obvious! LOL. 

Mentoring is not the same as coaching. Just FYI. A coach installs game plans throughout the work week, goes over the scripted plays, shows them what to look out for tendency wise and down and distance wise, etc. 

Players, especially veterans, who have been around for a long, long time can mentor younger players through your group workouts, breakfast and lunch breaks, midgame, on the sideline, etc. 

Why is this such a hard or foreign concept to grasp? It's a brotherhood at the end of the day for these guys. You don't think Peterson, Houston, Graham or Jones wouldn't be able to walk up to Campbell and Walker and say: 

"Hey, I have played this guy many times over my career, when he gives you this little shoulder lean to his left, be looking for him to actually cut back inside and make a move on you towards the right".

Coaches do a lot more than what you describe them doing above.  Including the bolded part.  

Again, coaches coach and players play.  I don't want to hire players to coach other players.  I don't think this team needs mentors.  This team is fine.  If we need players to coach other players, then our coaches aren't doing their job.  

We need players who can play- specifically slot corner, pass rusher, interior offensive line.

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2023, 08:25 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-26-2023, 08:19 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-26-2023, 08:05 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Thanks, Captain Obvious! LOL. 

Coaches do a lot more than what you describe them doing above.  Including the bolded part.  

Again, coaches coach and players play.  I don't want to hire players to coach other players.  I don't think this team needs mentors.  This team is fine.  If we need players to coach other players, then our coaches aren't doing their job.  

We need players who can play- specifically slot corner, pass rusher, interior offensive line.

Dude... It's not even 7:30 AM on a Sunday. I am not trying to sit here and write up a [BLEEP] job req. or thesis on what a coach or mentor is. Jesus... 

I think you're reading wayyyyyy too much into every word. Lighten up, will ya? 

Again, you're implying that coaching and mentoring are the same thing. I am saying they are not the same thing. At least from MY perspective. Look, it's cool man. You don't have to like my opinion. 

All of those players listed above have that range and can help this team out in coverages and rushing the passer. I guess you're content with players just sitting like bumps on a log and not mentoring each other I guess throughout the regular work week and preparation phase.

I think I have lost count on how many times a coach has said or a player has said, "Yeah, *insert veteran player name here* is a great lockeroom guy or mentor for us".

(02-26-2023, 08:24 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-26-2023, 08:19 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Coaches do a lot more than what you describe them doing above.  Including the bolded part.  

Dude... It's not even 7:30 AM on a Sunday. I am not trying to sit here and write up a [BLEEP] job req. or thesis on what a coach or mentor is. Jesus... 

Again, you're implying that coaching and mentoring are the same thing. I am saying they are not the same thing. At least from MY perspective. Look, it's cool man. You don't have to like my opinion. 

All of those players listed above have that range and can help this team out in coverages and rushing the passer. I guess you're content with players just sitting like bumps on a log and not mentoring each other I guess throughout the regular work week and preparation phase.

I think I have lost count on how many times a coach has said or a player has said, "Yeah, *insert veteran player name here* is a great lockeroom guy or mentor for us".
I'd like to bring Calais back

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2023, 09:55 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

(02-26-2023, 08:24 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-26-2023, 08:19 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Coaches do a lot more than what you describe them doing above.  Including the bolded part.  

Sorry, it's just that I have heard people say every year that we should bring in some veteran player or players to "mentor" our younger players.  Nothing personal.  Just my opinion that that point of view is bull [BLEEP].

(02-26-2023, 09:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-26-2023, 08:24 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Dude... It's not even 7:30 AM on a Sunday. I am not trying to sit here and write up a [BLEEP] job req. or thesis on what a coach or mentor is. Jesus... 

Sorry, it's just that I have heard people say every year that we should bring in some veteran player or players to "mentor" our younger players.  Nothing personal.  Just my opinion that that point of view is bull [BLEEP].

You say that, and then, this team loses Paul Posluszny and Calais Campbell and it seemed like the entire defense went to [BLEEP] and the ego's of Ramsey and Ngakoue continued to splinter the locker room apart.

(02-26-2023, 10:06 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-26-2023, 09:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Sorry, it's just that I have heard people say every year that we should bring in some veteran player or players to "mentor" our younger players.  Nothing personal.  Just my opinion that that point of view is bull [BLEEP].

You say that, and then, this team loses Paul Posluszny and Calais Campbell and it seemed like the entire defense went to [BLEEP] and the ego's of Ramsey and Ngakoue continued to splinter the locker room apart.

Okay, so what player that is currently on our team is going to splinter the locker room if they don't have another player to mentor them?  

Losing Poz and Calais hurt because they were good players.  Ramsey and Ngakoue raised hell because they were [BLEEP] holes.  

We need a nickel corner, a pass rusher and maybe an interior offensive lineman.  I don't care if they can be a mentor or not.  That's way down the list of qualifications I would look for.

(02-26-2023, 10:18 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-26-2023, 10:06 AM)Caldrac Wrote: You say that, and then, this team loses Paul Posluszny and Calais Campbell and it seemed like the entire defense went to [BLEEP] and the ego's of Ramsey and Ngakoue continued to splinter the locker room apart.

Okay, so what player that is currently on our team is going to splinter the locker room if they don't have another player to mentor them?  

Losing Poz and Calais hurt because they were good players.  Ramsey and Ngakoue raised hell because they were [BLEEP] holes.  

We need a nickel corner, a pass rusher and maybe an interior offensive lineman.  I don't care if they can be a mentor or not.  That's way down the list of qualifications I would look for.

I don't know. It's like talking to a [BLEEP] wall though. Will peacefully and respectfully bow out of this conversation with you though before my [BLEEP] head splinters. Like trying to prove a point with a grumpy old man. 

[Image: grumpy-old-men-breakfast.gif]

Ramsey is not going to happen, but he was one of my favorite players on the field when he was with the jags. By the way, his swagger was a huge part of the success of that 2017 team.

(02-26-2023, 11:14 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Ramsey is not going to happen, but he was one of my favorite players on the field when he was with the jags. By the way, his swagger was a huge part of the success of that 2017 team.

I loved Telvin.   He was a beast that year

Hasty extended