Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2023 Offseason Roster Moves

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So far, it looks like the Front Office wants to keep as many players from last season as possible. No doubt, the culture was the best I've ever seen in Jacksonville. Hopefully they will next sign Engram and Key and re-structure others to possibly enable them to go after a free agent from another team like Seumalo from the Eagles. Hope they let Taylor walk unless he agrees to giving the Jaguars a nice discount on his contract.

(02-26-2023, 01:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/16298...03810?s=20

wonder how many years... 2?

Keep waiting for the news the Griffin has been cut and free up cap space.

(02-26-2023, 03:01 PM)ShivanWurm Wrote: Keep waiting for the news the Griffin has been cut and free up cap space.

It's likely just a matter of time.

I am patiently awaiting the Engram signing.

I like overall what we are doing so far and quite sure their is plenty more to come.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

Engram should be the next domino to fall.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2023, 03:16 PM by MJonesD_32.)

(02-26-2023, 03:09 PM)Butters Wrote: I like overall what we are doing so far and quite sure their is plenty more to come.

for sure man! couple smart re-signings & restructuring going on.  

I really like the addition of Rourke and resigning CJB to mentor Trevor and provide a veteran to the room, he'll probably help Rourke adjust to the NFL next year.

(02-26-2023, 03:14 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: Engram should be the next domino to fall.

+1. 

It's a requirement at this point in time.

Congrats Jamycal on your contract extension.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Extending your back-up QB, RB and a rotational DT/DE is a good way to keep adequate play up to par without worrying about either dropping a draft pick on that position and/or teaching this system/culture to a new face.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

The continuity has been very nice to see.

Engram is the #1 priority.

Big fan of the continuity as well. So nice that guys want to return instead of demanding we break the bank or trade them.

(02-26-2023, 03:15 PM)MJonesD_32 Wrote:
(02-26-2023, 03:09 PM)Butters Wrote: I like overall what we are doing so far and quite sure their is plenty more to come.

for sure man! couple smart re-signings & restructuring going on.  

I really like the addition of Rourke and resigning CJB to mentor Trevor and provide a veteran to the room, he'll probably help Rourke adjust to the NFL next year.

(02-26-2023, 03:14 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: Engram should be the next domino to fall.

+1. 

Beathard isn't mentoring Trevor.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I predict Engram will sign a 3 year deal on Tuesday. There’s zero chance he won’t be here next season.

They’re doing great work on these restructures so far. It is surprising that Griffin hasn’t been cut, surely a matter of time.

I can’t see how they keep Taylor, even though I would like to. The Ridley contract, even at 11m or whatever it is for this year, probably makes it basically impossible unless they do something with Kirk and/or Cam and/or Scherff cap hit for this year. Those 3 are 65m in cap hits for 2023. You manage to restructure those 3, then we can do literally anything in FA

(02-26-2023, 04:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-26-2023, 03:15 PM)MJonesD_32 Wrote: for sure man! couple smart re-signings & restructuring going on.  

+1. 

Totally.

What they should do is have Minshew start so Trevor can learn with a clipboard.

Or…. Even better… Trevor should be a game manager! He will learn so much by just checking the ball down!

(02-26-2023, 04:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-26-2023, 03:15 PM)MJonesD_32 Wrote: for sure man! couple smart re-signings & restructuring going on.  

+1. 

According to Doug Pederson, Beathard was instrumental in teaching Lawrence how to analyze game film. He is contributing to Lawrence’s success.

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2023, 05:33 PM by CanDoBetter. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-26-2023, 04:57 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-26-2023, 04:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Beathard isn't mentoring Trevor.

According to Doug Pederson, Beathard was instrumental in teaching Lawrence how to analyze game film. He is contributing to Lawrence’s success.

Why believe Pederson? What does he know?

If Trevor and CJ gets along fine and CJ can help Trevor then it's a no-brainer to extend CJ. It wouldn't be the only example of a backup QB whose primary role is to help the starter with this stuff. THere's no reason to be defensive about it. Chad Henne wasn't the backup in KC because he was the best available QB if we're strictly talking playing ability

Doing so also indicates the team has full cap control.

(02-26-2023, 03:56 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: Engram is the #1 priority.

I might never understand this sentiment.  700 yards from the TE position isn't a break the bank end of franchise situation.  We have the QB.  We can't fall in love with every good TE or slot receiver that comes through here over the next two decades.  GREAT?  That's a different level, but Engram aint gronk, he aint Kelce, he aint kittle, etc.  You can find a quality move TE in the draft.

Just because CJB doesn’t have the talent or accolades that Trevor does doesn’t mean that he can’t provide him guidance and help him get better. CJB has his own experiences as a football player that Trevor can learn from. If that’s the case and he can manage the offense in a pinch then it seems reasonable to keep him as a back up.