Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Favorite 4 Targets in 1st round

Free agency is about to begin and the draft is just 2 months away. Simple question: Which four potential draft picks would you be very happy with at pick 24? Mine are:

1. Brian Branch- Perfect nickel candidate.

2. Broderick Jones- Starts at guard as rookie and likely replaces Cam Robinson at one tackle spot in year 2.

3. O'Cyrus Torrence- Immediate starter and big upgrade at guard.

4. Michael Mayer- Complete tight end and great complement to Engram.

I consider all four to be very safe picks and hope one is available at pick 24. I've seen at least one mock in which each of these players was selected by Jacksonville so it is a possibility that one or more can make it to pick 24.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2023, 01:33 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

1. Kancey
2. Torrence
3. Porter Jr
4. Witherspoon
5. Mayer

I will say if we add Mayer with the addition of Ridley coming. Our offensive weapons have improved a ton and put us in the top 10 offensive playmakers

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2023, 10:08 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Trade it for Aaron Donald. If he would accept the trade of course. He's the missing piece imo.

(02-25-2023, 01:28 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 1. Kancey
2. Torrence
3. Porter Jr
4. Witherspoon
5. Mayer

I will say if we add Mayer with the addition of Ridley coming.  Our offensive weapons have improved a ton and put us in the top 10 offensive playmakers

Kancey, Witherspoon and Porter would have actually been the next 3 on my list. Kancey has recently catapulted up in many mock drafts. I'm just not 100% sold on him due to his size, although the inside pass rush is in need of major improvements. Your idea of trading the pick for Donald is intriguing, for sure. It might get them into the 2023-24 Super Bowl, but I'm not willing to mess up the salary cap like the Rams did with all their acquisitions. I believe our team is capable of an extended playoff run for the remainder of the 2020's as long as Baalke/Pederson don't totally mess up in the upcoming drafts and free agency, which is certainly a possibility.

(02-25-2023, 09:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 1. Trade it for Aaron Donald.  If he would accept the trade of course.  He's the missing piece imo.

Sure. They will get right on that super realistic trade proposal.

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2023, 11:02 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-25-2023, 10:57 AM)Jag88 Wrote:
(02-25-2023, 09:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 1. Trade it for Aaron Donald.  If he would accept the trade of course.  He's the missing piece imo.

Sure. They will get right on that super realistic trade proposal.

What do you think it takes to get Donald?

It was a late 2nd and late 3rd to get Von Miller. A 2nd and 6th for Mack. I'm thinking to get AD it will be a 1st and a 4th

(02-25-2023, 10:58 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-25-2023, 10:57 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Sure. They will get right on that super realistic trade proposal.

What do you think it takes to get Donald?

It was a late 2nd and late 3rd to get Von Miller.  A 2nd and 6th for Mack.  I'm thinking to get AD it will be a 1st and a 4th
For Von, that was mid season.

Also. Donald is arguably the best defensive player ever (I would say LT) but you could argue Donald.

And the Rams aren’t trading Donald. He would likely retire before going to the Jags so let’s at least be reasonable here.

(02-25-2023, 11:05 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-25-2023, 10:58 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What do you think it takes to get Donald?

It was a late 2nd and late 3rd to get Von Miller.  A 2nd and 6th for Mack.  I'm thinking to get AD it will be a 1st and a 4th
For Von, that was mid season.

Also. Donald is arguably the best defensive player ever (I would say LT) but you could argue Donald.

And the Rams aren’t trading Donald. He would likely retire before going to the Jags so let’s at least be reasonable here.
Teams are more desperate mid season than in the offseason so that actually hurts your argument.  As great as his career is, this isn't AD in his 20s you will be trading for.  He's still great but not the AD of a few years ago, he's about to be 32.  And to say the Rams aren't trading AD and he wouldnt come here, lololol.  You act like you know him personally lol.  You have zero clue what AD would do.  People like you have said every year nobody would want to come to Jax yet we have won the offseason about 3 or 4 of the last 6 years lol.   Not to mention,  right now this is a prime destination for player to want to come more than ever.  Hopkins has already said he would like to come here, Ridley is super excited, players want to play for Doug and I'm sure AD is very good friends with Williams.  This would be a prime trade  destination for AD imo if he gets traded.

(02-25-2023, 11:17 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-25-2023, 11:05 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: For Von, that was mid season.

Teams are more desperate mid season than in the offseason so that actually hurts your argument.  As great as his career is, this isn't AD in his 20s you will be trading for.  He's still great but not the AD of a few years ago, he's about to be 32.  And to say the Rams aren't trading AD and he wouldnt come here, lololol.  You act like you know him personally lol.  You have zero clue what AD would do.  People like you have said every year nobody would want to come to Jax yet we have won the offseason about 3 or 4 of the last 6 years lol.   Not to mention,  right now this is a prime destination for player to want to come more than ever.  Hopkins has already said he would like to come here, Ridley is super excited, players want to play for Doug and I'm sure AD is very good friends with Williams.  This would be a prime trade  destination for AD imo if he gets traded.
“You have no clue what AD wants to do”

And yet you say you’re sure AD and Williams are friends? Lol ok

The tide is certainly changing in Jacksonville but my point wasn’t about Jacksonville necessarily but more about AD not wanting to leave LA. He almost retired after the SB. My guess (and yes a guess) is that the Rams have no intention of trading Donald who is the face of their franchise. And if they did have talks with Donald about moving on, he may just retire instead.

(02-25-2023, 12:00 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-25-2023, 11:17 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Teams are more desperate mid season than in the offseason so that actually hurts your argument.  As great as his career is, this isn't AD in his 20s you will be trading for.  He's still great but not the AD of a few years ago, he's about to be 32.  And to say the Rams aren't trading AD and he wouldnt come here, lololol.  You act like you know him personally lol.  You have zero clue what AD would do.  People like you have said every year nobody would want to come to Jax yet we have won the offseason about 3 or 4 of the last 6 years lol.   Not to mention,  right now this is a prime destination for player to want to come more than ever.  Hopkins has already said he would like to come here, Ridley is super excited, players want to play for Doug and I'm sure AD is very good friends with Williams.  This would be a prime trade  destination for AD imo if he gets traded.
“You have no clue what AD wants to do”

The tide is certainly changing in Jacksonville but my point wasn’t about Jacksonville necessarily but more about AD not wanting to leave LA. He almost retired after the SB. My guess (and yes a guess) is that the Rams have no intention of trading Donald who is the face of their franchise. And if they did have talks with Donald about moving on, he may just retire instead.

They played together for 4 years and won a SB together and both are good people.    Why wouldn't they be good friends?  Use your little noggin.  He thought about it maybe, but it also could of just been to get more money as he just signed a 3 year extension and has only played one year on it.  He still has 2 more years on his deal

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2023, 12:22 PM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-25-2023, 12:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-25-2023, 12:00 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: “You have no clue what AD wants to do”

They played together for 4 years and won a SB together and both are good people.    Why wouldn't they be good friends?  Use your little noggin.  He thought about it maybe, but it also could of just been to get more money as he just signed a 3 year extension and has only played one year on it.  He still has 2 more years on his deal
So you’re friends with everyone you play with for 4 years? Interesting.

Do you legit not see the hypocrisy in your post? I make a guess about AD and you say “you act like you know him personally”

Then turn right around and make a claim about him as if YOU know him personally. If you actually played sports passed tee ball, you would know that you can be on a team with someone and not be their friend.

(02-25-2023, 12:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-25-2023, 12:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: They played together for 4 years and won a SB together and both are good people.    Why wouldn't they be good friends?  Use your little noggin.  He thought about it maybe, but it also could of just been to get more money as he just signed a 3 year extension and has only played one year on it.  He still has 2 more years on his deal
So you’re friends with everyone you play with for 4 years? Interesting.

Do you legit not see the hypocrisy in your post? I make a guess about AD and you say “you act like you know him personally”

Then turn right around and make a claim about him as if YOU know him personally. If you actually played sports passed tee ball, you would know that you can be on a team with someone and not be their friend.

We ain't talking about Ramsey, hes a different story.    But If guys are on the same defense for 4 years and win a SB together those guys are tight and like brothers for the most part.  Not sure what makes you think Williams and AD ain't friends lol.

Who knows, Kelce and Mahomes might hate each other in real life lol.

(02-25-2023, 12:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-25-2023, 12:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: So you’re friends with everyone you play with for 4 years? Interesting.

We ain't talking about Ramsey, hes a different story.    But If guys are on the same defense for 4 years and win a SB together those guys are tight and like brothers for the most part.  Not sure what makes you think Williams and AD ain't friends lol.
Good grief. I forgot what it’s like to argue with you. You’re so dense.

I never said they’re not friends but you’re acting like they for sure are friends. You can win titles and still not be friends. Shaq and Kobe didn’t like each other and won 3 titles.

And you’re right. No one brought up Ramsey.

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2023, 02:04 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-25-2023, 01:02 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-25-2023, 12:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We ain't talking about Ramsey, hes a different story.    But If guys are on the same defense for 4 years and win a SB together those guys are tight and like brothers for the most part.  Not sure what makes you think Williams and AD ain't friends lol.
Good grief. I forgot what it’s like to argue with you. You’re so dense.

I never said they’re not friends but you’re acting like they for sure are friends. You can win titles and still not be friends. Shaq and Kobe didn’t like each other and won 3 titles.

You are clueless, as usual.  I'm not arguing with you, that would be like arguing to a brick wall or a child lol.  There is a slim chance they arent friends, but more than likely they are.  Shaq and Kobe were friends, then they butted heads a number of times and then they became very close again.  Shaq even went to Kobes last game and it was very hard on Shaq when he passed .  Cluless as usual.  Like I said, there is a slim chance Kelce and Mahomes hate each other in real life.  More than likely they don't though

(02-25-2023, 01:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-25-2023, 01:02 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Good grief. I forgot what it’s like to argue with you. You’re so dense.

You are clueless, as usual.  I'm not arguing with you, that would be like arguing too a brick wall or a child lol.  There is a slim chance they arent friends, but more than likely they are.  Shaq and Kobe were friends, then they butted heads a number of times and then they became very close again.  Shaq even went to Kobes last game and it was very hard on Shaq when he passed .  Cluless as usual.  Like I said, there is a slim chance Kelce and Mahomes hate each other in real life.  More than likely they don't though
Shaq and Kobe became friends AFTER they split up. They disliked each other very much when they played.

And no one is talking about Kelce and Mahomes. They are clearly friends because they have said it in many interviews. Have Williams and AD said the same? Doubtful. Do you have any idea who Donald is actually friends with since you seem to know him personally? Or…. Are you taking a guess just like I was earlier?

This whole convo is pointless because AD isn’t coming to Jacksonville. 

Also “too a brick wall”. Classic.

(02-25-2023, 01:58 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-25-2023, 01:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You are clueless, as usual.  I'm not arguing with you, that would be like arguing too a brick wall or a child lol.  There is a slim chance they arent friends, but more than likely they are.  Shaq and Kobe were friends, then they butted heads a number of times and then they became very close again.  Shaq even went to Kobes last game and it was very hard on Shaq when he passed .  Cluless as usual.  Like I said, there is a slim chance Kelce and Mahomes hate each other in real life.  More than likely they don't though
Shaq and Kobe became friends AFTER they split up. They disliked each other very much when they played.

And no one is talking about Kelce and Mahomes. They are clearly friends because they have said it in many interviews. Have Williams and AD said the same? Doubtful. Do you have any idea who Donald is actually friends with since you seem to know him personally? Or…. Are you taking a guess just like I was earlier?

This whole convo is pointless because AD isn’t coming to Jacksonville. 

Also “too a brick wall”. Classic.
Fify

1. O'Cyrus Torrence - G - Florida: Whopper of a lineman with really, really good feet. Would improve the left side immediately across the board. Could see him and Little in the future being a straight menace to defenses for years to come.

2. Michael Mayer - TE - Notre Dame: Was probably snubbed of the Mackey award. Statistically better than Bowers. Will be a Heath Miller type player in the NFL.

Not a bad comparison for me. Just a fluid route runner that's going to earn his paycheck working the middle of defenses.

3. Jalin Hyatt - WR - Tennessee: Big time playmaker. Had a monster year. Even with Ridley in the fold it never hurts having speed on offense.

Can take the top off a defense or take a quick screen and toast you down the seams or get to the sideline and downfield on you.

4. Tuli Tuipulotu - DE - USC: Improved every year for the Trojans. Coming off a monster 13.5 sack / 22 TFL season. Would be a great presence on this defense.

We need a disruptive edge player and he fits the mold perfectly. Should compliment Walker and Fatukasi early as a rookie.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-25-2023, 02:22 PM)Caldrac Wrote: 1. O'Cyrus Torrence - G - Florida: Whopper of a lineman with really, really good feet. Would improve the left side immediately across the board. Could see him and Little in the future being a straight menace to defenses for years to come.

2. Michael Mayer - TE - Notre Dame: Was probably snubbed of the Mackey award. Statistically better than Bowers. Will be a Heath Miller type player in the NFL.

Not a bad comparison for me. Just a fluid route runner that's going to earn his paycheck working the middle of defenses.

3. Jalin Hyatt - WR - Tennessee: Big time playmaker. Had a monster year. Even with Ridley in the fold it never hurts having speed on offense.

Can take the top off a defense or take a quick screen and toast you down the seams or get to the sideline and downfield on you.

4. Tuli Tuipulotu - DE - USC: Improved every year for the Trojans. Coming off a monster 13.5 sack / 22 TFL season. Would be a great presence on this defense.

We need a disruptive edge player and he fits the mold perfectly. Should compliment Walker and Fatukasi early as a rookie.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Thanks for getting us back on topic, although the Donald discussion was "interesting." Hyatt and Tuipulotu are nice additions to this list. Both would have a lot to offer. It amazes me how many very good options the Jaguars should have at 24 in this draft. They should have little trouble finding quality starters/upgrades not only in round 1, but also rounds 2 and quite possibly round 3. Free agency will certainly impact the Jaguars' final Big Board, but the 9 players mentioned so far would all be excellent additions to the Jags.

I like the addition of Hyatt