Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The NFL Combine - 2023

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2023, 10:03 AM by Caldrac. Edited 2 times in total.)

The NFL Combine is coming up next week. Below is the current dates/positional groups expected to start. Drills start at 2:00 PM on Thursday and Friday while the weekend drills will start at 12:00 PM. 

Thursday - March 2nd - DL/LB 
Friday - March 3rd - DB
Saturday - March 4th - QB/WR/TE
Sunday - March 5th - RB/OL 

Who are some of your players from each group you're most interested in seeing test out? Below are mine.

DL:
Gervon Dexter
Will McDonald IV
Mazi Smith
Tuli Tuipulotu
Zach Harrison 

LB:
Nick Herbig
Noah Sewell
Trenton Simpson

DB:
Brian Branch
Jordan Battle
Mekhi Blackmon
Riley Moss
Garrett Williams 
Trey Dean III
JL Skinner III

QB:
Max Duggan
Will Levis
Anthony Richardson
Hendon Hooker
Tanner McKee

WR:
Jake Bobo
AT Perry
Ronnie Bell
Dontay Demus Jr.
Xavier Hutchinson
Jalin Hyatt
Andrei Iosivas
Trey Palmer
Dontayvion Wicks

TE:
Davis Allen
Noah Gindorff
Darnell Washington
Tucker Kraft
Dalton Kincaid
Zack Kuntz
Will Mallory 
Josh Whyle

RB:
Eric Gray
Kenny McIntosh
Keaton Mitchell
Deuce Vaughn

OL:
Alan Ali
Steve Avila
Anton Harrison
Cody Mauch
O'Cyrus Torrence
Jarrett Patterson
Olu Oluwatimi
Luke Wypler
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I like the production Tuipulotu had. With that said nothing jumps out physically to me when watching him. His combine is one of the players I will be watching the most. If he has a good combine my opinion will change on him. PFF doesn't even have him in their top 100 players, which I wouldn't go that far, nothing just jumped out to me with him. A couple other players I'm most excited for is Kancey, Torrence, Van Ness, Mayer, Uzomah. And Chris Smith. I'm hoping Mayer can run under a 4.7 to solidify the top TE spot for me.

(02-26-2023, 10:02 AM)Caldrac Wrote: The NFL Combine is coming up next week. Below is the current dates/positional groups expected to start. Drills start at 2:00 PM on Thursday and Friday while the weekend drills will start at 12:00 PM. 

Thursday - March 2nd - DL/LB 
Friday - March 3rd - DB
Saturday - March 4th - QB/WR/TE
Sunday - March 5th - RB/OL 

Who are some of your players from each group you're most interested in seeing test out? Below are mine.

DL:
Gervon Dexter
Will McDonald IV
Mazi Smith
Tuli Tuipulotu
Zach Harrison 

LB:
Nick Herbig
Noah Sewell
Trenton Simpson

DB:
Brian Branch
Jordan Battle
Mekhi Blackmon
Riley Moss
Garrett Williams 
Trey Dean III
JL Skinner III

QB:
Max Duggan
Will Levis
Anthony Richardson
Hendon Hooker
Tanner McKee

WR:
Jake Bobo
AT Perry
Ronnie Bell
Dontay Demus Jr.
Xavier Hutchinson
Jalin Hyatt
Andrei Iosivas
Trey Palmer
Dontayvion Wicks

TE:
Davis Allen
Noah Gindorff
Darnell Washington
Tucker Kraft
Dalton Kincaid
Zack Kuntz
Will Mallory 
Josh Whyle

RB:
Eric Gray
Kenny McIntosh
Keaton Mitchell
Deuce Vaughn

OL:
Alan Ali
Steve Avila
Anton Harrison
Cody Mauch
O'Cyrus Torrence
Jarrett Patterson
Olu Oluwatimi
Luke Wypler

Of the players you listed, I'll be interested in Torrence and Branch since both are likely to be high on the Jaguars list of possible round 1 selections. Others I'll be interested in from your list are Demus and Iosvias as potential receivers due to their size and speed respectively; both might be mid-round  value picks.

The position groups I'll be most interested in watching are Edge rusher, tight end and cornerback. From these positions, I'll be most interested in watching Anudike-Uzomah, Darnell Washington and Clark Phillips III. I'd love to see any of these 3 players fall to the Jaguars in round 2 and their performances this week will have a lot to say about whether that will happen. Naturally, I hope they do well this week, but if their measurables far exceed expectations there would be no way they fall to pick 56.

It will also be informative to see which players they choose to interview. This will give us a better idea on potential draft targets.

Of course Young is a little [BLEEP] and wont throw. He'll just bloat himself to try and make himself look bigger than he is and continue to rely on the talent around him at Bama, making him look better than he is.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1630161534650396672

Not surprising... Dude with workout/motor questions doesn't want to workout, or test his motor.
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...1258324994

(02-27-2023, 08:01 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Of course Young is a little [BLEEP] and wont throw. He'll just bloat himself to try and make himself look bigger than he is and continue to rely on the talent around him at Bama, making him look better than he is.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1630161534650396672

I'm taking Young over Stroud all day.

Richardson needs a QB guru. I like the idea the idea of Det. taking him, sitting a year and learning under Goff.

Will McDonald looked good. As well as Lukas Van Ness.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Cool stuff to see
https://twitter.com/BrooksAustinBA/statu...4317308928

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2023, 09:33 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1631...35521?s=20

https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1631...52288?s=20

https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1631...97632?s=20

Foskey one of the biggest winners for me and a real possibility for us at 24. He was one of the guys I really wanted to see test. Had the production and now the top tier athletic ability to match

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2023, 09:42 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

I can see baalke falling in love with this guy
https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1631...86656?s=20

https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1631...26144?s=20

This is why Baalke doesn't need to just look at RAS and just use it as a small piece of the puzzle

https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1631...30946?s=20

https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1631...00736?s=20

I was very high on Brown when he came out and didn't let his horrible le combine scare me

https://ras.football/2020/01/13/orlando-brown-ras/?amp

Hall another winner for me. Could be a possible day 2 pick for us
https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1631...80646?s=20

DBs today

(02-27-2023, 09:28 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Richardson needs a QB guru.  I like the idea the idea of Det. taking him, sitting a year and learning under Goff.

Sure, but does that mean you're telling Goff he's only there until Richardson is ready?

(03-03-2023, 10:55 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: DBs today

Should be good to see. Expect a lot of 4.3 - high end 4.4 guys. I think from yesterday's run Dexter, Van Ness & McDonald impressed me the most. McDonald was also working through what appears to be flu like symptoms, he was in and out of the bathroom all week blowing it out from both ends. Props that he still participated to the best of his abilities. 

Dexter was a guy I would have wanted in RD3. He probably just bumped himself into the RD2 discussion for sure with his measurables and performance. Good for him. Sucks for us.

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2023, 11:26 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-03-2023, 11:19 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-03-2023, 10:55 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: DBs today

Should be good to see. Expect a lot of 4.3 - high end 4.4 guys. I think from yesterday's run Dexter, Van Ness & McDonald impressed me the most. McDonald was also working through what appears to be flu like symptoms, he was in and out of the bathroom all week blowing it out from both ends. Props that he still participated to the best of his abilities. 

Dexter was a guy I would have wanted in RD3. He probably just bumped himself into the RD2 discussion for sure with his measurables and performance. Good for him. Sucks for us.

It's a bit of a red flag for me that McDonald didn't do any agility testing. I can't say say he impressed me the most when he didn't even do any

(03-03-2023, 11:25 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-03-2023, 11:19 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Should be good to see. Expect a lot of 4.3 - high end 4.4 guys. I think from yesterday's run Dexter, Van Ness & McDonald impressed me the most. McDonald was also working through what appears to be flu like symptoms, he was in and out of the bathroom all week blowing it out from both ends. Props that he still participated to the best of his abilities. 

It's a bit of a red flag for me that McDonald didn't do any agility testing.  I can't say say he impressed me the most when he didn't even do any

That doesn't concern me knowing that he was shooting rocket yahoo out of his [BLEEP] all week and throwing up. I think if you put the tape on him you'll see plenty of agility at work. He's a very, very sound technician in the pass rushing department. He's not just a one trick pony where you'll see him just go to a bullrush or a spin move every time. He's got good bend. I would take him in a heartbeat in RD2.

(03-03-2023, 11:30 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-03-2023, 11:25 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It's a bit of a red flag for me that McDonald didn't do any agility testing.  I can't say say he impressed me the most when he didn't even do any

That doesn't concern me knowing that he was shooting rocket yahoo out of his [BLEEP] all week and throwing up. I think if you put the tape on him you'll see plenty of agility at work. He's a very, very sound technician in the pass rushing department. He's not just a one trick pony where you'll see him just go to a bullrush or a spin move every time. He's got good bend. I would take him in a heartbeat in RD2.

I like McDonald, if he is sick id have him do them at his Pro day.  His size is his biggest concern for me 239 is light

(03-03-2023, 11:42 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-03-2023, 11:30 AM)Caldrac Wrote: That doesn't concern me knowing that he was shooting rocket yahoo out of his [BLEEP] all week and throwing up. I think if you put the tape on him you'll see plenty of agility at work. He's a very, very sound technician in the pass rushing department. He's not just a one trick pony where you'll see him just go to a bullrush or a spin move every time. He's got good bend. I would take him in a heartbeat in RD2.

I like McDonald, if he is sick id have him do them at his Pro day.  His size is his biggest concern for me 239 is light

Not a concern to me there neither. Again, probably came in light from having flu like symptoms all week. It just blows my mind, and I am not saying you in particular, but, it just blows my mind that people are hyped up on Nolan Smith because of his 40 time. 

He's also very, very light for a linebacker. Also, that speed never showed up at Georgia as he only put up a poultry 9 career sacks around a loaded defense over the last four years. A back to back Championship team at that. He's fast, that's great. He's also too light and can't stay healthy. 

He's going to get swallowed up by lineman in the NFL. I hope we don't draft him. This is coming from, again, a Bulldogs fan. Just don't see the allure there with him.