Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The NFL Combine - 2023

(03-05-2023, 10:54 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-04-2023, 11:33 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Darnell Washington flashed his range today. Probably the most complete TE in this class.

This is a really good TE class. It's a class where I wouldn't mind them double dipping. Especially if Kuntz, LaPorta or Mallory are there in RD3/RD4.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Yeah, Washington is a dominant blocker and he tested much better than I thought he would.  If Georgia didn't have one of the best TEs of the last decade Washington would of put up better numbers.  With how good Doug is at using his TE I could see Washington in this offense being a monster and future All Pro.  He's also that huge redzone target we are missing.  I think he passed Mayer for me although I still really like Mayer.  Washington would be very scary in this offense and I think us drafting him is likely if he's there at 24
Moving a player up or down because of combine numbers…. Nah couldn’t be!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2023, 11:26 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-05-2023, 11:14 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-05-2023, 10:54 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yeah, Washington is a dominant blocker and he tested much better than I thought he would.  If Georgia didn't have one of the best TEs of the last decade Washington would of put up better numbers.  With how good Doug is at using his TE I could see Washington in this offense being a monster and future All Pro.  He's also that huge redzone target we are missing.  I think he passed Mayer for me although I still really like Mayer.  Washington would be very scary in this offense and I think us drafting him is likely if he's there at 24
Moving a player up or down because of combine numbers…. Nah couldn’t be!

?  I can tell you're new to this

https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/...39075?s=20

https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1632...66723?s=20

I was already high on Washington and knew he was athletic but I didn't think he would kill it like this. He was rumored to run a 4.8 lol. Washington would be a huge plus for Etienne as well with his dominant blicking

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2023, 11:30 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1632181022887403520?s=20

Hahahaha. We need that extra lineman
https://twitter.com/jontweetssports/stat...70436?s=20

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2023, 11:34 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Actually a 9.9
https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1632...71840?s=20

https://twitter.com/_cjunior96/status/16...33792?s=20

Darnell Washington is this year's Jelani Woods. Since he played at Georgia though and helped two national football teams he's a lot, lot better. His blocking is fantastic. He just showed off his speed and catching abilities. He'll probably be a late RD1 selection for some team. He's the most balanced player of his group.

I also think Mallory and Kuntz came out of the combine with higher stock. Not surprising. These are the types of players I like looking for when researching draft classes. Hard not to like Mallory's skillset and consistency for the Hurricanes. Also a local kid here and his Dad is a football coach at the moment in Denver if I am not mistaken. That's a player you can add to your depth and not lose any sleep over.

Kuntz is basically Washington hands wise and range wise. Just slighter in frame and a true project. Again, somebody I would take in RD4 and trust this coaching staff to get creative with. If we walked out of this draft with Mayer/Washington early and Mallory/LaPorta/Kuntz later? We added a lot of depth and big play ability to the TE group to go along with Engram.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2023, 11:39 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Damn, Musgrave 7 out of 1020 RAS

Musgrave would be a great pick as well. This TE class might be the best I've see

https://twitter.com/ugandasjoy01/status/...81219?s=20

Please, can we finally draft s top TE? I have been waiting for us to finally do that for years.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2023, 02:32 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

I kinda want this guy the more i think what Doug and Trevor can do with him lol. Future All Pro in this offense

https://youtu.be/Sks7xuqZ584

Some impressive stats some guys are putting up at the combine, but not sure how much that will translate into them being good NFL players. Which I am aware that is always the case.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2023, 08:47 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-05-2023, 10:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-scouti...rick-jones

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1632...32898?s=20

I would take Washington 24th overall and Kuntz 121st overall and be done with it. 

Engram
Washington
Farrell
Kuntz

That's a very intriguing TE group on paper. Washington, again, great blocker right off the bat. Could see him being a pain in the [BLEEP] with that early on during his career and then he gets those screen plays out in the flat after releasing from a block. 

Kuntz is just a guy to develop along nice and easy behind Washington. I think the NFL speed will take time for both guys to catch onto but Kuntz is coming up from Old Dominion. Might take him a little longer but I like some of those plays Pederson ran with Arnold last year where he got Lawrence moving from left to right in a bootleg play. I could see Kuntz getting those exact plays in 2023.

We can use the 56th and 88th pick to probably backfill at IDL/Nickel CB. If they opt to go guard on the opening night of the draft that's fine. I would encourage them to "reach" a little though at 56 and take LaPorta, an equally good TE that has basically a Kittle look and feel to him with his ability to break tackles. 

Wouldn't rule out Tucker Kraft with the 88th pick as well if this team goes heavy defensively again in RD1 and RD2. Washington and Kuntz fit that "big man" mold that Baalke covets though.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-06-2023, 08:46 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-05-2023, 10:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-scouti...rick-jones

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1632...32898?s=20

I would take Washington 24th overall and Kuntz 121st overall and be done with it. 

Engram
Washington
Farrell
Kuntz

That's a very intriguing TE group on paper. Washington, again, great blocker right off the bat. Could see him being a pain in the [BLEEP] with that early on during his career and then he gets those screen plays out in the flat after releasing from a block. 

Kuntz is just a guy to develop along nice and easy behind Washington. I think the NFL speed will take time for both guys to catch onto but Kuntz is coming up from Old Dominion. Might take him a little longer but I like some of those plays Pederson ran with Arnold last year where he got Lawrence moving from left to right in a bootleg play. I could see Kuntz getting those exact plays in 2023.

We can use the 56th and 88th pick to probably backfill at IDL/Nickel CB. If they opt to go guard on the opening night of the draft that's fine. I would encourage them to "reach" a little though at 56 and take LaPorta, an equally good TE that has basically a Kittle look and feel to him with his ability to break tackles. 

Wouldn't rule out Tucker Kraft with the 88th pick as well if this team goes heavy defensively again in RD1 and RD2. Washington and Kuntz fit that "big man" mold that Baalke covets though.

Another reason I'm leaning towards Washington is because we need help on the oline and at TE, Washington gives us help at both.  He would huge in short yardage situations whether he's sealing the edge or we use playaction and throw it up to him or he he just runs a few yards, turns around and blocks his guy out of the paint like Gates used to do.  I could see him being like Antonio Gates

(03-06-2023, 08:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-06-2023, 08:46 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I would take Washington 24th overall and Kuntz 121st overall and be done with it. 

Engram
Washington
Farrell
Kuntz

Another reason I'm leaning towards Washington is because we need help on the oline and at TE, Washington gives us help at both.  He would huge in short yardage situations whether he's sealing the edge or we use playaction and throw it up to him or he he just runs a few yards, turns around and blocks his guy out of the paint like Gates used to do.  I could see him being like Antonio Gates

Same. He's a big body and twitch athlete. All he has to do is post up somewhere and wait on the 50/50 pass which is more like a 60/40 or 70/30 with this size and radius. 

He's a good pick in the first round. Because of his athletic ability and blocking ability. It sucks but he'll probably be the first TE taken off the board now. Wouldn't put it past Belichick to take him. He had Benjamin Watson back in the day. Another twitch athlete at that time for his size. 

This allows him to move on from those TE contracts he signed up Henry and that other guy for two years ago.