Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2nd round options?

Who are some of your top guys you think will be available with our 2nd round pick or maybe even a few spots ahead of us?   I think our 2nd round pick will be our best spot to move up from if we want to add another possible starter next year.  I'll list mine when I leave the gym

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2023, 11:12 AM by Caldrac.)

Derick Hall from Auburn at DE and Christopher Smith at S from Georgia on defense.

Dawand Jones at OT from Ohio St. and also Blake Freeland at OT from BYU.

My hopeful falls or wishful thinking prospects there though would be Emmanuel Forbes at CB from Mississippi St. and Jalin Hyatt at WR from Tennessee.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-11-2023, 10:53 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Who are some of your top guys you think will be available with our 2nd round pick or maybe even a few spots ahead of us?   I think our 2nd round pick will be our best spot to move up from if we want to add another possible starter next year.  I'll list mine when I leave the gym

These are my 2nd round targets by position:

OL: Cody Mauch, Matthew Bergeron, Steve Avila,Anton Harrison

Edge: Will McDonald, Derrick Hall, B.J. Ojulari, Felix Anudike-Uzomah

Nickel/CB: Clark Phillips, Julius Brents, Antonio Johnson

DL: Mazi Smith

I'd be thrilled with any of these guys in round 2. I believe the best value in this round will be at Edge and nickel/corner. I don't believe I'd trade up in this round since I'd expect at least one of these players to fall to the Jaguars. I'd be most likely to trade both 4th rounders to move up to the 3rd round if there is a player they really like at that spot. Tight ends Tucker Kraft and Sam LaPorta are 2 players I'd trade up into round 3 to get. Both have excellent potential and are likely to be gone by pick 88.

(03-11-2023, 11:12 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Derick Hall from Auburn at DE and Christopher Smith at S from Georgia on defense.

Dawand Jones at OT from Ohio St. and also Blake Freeland at OT from BYU.

My hopeful falls or wishful thinking prospects there though would be Emmanuel Forbes at CB from Mississippi St. and Jalin Hyatt at WR from Tennessee.

Forbes is definitely a guy who could be a steal in round 2. His small stature is the only reason he could drop to the Jaguars.I'd be worried that he'd be prone to injuries at less than 170 pounds, but his ball skills are undeniable. Hyatt would be another tough call since the Jaguars seem to be set at wide receiver. Ridley is certainly not a guarantee to become the deep threat this team lacks, but I'd be hesitant to take Hyatt when there are likely to be other players available who have similar value and play at a position of need (OL, nickel, TE, Edge). That being said, I wouldn't "hate" it if they took Hyatt since his speed is incredible.

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2023, 12:34 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Id love Hyatt in the 2nd I just dont think there is any chance he makes it to our pick. Same with Harrison, would be a steal if either made it to our pick. I think both could easily go in the first and if they made it to the 2nd we would likely have to trade up a good bit.

Keion White, Uzomah, Drew Sanders, Clark Phillips, Avila, and Sydney Brown are my top guys for the 2nd who i think of a good chance of being there or falling close to our pick, in no order. Sydney Brown might even be my favorite safety in the whole draft. I think he could be a star. If Darnell Wright, Dawand Jones, or Schwartz fell Id be happy with either of those as well but I dont think either make it close to our pick.

Forbes is a interception machine but at 166 lbs? Dude is thin as a rail.

DJ Turner is another I think we should take a hard look at if at our pick in the 2nd

(03-11-2023, 11:56 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(03-11-2023, 10:53 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Who are some of your top guys you think will be available with our 2nd round pick or maybe even a few spots ahead of us?   I think our 2nd round pick will be our best spot to move up from if we want to add another possible starter next year.  I'll list mine when I leave the gym

These are my 2nd round targets by position:

OL: Cody Mauch, Matthew Bergeron, Steve Avila,Anton Harrison

Edge: Will McDonald, Derrick Hall, B.J. Ojulari, Felix Anudike-Uzomah

Nickel/CB: Clark Phillips, Julius Brents, Antonio Johnson

DL: Mazi Smith

I'd be thrilled with any of these guys in round 2. I believe the best value in this round will be at Edge and nickel/corner. I don't believe I'd trade up in this round since I'd expect at least one of these players to fall to the Jaguars. I'd be most likely to trade both 4th rounders to move up to the 3rd round if there is a player they really like at that spot. Tight ends Tucker Kraft and Sam LaPorta are 2 players I'd trade up into round 3 to get. Both have excellent potential and are likely to be gone by pick 88.
Good choices here. Cody Mauch would be my pick from this list and I already have his name inked and ready to go in RD2.

Really great football player. Has that TE background to him and can be not only a plug and play starter but he's versatile.

Would be thrilled with his selection behind Robinson and Little.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2023, 07:30 PM by Caldrac.)

(03-11-2023, 12:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Id love Hyatt in the 2nd I just dont think there is any chance he makes it to our pick. Same with Harrison, would be a steal if either made it to our pick. I think both could easily go in the first and if they made it to the 2nd we would likely have to trade up a good bit.

Keion White, Uzomah, Drew Sanders, Clark Phillips, Avila, and Sydney Brown are my top guys for the 2nd who i think of a good chance of being there or falling close to our pick, in no order. Sydney Brown might even be my favorite safety in the whole draft. I think he could be a star. If Darnell Wright, Dawand Jones, or Schwartz fell Id be happy with either of those as well but I dont think either make it close to our pick.

Forbes is a interception machine but at 166 lbs? Dude is thin as a rail.
Yeah Forbes is interesting. He caught my attention randomly last year. I was walking in from yard work and he had just jumped a route for a pick six and then the commentators noted he had the NCAA record or at least a conference record.

Immediately thought of Trevon Diggs. That gambler mentality but more confident that his instincts are right more times than not. His frame is something he can work towards building up in 2023.

Second best bet for me is Riley Moss. Was high on him long before the combine. Fits a need at nickle and I think he's a guy you need to consider at 88 if he's on the board.

He's a "crackerback". You just don't see that many white guys playing CB in the NFL. His combine performance matches up with his production though. I don't think it's a fluke. I hope he gets a fair shake at CB by any team that lands him before they decide to pencil him at Safety.

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2023, 10:16 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-11-2023, 07:30 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-11-2023, 12:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Id love Hyatt in the 2nd I just dont think there is any chance he makes it to our pick. Same with Harrison, would be a steal if either made it to our pick.  I think both could easily go in the first and if they made it to the 2nd we would likely have to trade up a good bit. 

Keion White, Uzomah, Drew Sanders, Clark Phillips, Avila, and Sydney Brown are my top guys for the 2nd who i think of a good chance of being there or falling close to our pick, in no order.  Sydney Brown might even be my favorite safety in the whole draft.  I think he could be a star.  If Darnell Wright, Dawand Jones, or Schwartz fell Id be happy with either of those as well but I dont think either make it close to our pick.

Forbes is a interception machine but at 166 lbs?  Dude is thin as a rail.
Yeah Forbes is interesting. He caught my attention randomly last year. I was walking in from yard work and he had just jumped a route for a pick six and then the commentators noted he had the NCAA record or at least a conference record.

Immediately thought of Trevon Diggs. That gambler mentality but more confident that his instincts are right more times than not. His frame is something he can work towards building up in 2023.

Second best bet for me is Riley Moss. Was high on him long before the combine. Fits a need at nickle and I think he's a guy you need to consider at 88 if he's on the board.

He's a "crackerback". You just don't see that many white guys playing CB in the NFL. His combine performance matches up with his production though. I don't think it's a fluke. I hope he gets a fair shake at CB by any team that lands him before they decide to pencil him at Safety.

What do you think about Sidney Brown?  It's funny to me that my first thought when watching him was dude looks like Troy Polamalu and a few others even mentioned it as well.  I'd rather Brown in the 2nd than Branch in the first.  I really like Branch but I wouldn't take him over Torrence or Washington.  Brown has great ball skills for a safety, a good tackler and also runs a 4.4.  He's all over the place. I honestly think he my top guy in the 2nd unless one of the guys we mentioned we didn't think would be there falls

(03-12-2023, 10:13 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-11-2023, 07:30 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Yeah Forbes is interesting. He caught my attention randomly last year. I was walking in from yard work and he had just jumped a route for a pick six and then the commentators noted he had the NCAA record or at least a conference record.

What do you think about Sidney Brown?  It's funny to me that my first thought when watching him was dude looks like Troy Polamalu and a few others even mentioned it as well.  I'd rather Brown in the 2nd than Branch in the first.  I really like Branch but I wouldn't take him over Torrence or Washington.  Brown has great ball skills for a safety, a good tackler and also runs a 4.4.  He's all over the place. I honestly think he my top guy in the 2nd unless one of the guys we mentioned we didn't think would be there falls
Good sleeper pick there. Plays zone well. I wouldn't mind the pick.

If we pass on Torrance, I want Avila.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]