Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NCAA Tournament

Wow.  Some crazy upsets already.  A 13, 15, and 16 seed win already.  Also got a 12 but for some reason that 12 seed is the lucky one and you have at least one advance in at least one game every year.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The upsets are what makes college playoff basketball so much fun.  Anything can happen when a team gets hot, and they play their hearts out every game.  No overpaid NBA crybabies here!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Kansas goes down. The Kansas player was supposed to miss that second free throw in order to set up a rebound and score. Instead he banked it in.

With my Tar Heels not even making it, I have not watched one minute of this. However, I despise Duke, Kansas, and Kentucky haha so glad they are out; don't really care now who wins it.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

As a Kentucky fan, today's result wasn't entirely unexpected. Even though they're absolute monsters on the boards, they've been a middling team all season. Couple that with their inability to buy a 3-point shot today and stop K-State's transition game in the 2nd half, the result was a given. At least they made it past the first round.

Oh, and screw the Tar Heels!  Tongue

(03-19-2023, 06:09 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: As a Kentucky fan, today's result wasn't entirely unexpected. Even though they're absolute monsters on the boards, they've been a middling team all season. Couple that with their inability to buy a 3-point shot today and stop K-State's transition game in the 2nd half, the result was a given. At least they made it past the first round.

Is KY still doing that one-and-done stuff?  Where players come for one year and go pro?

(03-19-2023, 06:10 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-19-2023, 06:09 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: As a Kentucky fan, today's result wasn't entirely unexpected. Even though they're absolute monsters on the boards, they've been a middling team all season. Couple that with their inability to buy a 3-point shot today and stop K-State's transition game in the 2nd half, the result was a given. At least they made it past the first round.

Is KY still doing that one-and-done stuff?  Where players come for one year and go pro?

Yes, but not as much. Have you seen the AT&T commercial referencing that?

What is Jacob Toppin doing in an AT&T commercial? Kentucky player explains the process. (msn.com)

I havent seen all the remaining 16 teams in action yet, but Arkansas, Gonzaga and San Diego State look like they could go deep. Princeton stays alive. And Bama is beatable.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(03-19-2023, 06:10 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

KY is doing what everyone else is doing.  Trying to recruit the best players in HS and the Transfer Portal.  If they so happen to depart after 1 year then it's pretty much common with other elite blue bloods.  The problem with KY is that some top HS players are going to the NBA developmental league AND a lot of NCAA teams have enhanced recruiting with NIL and simply visibility of the Big12 and such so KY, Duke, and UNC don't control the recruiting.  KY did hit it big in the portal with Oscar Tshiebwe from WVU, otherwise, they would have been a lot worse and likely not made the tourney this year.

It should be noted that Calipari has only won 1 title at KY and that was in 2012 so as successful as he has been it just demonstrates the level of difficulty it takes to win the tourney multiple times since the NBA allowed players to declare for the draft after 1 year.

(03-20-2023, 12:03 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(03-19-2023, 06:10 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Is KY still doing that one-and-done stuff?  Where players come for one year and go pro?

KY is doing what everyone else is doing.  Trying to recruit the best players in HS and the Transfer Portal.  If they so happen to depart after 1 year then it's pretty much common with other elite blue bloods.  The problem with KY is that some top HS players are going to the NBA developmental league AND a lot of NCAA teams have enhanced recruiting with NIL and simply visibility of the Big12 and such so KY, Duke, and UNC don't control the recruiting.  KY did hit it big in the portal with Oscar Tshiebwe from WVU, otherwise, they would have been a lot worse and likely not made the tourney this year.

It should be noted that Calipari has only won 1 title at KY and that was in 2012 so as successful as he has been it just demonstrates the level of difficulty it takes to win the tourney multiple times since the NBA allowed players to declare for the draft after 1 year.

Tshiebwe was definitely a blessing. 

College sports, especially basketball, has changed drastically over the last 10 years with one and done, transfer portals and NIL. In essence, it is openly embracing its historical purpose which is to groom prospective professional athletes. Student athletes who use their scholarships for actual scholastic achievement still make up a major portion of team rosters, but the prospective pros are being utilized for school branding and financial gain. 

I was initially opposed to all of this but it has grown on me. As long as most of the kids who have no opportunity to make the pros but have enough talent to get a scholarship and leverage that for academic achievement, I’m ok with it. It seems like a win-win.

First time ever that zero number one seeds are in the final eight.

(03-25-2023, 09:24 AM)RicoTx Wrote: First time ever that zero number one seeds are in the final eight.

My pick to win it all is Texas; just think they are the best team left in it even with the other games still to be played today.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

(03-25-2023, 04:09 PM)Butters Wrote:
(03-25-2023, 09:24 AM)RicoTx Wrote: First time ever that zero number one seeds are in the final eight.

My pick to win it all is Texas; just think they are the best team left in it even with the other games still to be played today.

I hope you’re right because I have them winning one my brackets.  Not sure if they can do it without Disu.

Also, how ‘bout those FAU Owls.

(03-25-2023, 08:37 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(03-25-2023, 04:09 PM)Butters Wrote: My pick to win it all is Texas; just think they are the best team left in it even with the other games still to be played today.

I hope you’re right because I have them winning one my brackets.  Not sure if they can do it without Disu.

Also, how ‘bout those FAU Owls.

FAU has been underrated all season tbh. On the Miami bandwagon now haha, didnt think they would get past Texas but they did.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2023, 10:21 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

Looks like its going to be SDSU against UCONN now, and if SDSU can manage to score 60-65 in any game, then they win it all. They are the best D in the nation at the moment. An ugly team to watch, but they get the job done. Kind of like those Knicks / Pistons teams in the late 80's that used to always beat up on MJ to win.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

HOLYYY COWWW

Heartbroken..

Not an FAU fan, but was pullin for them..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

I’ve been pulling for SDSU since they made the second round. Scrappy team.