Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Khan: "Baalke, Pederson, Lawrence = Trifecta"

(04-16-2023, 10:51 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(04-07-2023, 06:18 PM)Dimson Wrote: There is literally a banner on the top of the page saying there are known issues, lol.

I typed out that second sentence for people like you.

Are you talking about people who think you should read the banner at the top of the site when you can't access the site?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

https://twitter.com/gmfb/status/16483120...79138?s=20

I love this comparison.

I didn’t know where else to put this. 

A word of thanks to Jacksonville from Tony Boselli.

https://jacksonville-fl.newsmemory.com/?...db_134ab3e

Let me ask a question about Baalke’s picks. Exactly one year ago, how did you feel about Baalke’s 2021 class? I personally thought Trevor would improve under Doug. Cisco looked promising. ETN was a disappointment based on his injury. Walker was unproven. Only Campbell looked really good.

The reason I ask this question is because I’m getting the same vibes from the 2022 class. A lot of players with potential, but no one really stood out.

(04-26-2023, 08:30 PM)GaJag Wrote: Let me ask a question about Baalke’s picks. Exactly one year ago, how did you feel about Baalke’s 2021 class? I personally thought Trevor would improve under Doug. Cisco looked promising. ETN was a disappointment based on his injury. Walker was unproven. Only Campbell looked really good.

The reason I ask this question is because I’m getting the same vibes from the 2022 class. A lot of players with potential, but no one really stood out.

Walker and Lloyd flashed early, but yeah, same deal.

Patience required.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2023, 01:46 AM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-26-2023, 08:30 PM)GaJag Wrote: Let me ask a question about Baalke’s picks. Exactly one year ago, how did you feel about Baalke’s 2021 class? I personally thought Trevor would improve under Doug. Cisco looked promising. ETN was a disappointment based on his injury. Walker was unproven. Only Campbell looked really good.

?

Tyson Campbell is a borderline top 10 CB
Travis ETN in his first actual season playing looked like a top 10 RB
Cisco looked pretty good, but was also playing essentially his first season since Meyer didn't want to play him the year prior for whatever reason. 
Walker Little has looked pretty good aswell, and he missed A LOT of football prior to joining the jaguars, so him taking a little longer to make a real impact should be expected.

I hear you on the '22 class, but 2021's class gave us some real talent and they definitely stood out. And that's not even including Trevor, but I guess being the first overall pick nobody will ever credit Balke for that. Tho theres no telling, maybe he had to talk Urban out of taking Kadarius Toney at 1 for all we know LOL.

(04-26-2023, 09:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Walker and Lloyd flashed early, but yeah, same deal.

Patience required.

Not sure what happened with Lloyd throughout the season, but he is extremely talented and I don't doubt he'll eventually live up to his draft status. Walker on the other hand, much like the other Walker (little) is extremely Raw so time will tell on that one.

So far what Baalkes done hasn't impressed me. Sure hes found a few decent players, but any competent GM should be able in the first 3 or so rounds like he has. I'm not saying he isn't good, I'm just not convinced yet. His first year was a disaster and obviously most of that is because of Urban. But one thing that does stand out, is how much better this team became last year. The biggest addition was Pederson. I just have a hard time crediting Baalke, when you could literally feel everything change once Pederson took over. Regardless I'm just happy we are competitive and hope it continues.
In Dougie I Trust!

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2023, 05:31 PM by Thewitnessofsolinvictus. Edited 1 time in total.)

Good moves last night. What will he do with the compensation? I'm hoping more weapons for The King.

Doug Pederson was ranked as the most positive head coach in the NFL (usatoday.com)

Doug Pederson was ranked as the most well-perceived NFL head coach, according to research collected by Betway.com.

The online gambling company compiled a list based on tweets containing names of head coaches and averaged the "positivite online sentiment score" based upon the amount of positive things that were said about each coach...

(05-21-2023, 09:11 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Doug Pederson was ranked as the most positive head coach in the NFL (usatoday.com)

Doug Pederson was ranked as the most well-perceived NFL head coach, according to research collected by Betway.com.

The online gambling company compiled a list based on tweets containing names of head coaches and averaged the "positivite online sentiment score" based upon the amount of positive things that were said about each coach...

"Pug Dederson's stench precedes him on the practice field"

Another positive review!!

Big Grin