Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cam Robinson- Suspended (merged)

(05-16-2023, 01:37 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(05-16-2023, 10:57 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Regarding the bolded text - yes, it is convenient that way. Good point, but I'd add the disclaimer that if the details of his suspension and offense turn out to show he did something very selfish and irresponsible, then it will overshadow that "convenience" to some degree.

Yes, I'd like to see him compete at LG, but I'm not optimistic about him suddenly doing a 180 degree turn on his arrogant  little "I only play LT" song and dance.

Any LT would say the same thing.  No LT wants to move to OG or RT.  There's huge amounts of money involved.

I would think it would be in Cam's best interest from a financial standpoint to play OG or RT this year rather than sit the bench.  As long as he is under his current contract, he gets paid the same either way.  If he's thinking about his next contract, teams have plenty of game tape of Cam playing left tackle.  If they want him as a left tackle, they'll make him an offer as a left tackle.  As such, no harm done.  It actually might be a slight advantage financially to play some OG/RT as some teams might see additional value in Cam's versatility and willingness to be a team player.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-19-2023, 02:24 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(05-16-2023, 01:37 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Any LT would say the same thing.  No LT wants to move to OG or RT.  There's huge amounts of money involved.

I would think it would be in Cam's best interest from a financial standpoint to play OG or RT this year rather than sit the bench.  As long as he is under his current contract, he gets paid the same either way.  If he's thinking about his next contract, teams have plenty of game tape of Cam playing left tackle.  If they want him as a left tackle, they'll make him an offer as a left tackle.  As such, no harm done.  It actually might be a slight advantage financially to play some OG/RT as some teams might see additional value in Cam's versatility and willingness to be a team player.

I agree with this. I always felt that when Taylor came back in after getting nicked up in that last KC game he got the chief's attention. It may have actually been a deciding factor in their offer.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

His ars is going to be a starting RT or sitting on the bench. The rook can be the backup RT, LT or G.

Walker is our starting LT. We didn't miss a beat with Walker starting against good defensive sides (Jets, Titans, Chiefs)
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

(05-20-2023, 02:45 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: His ars is going to be a starting RT or sitting on the bench.  The rook can be the backup RT, LT or G.

Walker is our starting LT.  We didn't miss a beat with Walker starting against good defensive sides (Jets, Titans, Chiefs)
And what do you do if Harrison is playing really well at RT for the first 6 games?

(05-20-2023, 04:30 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-20-2023, 02:45 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: His ars is going to be a starting RT or sitting on the bench.  The rook can be the backup RT, LT or G.

Walker is our starting LT.  We didn't miss a beat with Walker starting against good defensive sides (Jets, Titans, Chiefs)
And what do you do if Harrison is playing really well at RT for the first 6 games?

If it ain't broke...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Celebrate?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

If all goes well, Cam never takes another snap for this team again (at least as a starting OT) and is released in the off season to free up some $$.

If we're winning with Little and the Rookie at OT, there's absolutely no reason for Cam to be put back into the starting line up after his suspension is over.

Then it will be Harrison’s job.

(05-20-2023, 09:23 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

If all goes well, Cam never takes another snap for this team again (at least as a starting OT) and is released in the off season to free up some $$.

If we're winning with Little and the Rookie at OT, there's absolutely no reason for Cam to be put back into the starting line up after his suspension is over.
I’m definitely of the mindset that barring injury, Cam will never take another snap for the Jags.

@Well Scherff will be hurt by then so....@

/knocks on every piece of wood he can find

(05-22-2023, 07:57 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-20-2023, 04:30 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: And what do you do if Harrison is playing really well at RT for the first 6 games?

@Well Scherff will be hurt by then so....@

/knocks on every piece of wood he can find

[Image: giphy.gif]

(05-20-2023, 10:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-20-2023, 09:23 PM)Eric1 Wrote: If all goes well, Cam never takes another snap for this team again (at least as a starting OT) and is released in the off season to free up some $$.

I’m definitely of the mindset that barring injury, Cam will never take another snap for the Jags.

What are the odds that neither tackle takes an injury during the 17 game season?

Cam is better than anyone that would back up Walker or the Rookie.    I doubt seriously that we don't see Cam play for this team again.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!