Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cam Robinson- Suspended (merged)

Can I start a thread on this topic too?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

was it deer antler spray?

1st round OT incoming?

(04-27-2023, 08:34 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I’m of the opinion that they should just let the guys do this.  [BLEEP] it.  Level the playing field.  What the hell, they’re all doing it anyway.  If these guys want to kill themselves…[BLEEP] it, go for it.

PEDs are far less dangerous than actually playing professional football. Especially if used within reason.

That being said, I agree. They're all taking them to some degree anyway.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(04-27-2023, 09:39 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(04-27-2023, 08:34 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I’m of the opinion that they should just let the guys do this.  [BLEEP] it.  Level the playing field.  What the hell, they’re all doing it anyway.  If these guys want to kill themselves…[BLEEP] it, go for it.

PEDs are far less dangerous than actually playing professional football. Especially if used within reason.

That being said, I agree. They're all taking them to some degree anyway.

Far less dangerous?  LOL.  Maybe in the short term.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-27-2023, 09:36 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: 1st round OT incoming?

I could see it for sure. If they take one, I expect it to be a RT, not a LT.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Cupboard has to be really bare for me not to target a tackle @ 24

The people inside my radio say the Jaguars FO has known about this for a while. I’m sure there has been some strategic draft planning in the works as a result.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2023, 10:07 AM by NewJagsCity.)

What an idiot. If at all contractually possible, don't pay him.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Did the Jaguars know this was coming? Baalke's previous comments imply that they did. If that's the case, the team's Board will not change much with this news becoming official. Due to the importance of keeping Trevor upright, it wouldn't shock me if they consider moving up to take a tackle they may love. Problem is Wright, B. Jones and Johnson are all likely to go in the top 15-17 picks so the price would be steep. For that reason, I either take Harrison or trade up in round 2 to take the best remaining tackle (Mauch, D. Jones or Bergeron). Doing this and having Porter fall to 24 would be the best case scenario.

(04-27-2023, 10:08 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: Did the Jaguars know this was coming? Baalke's previous comments imply that they did. If that's the case, the team's Board will not change much with this news becoming official. Due to the importance of keeping Trevor upright, it wouldn't shock me if they consider moving up to take a tackle they may love. Problem is Wright, B. Jones and Johnson are all likely to go in the top 15-17 picks so the price would be steep. For that reason, I either take Harrison or trade up in round 2 to take the best remaining tackle (Mauch, D. Jones or Bergeron). Doing this and having Porter fall to 24 would be the best case scenario.

Of course they knew. I also agree. It should not change the big board. Long before this suspension was announced, we all knew due to his cap hit and his durability along with Taylor being lost to free agency that we had to have a swing tackle or offensive tackle in our plans. 

I don't think we'll be fortunate enough to land a top tier tackle being penciled in at 24. It's just the way it goes sometimes. We'll more than likely see Paris Johnson Jr., Broderick Jones and Darnell Washington well off the board by the time our pick is up to make. 

I think they're looking at edge rusher here or corner. As that was where almost all of their pre draft visits and interviews were dedicated to. We already had Walker Little planned to start this year. Whether it was LT or RT was up for debate because we don't know what they were going to do this summer competition wise. 

I think we can address the RT spot or swing tackle need tomorrow night or even early on Saturday. I am not sweating this too much at all. Between Pederson's play calling, our soft division and Lawrence's ability to read and release the ball fast. We can get by for a few weeks if needed. 

In the grand scheme of things though. Regardless of this suspension that was looming. Robinson was not in our long term plans.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Darkhorse 1st rounder could be OT Bergeron.

I definitely wouldn't reach for him at 24 but I could see them doing this.

We don’t have enough depth at tackle. Get a big ugly early.

(04-27-2023, 10:08 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: Did the Jaguars know this was coming? Baalke's previous comments imply that they did. If that's the case, the team's Board will not change much with this news becoming official. Due to the importance of keeping Trevor upright, it wouldn't shock me if they consider moving up to take a tackle they may love. Problem is Wright, B. Jones and Johnson are all likely to go in the top 15-17 picks so the price would be steep. For that reason, I either take Harrison or trade up in round 2 to take the best remaining tackle (Mauch, D. Jones or Bergeron). Doing this and having Porter fall to 24 would be the best case scenario.
Dilla knew on the 17th so I'm sure the Jags knew before that. They definitely already knew when Baalke and Pederson had their press conference.

As Paul Harvey said "and now we know the rest of the story" In Cam's case the PEDs may not have been to bulk up, rather increase recovery rate between games.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(04-27-2023, 10:29 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Darkhorse 1st rounder could be OT Bergeron.

I definitely wouldn't reach for him at 24 but I could see them doing this.

This thought has crossed my mind, also. He has risen on most lists since the Combine, but it would be a reach to take him at 24. I wouldn't like that at all. He should be available in the top half of round 2, so if they love him that much they can trade up in that round. He seems to be a great kid who takes coaching well, but this would be more like a Gene Smith pick.

If they see OT value at any of their first three picks, they should take it.

(04-27-2023, 10:03 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

The people inside my radio say the Jaguars FO has known about this for a while. I’m sure there has been some strategic draft planning in the works as a result.

I wonder if they signed Josh Wells due to this. He's not the answer but he could be a serviceable backup for at least Cam's suspension.

(04-27-2023, 12:07 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(04-27-2023, 10:03 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: The people inside my radio say the Jaguars FO has known about this for a while. I’m sure there has been some strategic draft planning in the works as a result.

I wonder if they signed Josh Wells due to this. He's not the answer but he could be a serviceable backup for at least Cam's suspension.

I’m not sure. He was signed on the 4th but I don’t know how long ago the Jags found out about Cam.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2023, 12:25 PM by Jags@dajugular. Edited 2 times in total.)

Many on here including myself felt that Little should be the starting LT. If he continues the Level of play from the end of last season or higher and who ever Rookie RT tackle play admirably if were lucky he's a starting Guard and back up tackle. If he wants to be a baby about put him in the crib (on the sidelines and fine his [BLEEP])