Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cam Robinson- Suspended (merged)

(04-27-2023, 12:24 PM)Jags@dajugular Wrote: Many on here including myself felt that Little should be the starting LT. If he continues the Level of play  from the end of last season or higher and who ever Rookie RT tackle play admirably if were lucky he's a starting Guard and back up tackle. If he wants to be a baby about put him in the crib (on the sidelines and fine his [BLEEP])

I’ve heard criticisms that Little isn’t strong enough.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2023, 12:41 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(04-27-2023, 12:34 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-27-2023, 12:24 PM)Jags@dajugular Wrote: Many on here including myself felt that Little should be the starting LT. If he continues the Level of play  from the end of last season or higher and who ever Rookie RT tackle play admirably if were lucky he's a starting Guard and back up tackle. If he wants to be a baby about put him in the crib (on the sidelines and fine his [BLEEP])

I’ve heard criticisms that Little isn’t strong enough.

Just need to give him some of Cam's PEDs.

(04-27-2023, 10:07 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: What an idiot.  If at all contractually possible, don't pay him.

That is the case --- he won't get paid for those 6 games that he is in time-out.  Shad Khan saves 6 games salary but it still counts against the cap.

This draft will see the Jags draft 2 OL in the top 5 rounds. If it were me I'd draft 2 in the first 4 rounds now.

We need two players that could start the 24-25 season. I'm not trusting Cam or Walker long term.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

(04-27-2023, 07:14 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we don't take Torrence we just need to plug Cam at LG and if he doesn't like it just bench him and fine him

Cam's suspension is good news for the future, actually. Little is the better LT and the RT hole should be easy to fill in this draft all the way to the 3rd round -- lots of options.

Plug in Little in training camp at LT and never look back. Cam has lost all his leverage over being moved from LT based on not playing by the rules.

When he returns, he can be the swing tackle/guard provided he comes back motivated and healthy, which he should be if he wants to earn a big contract with another team.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

I find the timing of the news breaking suspicious.

(04-27-2023, 02:42 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I find the timing of the news breaking suspicious.

Jags prolly tried to keep it under wraps till after draft , but word  got out.

They likely knew this when they signed Wells

(04-27-2023, 01:02 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: This draft will see the Jags draft 2 OL in the top 5 rounds.  If it were me I'd draft 2 in the first 4 rounds now.   

We need two players that could start the 24-25 season.  I'm not trusting Cam or Walker long term.

I don’t understand the disrespect for Little. Had he not been injured in college, he would have been a first round pick in 2021. He played well late last year and in the playoffs.

The Jags need a RT, and a guard to push or replace Bartch. But Walker is our future left tackle.

(04-27-2023, 03:23 PM)GaJag Wrote:
(04-27-2023, 01:02 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: This draft will see the Jags draft 2 OL in the top 5 rounds.  If it were me I'd draft 2 in the first 4 rounds now.   

We need two players that could start the 24-25 season.  I'm not trusting Cam or Walker long term.

I don’t understand the disrespect for Little. Had he not been injured in college, he would have been a first round pick in 2021. He played well late last year and in the playoffs.

The Jags need a RT, and a guard to push or replace Bartch. But Walker is our future left tackle.
Little had a good season last year and will likely be even better with a full camp of being the LT.

Deary, deary me!

Why sell your car when you can give it away for free, aye, Cam!

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2023, 04:25 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

(04-27-2023, 03:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-27-2023, 02:42 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I find the timing of the news breaking suspicious.

Jags prolly tried to keep it under wraps till after draft , but word  got out.

They likely knew this when they signed Wells

If the Jags go something other than Tackle tonight, I’ll have to wonder if they had a hand in letting it get out there on purpose to maybe encourage someone else to trade up for a Tackle ahead of us.

(04-27-2023, 03:23 PM)GaJag Wrote:

People who disrespect Little probably don't even realize the guy missed 2 college seasons heading into the draft, one due to covid and one from injury. He came to us very rusty.

I feel really good about Little starting at LT - and I'd feel fine about him starting at RT.
Not sure why folks are doubting him now. He's shown some consistent play since the uncertain start.

I just don't know what the hell we're gonna' do at RT now that we're short a tackle for 6-8 games.
Gotta add talent to the pool IMO.

(04-27-2023, 04:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I feel really good about Little starting at LT - and I'd feel fine about him starting at RT.
Not sure why folks are doubting him now. He's shown some consistent play since the uncertain start.

I just don't know what the hell we're gonna' do at RT now that we're short a tackle for 6-8 games.

Would be glorious if we found a tackle in the 3rd-4th round who ended up playing in Cams spot and was as good so we could trade/cut that bum. 

Can only dream.

(04-27-2023, 04:33 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(04-27-2023, 04:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I feel really good about Little starting at LT - and I'd feel fine about him starting at RT.

Would be glorious if we found a tackle in the 3rd-4th round who ended up playing in Cams spot and was as good so we could trade/cut that bum. 

Can only dream.

I kind of feel like the goal should be finding a legit RT at any of the first three picks and settling Little at LT right away.

(04-27-2023, 04:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-27-2023, 04:33 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Would be glorious if we found a tackle in the 3rd-4th round who ended up playing in Cams spot and was as good so we could trade/cut that bum. 

Can only dream.

I kind of feel like the goal should be finding a legit RT at any of the first three picks and settling Little at LT right away.

That will probably be exactly what happens. I just hope whoever they take will end up replacing Cam. I don't hate the guy, but I do think he's unworthy of that contract.

(04-27-2023, 04:38 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(04-27-2023, 04:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I kind of feel like the goal should be finding a legit RT at any of the first three picks and settling Little at LT right away.

That will probably be exactly what happens. I just hope whoever they take will end up replacing Cam. I don't hate the guy, but I do think he's unworthy of that contract.

I think Little is the guy technically replacing Cam

The new guy is replacing Jawaan Taylor 

Cam was already 90% out the door after the season after struggling too often last year and having a 5 mil dead cap hit in 2024. Now his fate should be sealed.

I don't think they can save much by cutting him this year and they may need him late in the season if injuries come calling elsewhere. He's likely a Jag until next February/March.

(04-27-2023, 04:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-27-2023, 04:38 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: That will probably be exactly what happens. I just hope whoever they take will end up replacing Cam. I don't hate the guy, but I do think he's unworthy of that contract.

I think Little is the guy technically replacing Cam

Cam was already 90% out the door after the season after struggling too often last year and having a 5 mil dead cap hit in 2024. Now his fate should be sealed.

I don't think they can save much by cutting him this year and they may need him late in the season if injuries come calling elsewhere. He's likely a Jag until next February/March.

Well yeah I know Little is technically replacing him, but i say it that way because assuming we get no one good at RT, Robinson coming back would likely put Little back on the right side.

So I guess what i'm saying is, I just hope they don't screw it up and miss on whoever they take to play RT.

(04-27-2023, 04:54 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(04-27-2023, 04:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I think Little is the guy technically replacing Cam

Well yeah I know Little is technically replacing him, but i say it that way because assuming we get no one good at RT, Robinson coming back would likely put Little back on the right side.

So I guess what i'm saying is, I just hope they don't screw it up and miss on whoever they take to play RT.
copy that

me too

i believe there will be a salary cap "refund" for the 6 games and any bonus prorated this year prorated over 6 games

Depending on the contract language, he may lose bonus money as well

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2023, 06:15 PM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(04-27-2023, 04:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-27-2023, 04:54 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Well yeah I know Little is technically replacing him, but i say it that way because assuming we get no one good at RT, Robinson coming back would likely put Little back on the right side.

copy that

me too

Hey look we can agree on something. It must be that Christmas Draft Night Spirit in the air.