Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cam Robinson- Suspended (merged)

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2023, 10:16 PM by OG-JAGFAN. Edited 1 time in total.)

Cam may not start another game at LT for the Jags.

His pockets are going to take a hit. 

https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/16515...HeNjg&s=19

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I hoped we were past this kind of thing with our guys. Like others have said this could hurt us early in the year and he's one of our big earners. He should be setting the example for younger guys.

Every time I'm ready to cut the guy some slack he does something dumb that makes me want him out of here.

They can open up $17.7m in cap space by dumping Cam after this season. He's as good as gone.

At this point we should be all in on Little at LT and Harrison at RT. We have to find out if Little can really play. I believe he can and he looked good in limited time, but we need to see a larger sample size. He's a FA after next season, we gotta see what we really have in him.

Let Cam compete at LG, swing tackle, or just sit on the bench. Unless Harrison looks like a complete fish out of water, there's no reason to put Cam back in at starting OT when he comes back from suspension. The future at that position is now and Cam aint it.

I wonder if the suspension affects Cam's contract. I don't remember who it was, but a player got suspended recently and it voided part of his contract.

(04-28-2023, 05:28 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I wonder if the suspension affects Cam's contract.  I don't remember who it was, but a player got suspended recently and it voided part of his contract.

Hopefully.

I skimmed past something on twitter that said the money per game he misses, as well as possibly some guarantees in the contract could be added back to our cap due to the suspension. Whether it's true or not, I don't know, but that would be great.

(04-27-2023, 08:39 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(04-27-2023, 08:24 AM)NH3 Wrote: Realistic or a Smoke Screen? If the NFL was going to suspend any player they would've done it already.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

LOL

Really?

Smokescreen?

LOL

That was my first impression but when the news kept rolling in I began believing it especially when Adam S. reported it. It was solidified w/respect to our 2023 NFL first round draft pick.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(04-29-2023, 08:51 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Here's an interesting thing.  If a player is suspended, the money he loses from being suspended can be added back to the team's available cap space. 

Maybe we should hope he's suspended for the whole season.

Oh nice.  Let's go get Leonard Floyd please.  Bryce Callahan would be a great pickup as well.  Those 2 players could fill out this defense on top of whoever we draft

(04-28-2023, 06:19 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-28-2023, 05:28 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I wonder if the suspension affects Cam's contract.  I don't remember who it was, but a player got suspended recently and it voided part of his contract.

Hopefully.

I skimmed past something on twitter that said the money per game he misses, as well as possibly some guarantees in the contract could be added back to our cap due to the suspension. Whether it's true or not, I don't know, but that would be great.

Maybe we should hope he's suspended for the whole season.  That would create $15,000,000 in cap space.

(04-28-2023, 05:16 AM)Eric1 Wrote: They can open up $17.7m in cap space by dumping Cam after this season. He's as good as gone.

At this point we should be all in on Little at LT and Harrison at RT. We have to find out if Little can really play. I believe he can and he looked good in limited time, but we need to see a larger sample size. He's a FA after next season, we gotta see what we really have in him.

Let Cam compete at LG, swing tackle, or just sit on the bench. Unless Harrison looks like a complete fish out of water, there's no reason to put Cam back in at starting OT when he comes back from suspension. The future at that position is now and Cam aint it.

Pretty much sums up my own feelings on it.

If Little and Harrison are both playing good when Cam comes back I hope Doug puts Cam at LG. I think Cam Colan be a great LG. When Cam ever does get beat it's usually from a edge guy that beats him to the outside. It's rare than Cam gets over powered by a defender. I'd like to see

Little-Cam-Fortner-Scherff- Harrison

If Scherff is fully healthy and Fortner takes the next step and improves I feel like this could be a great oline. If Cam excells at LG it's possible he could remain on the team next year. He would be more valuable and could still play one of the tackle spots if one gets injured. I feel like Cam could be a better LG than LT.

I think cam is still our best o-line player, so I would not dismiss him too soon.

(05-01-2023, 10:18 AM)Jag88 Wrote: I think cam is still our best o-line player, so I would not dismiss him too soon.

He did not perform up to the level of his deal last year, nearly got our franchise QB injured, and now has gotten himself suspended.

He's good as gone and he should be. 
He basically fleeced the Jags last year because they didn't have enough OT talent to move on without him yet. 
Now they do.

If he comes back week 7 or whenever, he likely won't play unless someone is hurt or a badly underperforming.  
I'd try to trade him to a team with injury trouble at tackle early in the season. 
Get something out of that bad extension.

(05-01-2023, 10:26 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-01-2023, 10:18 AM)Jag88 Wrote: I think cam is still our best o-line player, so I would not dismiss him too soon.

He did not perform up to the level of his deal last year, nearly got our franchise QB injured, and now has gotten himself suspended.

He basically fleeced the Jags last year because they didn't have enough OT talent to move on without him yet. 
Now they do.

If he comes back week 7 or whenever, he likely won't play unless someone is hurt or a badly underperforming.  
I'd try to trade him to a team with injury trouble at tackle early in the season. 
Not sure how anyone can believe Cam will be a Jaguar in 2024. He's an average tackle and the team has so many other players they need to pay in 2024/Beyond. Campbell, Trevor, Ridley, Josh Allen.... That's just naming the heavy hitters.

Then you add in the fact that Little shut down the Chargers pass rush and they just drafted Harrison..... The writing is on the wall here.

Tony Boselli commented on the Cam R situation this morning on the radio:

"Cam isn't on the level of some of the premier tackles where you pencil him in as the starter as soon as he returns..."

"I'd bet when they did their evaluations on 2022 performance, Cam and Little were rated similarly and wouldn't be surprised if Little graded higher..."

"You have to evaluate where Cam is at when he returns from injury and suspension before you figure out what to do with him... If you're winning games with Little and Harrison at tackle - you don't disrupt that..."

(05-15-2023, 08:39 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Tony Boselli commented on the Cam R situation this morning on the radio:

"Cam isn't on the level of some of the premier tackles where you pencil him in as the starter as soon as he returns..."

"I'd bet when they did their evaluations on 2022 performance, Cam and Little were rated similarly and wouldn't be surprised if Little graded higher..."

"You have to evaluate where Cam is at when he returns from injury and suspension before you figure out what to do with him...  If you're winning games with Little and Harrison at tackle - you don't disrupt that..."

Yeah. Common sense really. Best case scenario we're winning like Boselli stated and our play with Little at LT and Harrison at RT is adequate or beyond adequate. I would say he might be a good fit at LG if Bartch is struggling a bit.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I have a feeling the coaches might be higher on cam than some of us here are.

Having some depth at tackle is a good thing

(05-15-2023, 05:35 PM)Newton Wrote: Having some depth at tackle is a good thing

Absolutely and we learned that last season.

Best case scenario:

A playoff contender loses a tackle to injury before the trade deadline, they send us a 2nd round pick out of desperation for Cam.

(05-01-2023, 10:26 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Now they do.

(05-16-2023, 03:24 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Best case scenario:

A playoff contender loses a tackle to injury before the trade deadline, they send us a 2nd round pick out of desperation for Cam.

While I proposed this two weeks ago, if Cam is approaching this situation as a "team player" he could be valuable down the stretch as depth (at tackle or guard.) 

I guess it comes down to price, like most things.