Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tank Bigsby RB Round 3

You can't go into next season playing the Titans and can't run between the tackles or lose your star running back running against a brick wall that why they got a tank. Really a stack running back room there were to many third and ones that could not be converted that had to change. I dont care who was picked if they get the job done so be it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-29-2023, 04:03 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Deserves to be drafted just on name alone.

Tank Bigsby

Fantastic

Seems to be the Doug P special the past 2 seasons.

Snoop Conner into Tank Bigsby

(05-01-2023, 11:42 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(04-29-2023, 04:03 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Deserves to be drafted just on name alone.

Tank Bigsby

Fantastic

Seems to be the Doug P special the past 2 seasons.

So, please explain how you determined this is Pederson.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2023, 12:41 AM by Jag149. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-02-2023, 12:18 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-01-2023, 11:42 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Seems to be the Doug P special the past 2 seasons.

I used a Ouija board and it had a different answer.  Possibly could be they tried last year with a 5th and the results were less than expected or needed.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Starter caliber backs to compliment Etienne isn't a bad thing. ETN will have a short-lived career the way we had to use him.

(05-02-2023, 12:18 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-01-2023, 11:42 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Seems to be the Doug P special the past 2 seasons.

"Cool name Running backs"

I'd say it was Trent, But Travis Etienne don't have the same ring to it as Snoop or Tank.

Ryan Wilson's opinion:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2023-...ams-fared/

Jaguars Best Pick: Auburn RB Tank Bigsby (88th overall, 3rd Round)

Wilson: Tank Bigsby is a strong fit. He can set the pace, wear down the defense. Then, Travis Etienne can come in and hit the home run. Bigsby is a straight, down-hill runner. He doesn't waste time getting north and south. That's something the Jaguars needed. It will help prolong Etienne's career, so this is a great fit for the player and the team.

(05-02-2023, 12:48 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Starter caliber backs to compliment Etienne isn't a bad thing.  ETN will have a short-lived career the way we had to use him.

ETN only had 12.9 carries per game last year. 
That's nothing. 

The issue is how HE takes hits, not how he's being used. 
The other issue was a failed use of a fifth and two sixths on a short yardage back who didn't do enough to earn snaps. 

We would have been fine with Hasty, D. Johnson, and ETN in my opinion, but we could be even better if this kid turns out to be productive. Fingers crossed.

(05-02-2023, 04:54 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Ryan Wilson's opinion:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2023-...ams-fared/

Jaguars Best Pick: Auburn RB Tank Bigsby (88th overall, 3rd Round)

Wilson: Tank Bigsby is a strong fit. He can set the pace, wear down the defense. Then, Travis Etienne can come in and hit the home run. Bigsby is a straight, down-hill runner. He doesn't waste time getting north and south. That's something the Jaguars needed. It will help prolong Etienne's career, so this is a great fit for the player and the team.

I don't think he was the best pick but he waa a good pick.  He is something this team lacked, especially when needed to spell Etienne

(05-02-2023, 08:29 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-02-2023, 12:48 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Starter caliber backs to compliment Etienne isn't a bad thing.  ETN will have a short-lived career the way we had to use him.

That's nothing. 

The other issue was a failed use of a fifth and two sixths on a short yardage back who didn't do enough to earn snaps. 

We would have been fine with Hasty, D. Johnson, and ETN in my opinion, but we could be even better if this kid turns out to be productive. Fingers crossed.

I think Doug and Trent figured we only had one starting caliber back out of those three, and they want two starting caliber backs.  It's a long season, and guys get injured or just sometimes need a break in the middle of the game.

FWIW's. Rick Spielman just spoke very highly of him as a runner on the 1010XL show just now. Said he's a violent runner, likes contact, will be the guy dishing out blows instead of taking them. He's basically the opposite of Etienne.

So, a bit of thunder and lightning action is what they were saying. Spielman also had Bigsby tagged as a one of six or seven prospects worth pounding the table for.
That's very good to hear. Spielman had a nice career with the Vikings and put together some pretty consistent and stable rosters up there. At one point, we damn near had him. in our building at an executive level potentially.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-29-2023, 02:24 AM)MojoKing Wrote: I really like his personality and his tape is great. But really slow at the combine like a 4.56.

He actually ran a 4.45 during his Pro Day.  This makes more sense since his gameday speed appears to be a lot quicker than 4.56.

Apparently, he was not happy with his combine time of 4.56 so he worked on his 40 yard dash in advance of his Pro Day.  As we all know, technique is critical for sprinters so perhaps he improved technique or just didn't have it the day of his combine.  Based on his highlight reel, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt with regard to speed and quickness.

Thank you for that perspective on his speed

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2023, 11:20 AM by Caldrac.)

(05-02-2023, 11:15 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(04-29-2023, 02:24 AM)MojoKing Wrote: I really like his personality and his tape is great. But really slow at the combine like a 4.56.

He actually ran a 4.45 during his Pro Day.  This makes more sense since his gameday speed appears to be a lot quicker than 4.56.

Apparently, he was not happy with his combine time of 4.56 so he worked on his 40 yard dash in advance of his Pro Day.  As we all know, technique is critical for sprinters so perhaps he improved technique or just didn't have it the day of his combine.  Based on his highlight reel, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt with regard to speed and quickness.

I watched some of his highlights. For a guy that's considered violent and a short yardage back I think that's misleading. He shows a lot of lateral ability and good enough vision to find the most real estate to attack once he gets into the 2nd level. 

Again, my biggest concern is 8 career fumbles on 540 career attempts. Etienne had the same issue last year with 5 I think. BOTH of these guys need to hold onto the football like it's their only child and they're escaping a house fire.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2023, 11:29 AM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-02-2023, 11:17 AM)Newton Wrote: Thank you for that perspective on his speed

I should have added the link to which I got the 4.45 time.

"Tank Bigsby bounces back with blazing 40-yard dash time at Auburn’s pro day"

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2023/0...speed.html

He seems to have good instincts and vision. I’m getting 1998 draft vibes from this pick. DankTank

(05-02-2023, 08:29 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

That's nothing. 

He also split carries with JRob the first 6 games, and left 2 others before/during halftime (Balt and final Houston).  He was closer to 17 carries per game post JRob trade, which would be roughly another 70 rushes and 5th most last season.  However, I don't disagree that we should have been fine with Hasty, Johnson and ETN.  We also have the receiving options and coaches to use the short passing game as an extension of the run if those three were to get injured or be ineffective.

It will be great to have a running back we can rely on to spell ETN or if he has to go out for injury.

(05-02-2023, 02:00 PM)empty Wrote:
(05-02-2023, 08:29 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: ETN only had 12.9 carries per game last year. 
That's nothing. 

He also split carries with JRob the first 6 games, and left 2 others before/during halftime (Balt and final Houston).  He was closer to 17 carries per game post JRob trade, which would be roughly another 70 rushes and 5th most last season.  However, I don't disagree that we should have been fine with Hasty, Johnson and ETN.  We also have the receiving options and coaches to use the short passing game as an extension of the run if those three were to get injured or be ineffective.
"I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY TRADED JROB! THE JAGS WILL REGRET THIS BIG TIME! HE WILL KILL IT IN NY!"

(05-02-2023, 02:53 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: It will be great to have a running back we can rely on to spell ETN or if he has to go out for injury.

It may turn out that Etienne spells Bigs. Great problem to have.