Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How many rookies stick?
This poll is closed.
5.17%
6 5.17%
3.45%
4 3.45%
12.93%
15 12.93%
19.83%
23 19.83%
15.52%
18 15.52%
19.83%
23 19.83%
9 or more
17.24%
20 17.24%
Corn
5.17%
6 5.17%
Blank #2
0.86%
1 0.86%
Total 116 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

13 picks - How many make the 53?

Of the draft picks who are rostered:

3 players will either start or are projected to see a significant number of snaps
3 others could potentially see snaps as deep rotation or 2nd string backup duty if injury occurs ahead of them
6 of them are healthy enough to practice this week
1 of the injured is on IR and unlikely to play at all this year
2 have minor injuries and should return to practice as depth players soon
Unknown yet if any have entrenched roles on ST - Washington appears to be the backup returner there however

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-30-2023, 10:07 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-30-2023, 09:47 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Looks like eight rookies made it. I don't see Miller on the list. The LB we drafted. If the ACL didnt happen he probably makes it over Quarterman. I was close with my initial guess of nine.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

11 rookies.

Tank Bigsby
Parker Washington
Elijah Cooks (UDFA)
Cooper Hodges
Brenton Strange
Tyler Lacy
Yasir Abdullah
Christian Braswell
Antonio Johnson
Anton Harrison
Ventrell Miller (IR)

I'm proud to be part of the 16.52% that said 9+.  I was surprised how many thought 6 or 7 or even less.

(08-30-2023, 01:02 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(08-30-2023, 10:07 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: 11 rookies.

Tank Bigsby
Parker Washington
Elijah Cooks (UDFA)
Cooper Hodges
Brenton Strange
Tyler Lacy
Yasir Abdullah
Christian Braswell
Antonio Johnson
Anton Harrison
Ventrell Miller (IR)

I'm proud to be part of the 16.52% that said 9+.  I was surprised how many thought 6 or 7 or even less.

Well done, sir. 

I am guilty of underestimating the 5th-7th rounders' ability to stick on this roster. 

I stand corrected, and my hat is off to Baalke, the scouts, and the young athletes listed here.

(08-30-2023, 10:07 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-30-2023, 09:47 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Looks like eight rookies made it. I don't see Miller on the list. The LB we drafted. If the ACL didnt happen he probably makes it over Quarterman. I was close with my initial guess of nine.

11 rookies.

Tank Bigsby
Parker Washington
Elijah Cooks (UDFA)
Cooper Hodges
Brenton Strange
Tyler Lacy
Yasir Abdullah
Christian Braswell
Antonio Johnson
Anton Harrison
Ventrell Miller (IR)
Cooks was not drafted. I didnt factor him. I didn't count Miller since he was not physically listed on the roster. Hodges was though.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(08-30-2023, 01:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-30-2023, 01:02 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: I'm proud to be part of the 16.52% that said 9+.  I was surprised how many thought 6 or 7 or even less.

Well done, sir. 

I am guilty of underestimating the 5th-7th rounders' ability to stick on this roster. 

I stand corrected, and my hat is off to Baalke, the scouts, and the young athletes listed here.

Yes, Baalke couldn't find a trade partner to take any of those late picks off his hands, so he did the next best thing, and, as they say, made lemonade out of lemons.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-30-2023, 02:10 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-30-2023, 01:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Well done, sir. 

Yes, Baalke couldn't find a trade partner to take any of those late picks off his hands, so he did the next best thing, and, as they say, made lemonade out of lemons.
It's all about the future. Extending Lawrence at QB, Campbell at CB and potentially Little at LT with Cisco at S is going to be important.

A lot of this class will be expected to help out in 2024/2025 so we don't have to invest too heavily too early to backfill skill positions.

It's possible Strange replaces Engram, Bigsby replaces Etienne and Hodges replaces Scherff. Followed by Lloyd taking over Oluokon's role with Muma sliding into Lloyd's old role.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(08-30-2023, 03:37 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(08-30-2023, 02:10 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Yes, Baalke couldn't find a trade partner to take any of those late picks off his hands, so he did the next best thing, and, as they say, made lemonade out of lemons.
It's all about the future. Extending Lawrence at QB, Campbell at CB and potentially Little at LT with Cisco at S is going to be important.

A lot of this class will be expected to help out in 2024/2025 so we don't have to invest too heavily too early to backfill skill positions.

It's possible Strange replaces Engram, Bigsby replaces Etienne and Hodges replaces Scherff. Followed by Lloyd taking over Oluokon's role with Muma sliding into Lloyd's old role.

Yes, Lawrence's massive contract next season will necessitate the release (or trade) of some valuable players. I sure hope that Little, Campbell and Cisco prove to be worthy of new contracts following this season. As far as the other players you mentioned, I could definitely see Schereff and Engram being gone after this season. Good chance of Oluokon joining them, but I'd hate to lose him. I don't see Etienne leaving as teams really need two good backs and they could likely work out a reasonable deal since backs tend to be underpaid in general. Zay Jones is another player I'd hate to lose, but if Ridley gets a new deal due to having a great season then Zay may have to be released or traded. Cam Robinson and Darious Williams are also likely to be gone which will also help the salary cap. I would expect the team's priority in the 2024 draft to be in the areas of pass rush and cornerback with depth on the offensive and defensive line also being addressed.