Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This defense is better than it gets credit for?

Walker’s development is the key to the defense this year. If he take a big step forward (likely), then this d will be a different beast altogether.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-12-2023, 10:55 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-12-2023, 05:24 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I don't understand the bickering over Herndon. (especially the few games he played outside)
What's the point of hashing out which bad coverage was worse than another.

We had bad coverage last year everywhere outside of Campbell and the period that Williams finally moved outside.

Griffin was terrible outside.
Everyone who tried to replace him outside was also really bad until Williams got there. (they tried a few - all sucked)

Williams struggled in the slot and then Herndon took over and played well in the box as a nickel but when he had to cover.

We are good with Campbell, and we should be good short-term with Williams opposite him.

The ONLY thing we need to fret for this particular season is whether or not a street free agent or late round rookie can beat Herndon out to start in the slot.
Unfortunately - Everything points to us getting beaten like a drum by the better slot receivers we face in 2023 unless we unearth talent from a heap of nobodies.

You answered your own question, but go on girl.

LOL

We've got one poster who thinks Herndon is good for some reason, and one who is blathering on about the few times Herndon played outside and misremembering the details of those games while obsessed with his contract. 

The focus should be on who is going to take his job at this point.

The defense made a game saving play when we needed it down the stretch, up until the KC game. We are hoping to just score a bunch of points every game and not let the opposing QB get in any rhythm. We'll be a Super Bowl contending team I think with a top 20 defense.. assuming this offense is about to go off all year.

(05-16-2023, 05:48 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: The defense made a game saving play when we needed it down the stretch,  up until the KC game.  We are hoping to just score a bunch of points every game and not let the opposing QB get in any rhythm.  We'll be a Super Bowl contending team I think with a top 20 defense.. assuming this offense is about to go off all year.

I'm hoping for a Brees/Payton type of rumn with a bit more top end success.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-16-2023, 06:26 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-16-2023, 05:48 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: The defense made a game saving play when we needed it down the stretch,  up until the KC game.  We are hoping to just score a bunch of points every game and not let the opposing QB get in any rhythm.  We'll be a Super Bowl contending team I think with a top 20 defense.. assuming this offense is about to go off all year.

I'm hoping for a Brees/Payton type of rumn with a bit more top end success.

So in other words Belichick-Brady type run?  if so sign me up..!
A new broom always sweeps clean.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!