Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2023 Schedule

I like the way the schedule starts. Also like having the London games early on while we are still fresh.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Lotta optimism in this thread. Hope it plays out that way but I think we still have at best an average defense and I wonder where the pass rush is going to come from. Our offense we’ll have a lot of firepower though and maybe can make up for any deficiencies on D. Thankfully the schedule looks promising and we do play in the AFC South. 10 or 11 wins is a likely scenario. I’m going to go with 11. I picked 9 wins last year.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(05-13-2023, 12:42 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Lotta optimism in this thread. Hope it plays out that way but I think we still have at best an average defense and I wonder where the pass rush is going to come from. Our offense we’ll have a lot of firepower though and maybe can make up for any deficiencies on D. Thankfully the schedule looks promising and we do play in the AFC South. 10 or 11 wins is a likely scenario. I’m going to go with 11. I picked 9 wins last year.

I think first quarters will be huge for this team. If their scripted plays can help them get out ahead of teams more often this year, it will help the defense immensely. I could actually see Pederson opt to take the ball to start the game a lot more often than defer. 

Also, I think they added more talent to help be more ball-dominant when the occasion calls for it. So they can actually run a 6 or 4 min offense in 4th quarters to limit chances other teams have to test the defense.

(05-12-2023, 11:06 AM)ArtieZiff Wrote:
(05-12-2023, 07:17 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: as usual NFL gives the Jags the toughest schedule of all 32 teams in NFL.

.........or the 23rd.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2023-...it-easier/

don't left facts get in the way of an opportunity to play the victim

(This post was last modified: 05-15-2023, 08:26 AM by Mikey.)

(05-12-2023, 03:59 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(05-12-2023, 08:23 AM)Mikey Wrote: PIT and CLE are further, but same time zone.

we gotta lotta divisional games on fox too, from what I read. Means I'll have to go to the bar because we always get stuck with failcons games...because anybody wants to watch that train wreck

10AM kick on the west coast, a bunch of other markets will broadcast local teams instead of a potential feature game, us vs. the world, you know...

Pitt isn't farther than Houston, but Cleveland is by like 25 miles.

sorry, I was using road miles. I-10 makes it a breeze compared to trying to get to Pittsburgh.

Maybe there's a reason they made it so difficult to get to Pittsburgh? Wink

(05-13-2023, 12:42 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Lotta optimism in this thread. Hope it plays out that way but I think we still have at best an average defense and I wonder where the pass rush is going to come from. Our offense we’ll have a lot of firepower though and maybe can make up for any deficiencies on D. Thankfully the schedule looks promising and we do play in the AFC South. 10 or 11 wins is a likely scenario. I’m going to go with 11. I picked 9 wins last year.

This is where I tend to land, too.

I have a feeling we'll lose a winnable game or two and I tend to buffer for the (knocks on all the wood he can find) occasional injury that slows a team down. 10 is the goal, anything more than that is icing on the cake.

(05-15-2023, 08:22 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-12-2023, 03:59 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Pitt isn't farther than Houston, but Cleveland is by like 25 miles.

sorry, I was using road miles. I-10 makes it a breeze compared to trying to get to Pittsburgh.

Maybe there's a reason they made it so difficult to get to Pittsburgh? Wink

This is where I tend to land, too.

I have a feeling we'll lose a winnable game or two and I tend to buffer for the (knocks on all the wood he can find) occasional injury that slows a team down. 10 is the goal, anything more than that is icing on the cake.

I drive to Pittsburgh ~ 5x per year and it takes me 12 to 13 hours pending on the traffic.   800 miles (I95- I26 - I77 - Rt119 - I79) --- You do go through the mountains in Western VA and WV but the highways are very good.

Booked my flight to London. Gonna hit both games this year. Cant wait.

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status...C_Wcg&s=19

Really, really cool deep dive by Sharp here regarding the NFL schedule in it's entierty. Read through the thread.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Asher Grodman, who wrote and directed the schedule release video, talks about it to Kay Adams. Go to 38:00 to see his part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqBtodDtg84