Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post your schedule predictions here (wins/losses)

So let me get this straight, the team is at the position most of you imagined but you guys still finding ways to freak out ... I guess that is what "be a fan" means hahahahahaha
So how's everybody prediction holding ?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-06-2023, 06:31 PM)Marcos25067 Wrote: So let me get this straight, the team is at the position most of you imagined but you guys still finding ways to freak out ... I guess that is what "be a fan" means  hahahahahaha

I've literally been right on every single game except for one. LOL

(08-02-2023, 01:36 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Looking at our schedule I think we go 13-4 but every team loses a game they should win so I'll say 11-5/12-4 but we win the South and make the AFCCG. Who knows from there.

I'm still trying to figure out your math here.  Are you stating that since every team loses a game they should win that we will essentially have 1 or 2 less wins and also play 1 less game in the season?   You went from a total of 17 games to 16 games under your reassessment Smile

(06-29-2023, 11:26 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: https://youtu.be/lSPNQ82Sq4E

Nailed it.

Welp another correct prediction, lets hope the rest of my predictions come true aswell.

(12-06-2023, 06:31 PM)Marcos25067 Wrote: So let me get this straight, the team is at the position most of you imagined but you guys still finding ways to freak out ... I guess that is what "be a fan" means  hahahahahaha

I said 10 or 11 wins and I still feel like 11 is an achievable outcome. I think we win the division but get bounced out of the playoffs in short order. 

Probably a lot of the negatives come from the fact that most people expected to feel like this was an ascending team and it doesn’t really feel like that at the moment. Maybe it’s injuries or maybe just bad luck but it feels like they’re barely holding on.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2023, 07:24 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-11-2023, 07:43 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:

I said 10 or 11 wins and I still feel like 11 is an achievable outcome. I think we win the division but get bounced out of the playoffs in short order. 

Probably a lot of the negatives come from the fact that most people expected to feel like this was an ascending team and it doesn’t really feel like that at the moment. Maybe it’s injuries or maybe just bad luck but it feels like they’re barely holding on.

I feel like it's borderline the same team from last year, just a lot more nicked up now and with a little bit better play overall from the defense. From position to position, year over year:

QB: Roughly the same - hindered by lack of running game, injuries and poor pass protection
RB: Roughly the same - hindered by lack of run blocking
TE: Better in large part thanks to Engram, but, it also feels like Farrell has come on better this year
WR: Roughly the same - hindered by injuries recently, injuries to the QB and poor pass protection
OL: It's dog [BLEEP], it's the most dog [BLEEP] unit on the football team just like it was the most dog [BLEEP] unit on the team last year

EDGE: Much improved - Walker is getting better, has a ton of pressures and eats a ton of double teams - Allen is a man on a mission. Everybody else? Missing in action. 
DT: Absolute dog [BLEEP], once again, marred by injuries, lackluster talent to begin with and they can make or break this defense in general in some games. 
LB: Much improved - Lloyd is better. Oloukon is shooting for his third year in a row in league leading tackles made, Walker and Allen are also technically outside backers
CB: Good improvement - Campbell prior to his injury was decent, Williams was playing like an All-Pro at one point, Herndon was serviceable and better than last year, Buster Brown has been solid in short order 
Safeties: Hit or miss in my opinion. Cisco has slipped off the radar but can make a splash here and there, Jenkins can be very flakey at times in some games, Wingard and Johnson have played well in spurts when needed

K: I think the same really, still think McManus is an upgrade, he was in fact AFC Special Teams player of the month, so, take that however you want it. 
P: Cooke is 9 times out of 10 money. 
KR/PR: When Agnew is healthy? Probably one of the top three - five returners in the NFL. 

We still see the same trends though. Offensive turnovers, defensive let downs, lack of push on both sides of the line within the interior and questionable coaching decisions at times that make you want to punt the neighbor's cat out of your front yard. 

Feel like our schedule has been much tougher this year though, along with our division in general. So, color me impressed still. We just need to improve on 3rd and short situations offensively, protect the football a little bit better, especially within striking distance and the defense needs to shore up the secondary and interior rush somehow.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Two weeks ago the Jags were in th drivers seat for AFC's #1 seed. Maybe 10-7 wins the South. Otherwise they're going to be a wildcard team. One and done. Hell, I;ve been wrong about everything else; hope I'm wrong again.

(12-13-2023, 08:13 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: Two weeks ago the Jags were in th drivers seat for AFC's #1 seed.  Maybe 10-7 wins the South.  Otherwise they're going to be a wildcard team.  One and done.  Hell, I;ve been wrong about everything else; hope I'm wrong again.

They are still in the driver's seat for the division and could still have an advantage in the AFCS after a loss to Baltimore, but they'll need to take care of business from there on. 

Even if they go 2-2 from here out they could well wind up winning the south. 

AFC seeing may be largely out the window, but if they can get healthy enough to be ready for a playoff tilt they could be dangerous for a game or two

I ll stick with my preseason prediction of 10 - 7. Will this win the division is the big question.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(05-11-2023, 10:45 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Obviously it's hard to know how some teams will look before the season starts, but I'ma go with my gut feeling. 

Week 1 Colts - W
Week 2 Cheifs - L (tho I think it could go either way honestly)
Week 3 Texans - W
Week 4 Falcons - W
Week 5 Bills - W (If this was in Buffalo I might have said Bills, but I think the double London game actually works in our favor here)
Week 6 - Colts - W
Week 7 - Saints - W
Week 8 - Steelers - W
Week 9 - 49ers - L
Week 10 - Titans - W
Week 11 - Texans - W
Week 12 - Bengals - L (could go either way, but the Bengals have a really complete team right now so my gut tells me they take it)
Week 13 - Browns - L (This is under the assumption that Watson returns to his former self, the Browns still have a stacked roster)
Week 14 - Ravens - W
Week 15 - Bucs - W
Week 16 - Panthers - w
Week 17 - Titans - W

13-4, This is assuming Trevor takes another step into his development and the younger players on defense take a step up. This is also assuming Calvin Ridley is the game changer at WR we need. It feels weird to even predict this many wins and i'm sure this wont be exactly how it goes down but heres to hoping. I think for the most part on paper we have a pretty soft schedule, while we do play some heavy hitters we have so many winnable games in our division and especially the NFC South.

Time for the predictions to continue being correct for the rest of the season hopefully