Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post your schedule predictions here (wins/losses)

(05-13-2023, 08:09 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-13-2023, 06:51 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I think the division is 100% ours for the taking, obviously there are small possibilities of one of the rookie qbs coming out like Herbert and being remarkable year one, tho just my personal opinion (gotta be careful with this) I don't think Richardson or Stroud are gonna be much in the NFL but it's possible. 

I think the only realistic reason we don't win the division would be either. 

Regression from 16 which seems unlikely
The defense somehow getting worse which seems impossible
Injuries / hope not
Stroud or Richardson certainly could end up being good but they definitely won’t be like Herbert year 1. Herbert had Keenan Allen and Mike Williams to throw to in year 1. Also had Eckler (1K all purpose) and Hunter Henry.

I think Richardson will be bad, i dont see it working out at all. Stroud has some arm talent but judging qbs coming out of such a simplistic college scheme is very difficult, but much like fields i think the transition will be too much for him, especially this year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2023, 09:15 AM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

Richardson is intriguing physically and will probably be fantasy relevant for a couple of years, but I cringe when a guy, especially one that hasn’t taken a snap in a live nfl game, talks about himself and the hall of fame. It sounds like whatever train he’s on just sped past a sign reading “bridge out ahead”.

If that analogy winds up being prophetic, I just have to reiterate that the fallout couldn’t have happened to a more deserving team owner.

(05-13-2023, 12:09 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-11-2023, 11:49 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Week 1 Colts - W
Week 2 Chiefs - L (I don't like our defenses chances to get stops)
Week 3 Texans - W
Week 4 Falcons - W
Week 5 Bills - W (Same thoughts,  I think we have a better chance in London than Buffalo,  but this team should be able to compete with anyone anytime, anywhere)
Week 6 - Colts - W
Week 7 - Saints - W
Week 8 - Steelers - W
Week 9 - 49ers - L
Week 10 - Titans - W
Week 11 - Texans - W
Week 12 - Bengals - L (could go either way, but the Bengals have a really complete team right now so my gut tells me they take it)
Week 13 - Browns - W
Week 14 - Ravens - W (We did it last year,  we can do it again)
Week 15 - Bucs - W
Week 16 - Panthers - W
Week 17 - Titans - W

Summary:  I don't think our division will be very strong,  per usual.  We have reasons to believe we have a real contender to the Chiefs in the AFC.  Have we done enough to become the #1 contender?  Maybe.  Hoping for big improvements out of  Travon Walker.  The 2017 team fell off the map the following season after an AFC Championship appearance,  so having real expectations feels risky and weird.  There will always be a trap game or two in there.  May have to win some ugly games against low caliber teams.  It's the NFL,  just ready for football to come back!
I see the schedule in much the same way.

Weeks 5 (Buffalo) through week 14 is the toughest stretch of our schedule, and if we're not careful, healthy or otherwise not at the top of our games,  there could easily be another 2-3 losses.

It's a manageable schedule, but it's not without its potential pitfalls.

This is pretty much my opinion as well.  I never particularly like doing the game-by-game predictions as it usually overstates the wins for good teams and understates the wins for bad teams.  Just take the Chiefs as an example.  They just won the Super Bowl.  If you go game-by-game, wouldn't they be favored in every game and therefore be 17-0?  However, how many teams go undefeated?  

In regard to the Jaguars, I would agree that the Chiefs, Bengals and 49ers are the three games where I would count us as the underdog.  Assuming we lost those three games, we would be 14-3.  However, are we really going to go 14-0 in the other games?  Any given Sunday is very real in the NFL.  Players are people and people have good and bad days.  Maybe Trevor has a bad day.  Maybe we have a costly turnover.  Maybe we have injuries.  Maybe there's a special teams blunder.  Maybe we have a rookie mistake.  Maybe we get a bad ref call.   Stuff happens.  Upsets happen.  While I might take 14-3 as the starting point, I suspect that we will have two or three upsets against us.  As such, I would put 11 or 12 wins as the most likely scenario.  I like to be the optimist, so I'll say 12 wins as my prediction.

Bit early for me but I'll simply say I'd be delighted to go 10-7, 11-6 take the South and get back in the tournament ...at the very least I think it's still really important to back up last season and establish ourselves as contenders for the long run ... And beyond that if we can have a golden season then I'm all for that as well!

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2023, 05:21 PM by OG-JAGFAN. Edited 2 times in total.)

Win @ Colts
Loss vs Chiefs
Win vs Texans
Win vs Falcons
Loss vs Bills
Win vs Colts
Loss @ Saints
Win @ Steelers
Loss vs 49ers
Win vs titans
loss @ Texans
Loss vs Bengals
Win @ Browns
Loss vs Ravens
Win @ Bucs
Win vs Panters
Loss @ titans

9-8 and Afc champs.

I’m going out on a limb here and declaring we win more than we lose. It’s crazy, I know.

(05-13-2023, 05:20 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: Win @ Colts
Loss vs Chiefs
Win vs Texans
Win vs Falcons
Loss vs Bills
Win vs Colts
Loss @ Saints
Win @ Steelers
Loss vs 49ers
Win vs titans
loss @ Texans
Loss vs Bengals
Win @ Browns
Loss vs Ravens
Win @ Bucs
Win vs Panters
Loss @ titans

9-8 and Afc champs.

Same record as last year?  Naw lol

As the roster stands 10 wins easily. Players get traded and cut and suspended and hurt unfortunately so I'm sure my answer will change come Sept

Colts - L
Chiefs - W
Texans - W
Falcons - W
Bills - W
Colts - W
Saints - L
Steelers - W
49ers - W
Titans - L
Texans - W
Bengals - L
Browns - L
Ravens - W
Bucs - W
Panthers - W
Titans - W

12-5 and in the hunt for home field through out

Note* If the Jaguars can ever get a 15+ sack DE to team up with Lawrence, they will win the Super Bowl. 7 sacks from Josh Allen and 3.5 from Walker ain’t gonna cut it.

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2023, 11:41 PM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(05-13-2023, 09:12 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Richardson is intriguing physically and will probably be fantasy relevant for a couple of years, but I cringe when a guy, especially one that hasn’t taken a snap in a live nfl game, talks about himself and the hall of fame.  It sounds like whatever train he’s on just sped past a sign reading “bridge out ahead”.

If that analogy winds up being prophetic, I just have to reiterate that the fallout couldn’t have happened to a more deserving team owner.

Richardson to me is the downside of Pat Mahomes as a prospect without all the good. 

Mahomes was up and down in college, but when he was on he was [BLEEP] on. Richardson in my view looked really bad, and it feels as if they are just praying they can take his unique physical attributes and somehow fix his issues, which outside of lack of experience.. he just wasn't a very good QB in general.

I've always said, great college stats for a QB means nothing but TERRIBLE qb stats in college is a big red flag. 24 tds 15 ints is attrocious for a single season in CFB, but that is his totals for his entire tenure at Florida. 

I've seen nothing very special from Richardson from the clips i've watched. He is essentially the Travon Walker of QBs. He may be an athletic freak, but you still need to also be good at throwing a ball too.

Loss vs Chiefs
Win vs Texans
Win vs Falcons
Loss vs Bills
Win vs Colts
Loss @ Saints
Win @ Steelers
Loss vs 49ers
Win vs titans
loss @ Texans
Loss vs Bengals
Win @ Browns
Loss vs Ravens
Win @ Bucs
Win vs Panters
Loss @ titans

9-8 and Afc champs.

I can accept you being cautious in your predictions, but I cannot fathom losing to the Texans they are absolutely terrible. Will Anderson scares me, Stroud I have 0 faith will ever be their guy.

(05-13-2023, 12:56 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(05-13-2023, 12:09 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I see the schedule in much the same way.

Weeks 5 (Buffalo) through week 14 is the toughest stretch of our schedule, and if we're not careful, healthy or otherwise not at the top of our games,  there could easily be another 2-3 losses.

It's a manageable schedule, but it's not without its potential pitfalls.

This is pretty much my opinion as well.  I never particularly like doing the game-by-game predictions as it usually overstates the wins for good teams and understates the wins for bad teams.  Just take the Chiefs as an example.  They just won the Super Bowl.  If you go game-by-game, wouldn't they be favored in every game and therefore be 17-0?  However, how many teams go undefeated?  

In regard to the Jaguars, I would agree that the Chiefs, Bengals and 49ers are the three games where I would count us as the underdog.  Assuming we lost those three games, we would be 14-3.  However, are we really going to go 14-0 in the other games?  Any given Sunday is very real in the NFL.  Players are people and people have good and bad days.  Maybe Trevor has a bad day.  Maybe we have a costly turnover.  Maybe we have injuries.  Maybe there's a special teams blunder.  Maybe we have a rookie mistake.  Maybe we get a bad ref call.   Stuff happens.  Upsets happen.  While I might take 14-3 as the starting point, I suspect that we will have two or three upsets against us.  As such, I would put 11 or 12 wins as the most likely scenario.  I like to be the optimist, so I'll say 12 wins as my prediction.

I see us at 13-4(since I'm sure we'll blow one game against the division). 

I do think you're right but I'll be optimistic for once. 

I'm sure I'll revert to expecting a loss before every single game during the season.

(05-14-2023, 05:01 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(05-13-2023, 12:56 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: This is pretty much my opinion as well.  I never particularly like doing the game-by-game predictions as it usually overstates the wins for good teams and understates the wins for bad teams.  Just take the Chiefs as an example.  They just won the Super Bowl.  If you go game-by-game, wouldn't they be favored in every game and therefore be 17-0?  However, how many teams go undefeated?  

I see us at 13-4(since I'm sure we'll blow one game against the division). 

I do think you're right but I'll be optimistic for once. 

I'm sure I'll revert to expecting a loss before every single game during the season.

This is the way of the Jaguar fan.

12-5

Reverting seems nigh impossible, but this is the Jags.

(05-13-2023, 11:38 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-13-2023, 09:12 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Richardson is intriguing physically and will probably be fantasy relevant for a couple of years, but I cringe when a guy, especially one that hasn’t taken a snap in a live nfl game, talks about himself and the hall of fame.  It sounds like whatever train he’s on just sped past a sign reading “bridge out ahead”.

Richardson to me is the downside of Pat Mahomes as a prospect without all the good. 

Mahomes was up and down in college, but when he was on he was [BLEEP] on. Richardson in my view looked really bad, and it feels as if they are just praying they can take his unique physical attributes and somehow fix his issues, which outside of lack of experience.. he just wasn't a very good QB in general.

I've always said, great college stats for a QB means nothing but TERRIBLE qb stats in college is a big red flag. 24 tds 15 ints is attrocious for a single season in CFB, but that is his totals for his entire tenure at Florida. 

I've seen nothing very special from Richardson from the clips i've watched. He is essentially the Travon Walker of QBs. He may be an athletic freak, but you still need to also be good at throwing a ball too.

Loss vs Chiefs
Win vs Texans
Win vs Falcons
Loss vs Bills
Win vs Colts
Loss @ Saints
Win @ Steelers
Loss vs 49ers
Win vs titans
loss @ Texans
Loss vs Bengals
Win @ Browns
Loss vs Ravens
Win @ Bucs
Win vs Panters
Loss @ titans

9-8 and Afc champs.

I can accept you being cautious in your predictions, but I cannot fathom losing to the Texans they are absolutely terrible. Will Anderson scares me, Stroud I have 0 faith will ever be their guy.
The Texans are a division rival that always plays us tough no matter how bad their roster is.

11 wins

Cheifs game gonna be a good one

Especially like the 3 primetime games

(05-13-2023, 06:06 PM)WhyWouldYouPostThat Wrote: As the roster stands 10 wins easily. Players get traded and cut and suspended and hurt unfortunately so I'm sure my answer will change come Sept

Easily?  Lol

Lets not forget that we ended the season rough. Sure we came back from the hole we dug in the playoffs, but we couldn't stop Chad Henne from just walking down the field and scoring, we couldn't beat a QB with 1 leg. I hope we win all our games but some people need to realize we are not the Chiefs, nothing is "easy" for us. Lets not forget we lost to the Broncos last year, and barely beat a Titans team with a QB who was on the street. Again, I am hoping we punch the Chiefs in the mouth week 2, but lets be real here, we had to have miracles to beat the Ravens, Chargers and Cowboys. We aren't winning anything EASILY.
"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

(05-14-2023, 08:05 PM)Kane Wrote: 11 wins

I was thinking this too, but I hope for more. I really hope the pass coverages improves and a lot more sacks.

(This post was last modified: 05-15-2023, 05:27 AM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(05-14-2023, 02:02 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote:
(05-13-2023, 11:38 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Richardson to me is the downside of Pat Mahomes as a prospect without all the good. 

The Texans are a division rival that always plays us tough no matter how bad their roster is.

In 2017 we beat the Texans 29-7 and 45-7, Colts 27-0 and 30-10.

I agree with you in most cases, but sometimes when the talent spectrum is so high between the two teams, the "division playing tougher" aspect gets slung out the window.

(05-15-2023, 12:21 AM)AlsJagsFan Wrote:
(05-13-2023, 06:06 PM)WhyWouldYouPostThat Wrote: As the roster stands 10 wins easily. Players get traded and cut and suspended and hurt unfortunately so I'm sure my answer will change come Sept

Easily?  Lol

Lets not forget that we ended the season rough. Sure we came back from the hole we dug in the playoffs, but we couldn't stop Chad Henne from just walking down the field and scoring, we couldn't beat a QB with 1 leg. I hope we win all our games but some people need to realize we are not the Chiefs, nothing is "easy" for us. Lets not forget we lost to the Broncos last year, and barely beat a Titans team with a QB who was on the street. Again, I am hoping we punch the Chiefs in the mouth week 2, but lets be real here, we had to have miracles to beat the Ravens, Chargers and Cowboys. We aren't winning anything EASILY.

That loss to the Broncos was the last game that Trevor still looked like a below average rookie. The following week he lead a furious 17 points deficit comeback and finally started looking like the guy we thought we were getting in that draft. Also, in Trevors defense he did rally to score in the 4th to take the lead...and then bum [BLEEP] tre herndon gave up a 49 yard bomb 10 seconds later to put the Broncos back into scoring range.

20-0 with a first round playoff bye,
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS